New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think all we can do is take it one day at a time. I mean Disney is gonna release it when they want to regardless of what we all think. Honestly and I'm not saying this to be sarcastic maybe you could write to Disney and give them your feedback.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Let's face it, the Muppets are gonna have some sort of competition on the market. That's the way it goes, but 2013 presents lots of opportunities all year long. Who knows where they'll put it. Here are there options so far...​
2013 Spots for Disney to Release the Muppet Film:
January 4th (a week after The Great Gatsby, Django Unchained, Parental Guidance, and Playing the Field, against Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D)
January 11th (against Scary Movie 5)
January 13th (against Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters)
January 18th (against The Last Stand, Broken City and Now You See Me)
January 25th (against Untitled Farrelly Comedy, Battle of the Year: The Dream Team and Parker )
February 1st (against Warm Bodies and Beautiful Creatures)
February 8th (against Safe Haven and The Bitter Pill)
February 22nd (a week after A Good Day to Die Hard, Escape From Planet Earth and Seventh Son, against I, Frankenstein)
March 1st (against Elysium)
March 15th (a week after Oz: The Great And Powerful, against Carrie and 21 and Over)
March 29th (a week after Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, 2 weeks after Jack the Giant Killer The Croods and Maersk Alabama, against The Host and The Marriage Counselor )
April 5th (no announced competition yet)
April 12th (against The Evil Dead Reboot)
April 19th (no announced competition yet)
April 26th (against Horizons)
May 10th (a week after Iron Man 3, against Identity Thief and We the Peeples)
May 24th (a week after Star Trek 2, against Fast and Furious 6, The Hangover 3 and Leafmen)
June 7th (a week after Lone Ranger, against After Earth)
June 28th (a week after Monsters U and World War Z, 2 weeks after Man of Steel and The Apocalypse, against The Wolverine and RIPD)
July 12th (a week after Robopocalypse and Despicable Me 2, against Pacific Rim and Grown Ups 2)
July 26th (a week after Jurassic Park 3D Reissue and Turbo, against Dirty Dancing Remake)
August 2nd (a week after Smurfs 2, against 300: Battle of Artemisia and Red 2)
August 16th (a week after Robocop Remake, no competition yet)
August 23rd (against The Mortal Instruments)
August 30th (no announced competition yet)
October 2013 (Walking with Dinosaurs on the 11th is the only announced competition)
November 8th (a week after Singularity and Ender's Game, against Me and My Shadow)
November 29th (no announced competition yet, a week after Catching Fire, 2 weeks after Thor 2)
December 6th (no announced competition yet)
December 20th (no announced competition yet, a week after The Hobbit: There and Back Again, a week before Ninja Turtles)

So far, I vote July 26th!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
No it doesn't - that's just a way for people to refer to the next movie until it has a "real" name.

Great Muppet Caper was referred by Henson as "Muppet Movie II" until it had its actual name.

Thank you. And I sincerely mean that. Lol!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't mind a July release that just means an awesome birthday gift to me! :big_grin:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I just think that there are plenty of prime release opportunities for summer and winter releases. Usually I wouldn't promote spring or fall but there are plenty of those spots too and considering that Fox is sticking a powerhouse like Die Hard5 in February it seems like anything goes. I've seen bad films with bad spots flourish and I've seen good films with prime spots die on the vine. Nobody can predict a movie's outcome. Disney wants the Muppets to do well, despite the departure of Ross, so I don't think having a little faith in them at this point is too much to ask. :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well we kind of have to cause regardless of what we think their gonna release it when they want anyways. I mean I had concerns if they were rushing it but all that has flown out the window. I just know I am excited and thrilled it's going forward and not just sitting in a room collecting dust. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think the rush job is enough to worry in itself. Rush jobs don't automatically have to equal a problem. When it comes down to it, it's effort and luck. We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.