1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

The last stage show was in the 80's. Muppets on Ice would be cool.
  2. catherine

catherine Active Member

ohh on ice, love it.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I just hope at the very least their gonna make some appearances over the holiday's. I can't imagine were not gonna seem them in public till the new movie comes out. Someone made a good point even though MCC is old since it is coming out on Blu-ray in Nov it would give them an excuse to come out and promote. I have a feeling they might be in the Thanksgiving and Christmas Day parades. Since isn't the Christmas one televised in Disney World anyways? So that would almost be a definite if you ask me for them to make an apperance.
  4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

Peter Linz was asked at Dragon*Con if Walter would be in the sequel and/or if Peter would be working on it.

Peter said he couldn't comment, but he did smile widely as he said it. And more widely than he usually smiles.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Nicholas Stoller already said back in April that Walter would be heavily involved in the next movie. However even though it was only a smile as you say it sounds to me like Peter must know more about what's going on with the new movie then he is obviously allowed to say.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  6. TheWoodringman

TheWoodringman Active Member

Yes, I'm excited for the new movie, but, release seasons 4 and 5 of "The Muppet Show." on DVD FIRST!
    I thought that they would've released them after the 2011 movie came out!
  7. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

8. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Any news??
  9. Pinkflower7783

If there was any news it would've been posted right away. I'm not expecting to hear any news till next year.
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Actually, it was in Montreal at the Just for Laughs festival. That was a big success for them so that might be why they reserved those domain names
  11. Muppet fan 123

What happened to the 13 pages ofthe script that they wrote? Are they still working on that?
  12. Pinkflower7783

Their probably on page 14 now. :p But seriously and this is just my thoughts I have a feeling the script is done and has already been turned in myself I just think their keeping it tight lipped till next year.

Of course then I heard James Bobin has already signed on to direct another movie but it hasn't been confirmed from him yet so I'm just like you I really have no idea what's going on. I'm just saying what I think which is usually not important anyways. :p
  13. CaseytheMuppet

Oh, wow I wrote that before the JFL event. :laugh:
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Suddenly this thread has been brought back to life. XD When there's really nothing to report. :p
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  15. Muppet fan 123

Well, actually, you wrote it after...the event took place on July 26th, you wrote that on August 10th.
    Just saying....
    (I'm trying to feel like a Muppet-know-it-all) :)
  16. CaseytheMuppet

I did? Hm.... I'm stupid. :/ I even knew about the whole thing happening. Ok, you win. :p
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  17. Muppet fan 123

Thank you,
    *feels cool*
    muppetfan16 and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  18. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I wonder if they'll dedicate the new movie to Jerry Nelson. It would make sense if they did.
  19. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Totally, that would be nice. The Muppet Christmas Carol was dedicated to both Jim and Richard and one of the Fraggle Rock DVD sets had a tribute to Jerry Juhl. Yeah, they totally should. :)
  20. catherine

catherine Active Member

hey that sounds like a fabulous idea. I hope they do that, it would be nice if they did that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.