Jerry Nelson Recasts

tinweirdo

Reaction score
I don't know Floyd of course sounded odd with John Kennedy playing him. I still have mixed feelings about Fozzie's voice!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I too thought it was odd for Steve to get Foo Foo while Steve is clearly a main performer. Though I think his being a main performer is the reason Foo Foo was recast. Now we can have Foo Foo back with Piggy interacting with Kermit. We can relive that hilarious "oo-dee boo boo boo" moment from the Muppet SHow that has me in stitches whenever I see it.
I don't recall "oo-dee boo boo." The only time I saw Foo-Foo on TMS was in the Kenny Rogers episode and that one hasn't been working on my VCR.

I do recall hearing Kermit's line: "I am not that dog's dada!" Which episode was "oo-dee boo boo" from?

Gonzo14

Reaction score
did anyone else find it odd that Zoot is the only EM member in MWoO that still had his original peformer, and he was the only one who didn't have a line, just a moan

BEAR

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
did anyone else find it odd that Zoot is the only EM member in MWoO that still had his original peformer, and he was the only one who didn't have a line, just a moan

yes, this subject was brought up before. it is very sad.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok i got a lot to say on this. Frist i find it kind of neat and stranfe at the same time that both Frank and Jerry still work with SS. Especaly Frank because if he would want to be more of a serious directre it would seem to me insteed of staying away from the "Classic Muppets" he would stay away from the more kid show SS. I gusses though that they really enjoy doing SS though as kind of a good deed for the children i dont know.
Also i just heard John Kenndys Floyd and i got to say i liked it he souded a bit older and that was cool. He had one of the best lines in the whole movie anyways. To bad they eddited it on T.V.

LOL We have been driving the same bus since 1978 lololololo i loved it :sing:

By the way who is now doing waldorf i think his voice is the only one im really not liking like now.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
statler is done by steve whitmire now i like it it sounds a little of richard hunts also as for zoot i guess it didnt bother me as long as i can remember he didnt talk much .for floyed im happy to see him again and im glad thy brought him back fast instead of keeping him in the background for years then bring him back

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think all of them sounded great in the movie that I saw on TV. I still haven't seen it on my DVD yet. Trying to make it through the S1 TMS dvd's just now.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Miss the days, too, when Jerry would pop into the forums and drop some info, or at least say Hi.
Probably felt a bit bombarded. Everyone on this whole board would like to chat with him.

And, I'd like to reiterate what I've always said: Jerry is the awesomest of the performers! His vocal range and singing abilities have always made The Muppets (et al) the best programs.
You know, I actually calculated based on what we've heard, in terms of his vocal extremities, and I think that Jerry, from at least his late 30s to late 40s, had at least a good 3 1/2 octave range. As Thog, in songs like "Real Live Girl" with Mia Farrow and "Oh Babe, What Would You Say?" with Kaye Ballard, sang as low as the 3rd B flat below middle C, as Miss Mousey sang the C above middle C, and as Gobo in "Let the Water Run", let out a squeak which I (with my perfect pitch) pegged as being the 2nd E above middle C. Three full octaves from the low B flat to the one above middle C, and then another half an octave from there up to the E.

I smell a new thread starting.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That alone proves Jerry as the greatest performer of all time!!!

(And that you sing good... :smile: )

BEAR

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
By the way who is now doing waldorf i think his voice is the only one im really not liking like now.
Waldorf is being performed by Dave Goelz these days.