New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I agree with what you've said here Louis, but I personally like having the nostalgia strings plucked (at least a little). As a Miss Piggy collector for more than 30 years I live for nostalgia. I am nostalgic. Nostalgia is what I'm all about.
Oh, don't get me wrong, Cindy - I love nostalgia, and I loved that The Muppets had so many great nods to the TMS days, as well as two of their first three movies. I think it was the right tone to take for Disney's official cinematic relaunch of the franchise, and a lot of those moments are going to live in my heart forever.

That being said, now that the characters and their shenanigans are re-established, I'll echo the sentiments of some other forum members that the next movie should concentrate on the comedy and put the gang in a fresh new adventure. Nothing wrong with a couple of serious or sentimental spots (it wouldn't be the Muppets without that, right?) but I think they can stand on their own without having to dig up past memories every time.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
i'm still mad about THE MOVIE BEING THE MUPPETS 2!! THE MUPPETS HAVE NEVER HAD A SEQUEL, Huh, Let's Hope Bean Bunny Is In This

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
i'm still mad about THE MOVIE BEING THE MUPPETS 2!! THE MUPPETS HAVE NEVER HAD A SEQUEL, Huh, Let's Hope Bean Bunny Is In This
Actually, it's most likely not going to be a sequel. "The Muppets 2" is just a title the media is using until the real title pops up.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This IS NOT the official title! They're only calling it Muppets 2 because a script has not been finalized yet. Once a storyline is official and green lit I'm sure will have a more definite title. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.