New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the latest news on the next Muppet movie...

Writer Nick Stoller has officially confirmed:
  • The Muppet Sequel is going to be a comedy caper.
  • Disney really wants the sequel and they want it as soon as possible. Stoller says Disney wants to release it summer 2013 but he doesn’t think that’s realistic.
  • Jason Segel might cameo.
  • The sequel will introduce new Muppets.
  • Bobin and Stoller started writing the script yesterday. They wrote 13 pages after outlining the entire movie over the past few weeks.
Read more at Collider.com.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Awesome! Hope it has alot of Animal as always. Having Jack Black again would be great too. :smile:

Hayley B

Reaction score
Yay for another Muppet film! But, Summer 2013? That sounds like a bit of a rush job. I'd rather they take their time and do it right rather than rush a film out while the Muppets are hot.
I agree. Normally they feel like that they should be a direct to dvd when they get that rushed.

zoebell

Reaction score
i can't believe this is all happening so fast! although, i guess it doesn't take as long as effects driven films

still, i'm not so sure about a comedy caper, just because they've already done it. wouldn't it be directly compared to GMC? i don't want people to think they're just redoing their own history...although maybe that's a conscious part of the joke too? that could be funny i guess

disney must really be happy with this last one though, given what they're demanding

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something has just hit me: How celebrity-heavy will this one be? The previous film was very celebrity-heavy, as was The Muppet Movie, but The Great Muppet Caper only had a handful of celebrity cameos.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
still, i'm not so sure about a comedy caper, just because they've already done it. wouldn't it be directly compared to GMC?
It is kinda strange that they'd use that word, considering it clearly is a title from a previous film, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.