1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jerry Nelson Recasts

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Princess Melora, Jul 21, 2004.

1. The Whatevers

The Whatevers New Member

I love Jerry, I have Muppet Show Season 1 and I ALWAYS can tell who he is performing because he has such a unique voice.
  2. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

If you e-mailed Jerry by using private message,I'm sure he would like to here that about him.
    His nickname is Twiddlebug(spelling?).
  3. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Two things:
    1) Twiddlebug has never outright said that he's Jerry Nelson, even though he's all but said it. Until he comes out and says it, we should respect his right to privacy by using his preferred address.
    2) I vaguely recall trying to send him a PM, and I think he had opted to leave that function off.

But back to the subject of Jerry, he really is like "the Mel Blanc of the Muppets", as Christopher Finch said in "Of Muppets and Men", because while his voices are readily identifiable, sharing what sounds like a common root, they're still nothing alike. Strangepork doesn't sound like J.P. Grosse, Robin doesn't sound like Thog, Shouting Lady doesn't sound like the All Of Me monster- but yet, in a perverse way, you can kind of hear that they're the same person, like Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam, Tweety and Sylvester, etc.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

4. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

I not making it up,and you don't have to trust me now about that.But I did pm him sometime recently,and I got a nice reply back.:)
  5. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

I didn't know that! That ROCKS!:excited:
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

was it really that bad?

I wonder if its as bad as my dad's, lol (but really, hes got the pitch at least. But its Still way, way, way, too wheezy)

Is there anyway to hear it without buying the dvd?
  7. Muppet Matt

Borrow it from your library (spelling?).
  8. Sgt Floyd

I've checked and it doesnt have it. And my mom doesnt have netflix/blockbuster and as far as I know, I'm no where near any movie rental stores
  9. Muppet Matt

Is there a rental store called Hollywood video? I can try to find some more names of rental stores if you want.
  10. Muppet Matt

At my library you can request them to order something, they almost always do it, (unless it's out of print.);)
  11. Sgt Floyd

cool. There is a copy of MWoO floating around the branch of libraries I'm in, its just not at my library. I wonder if I ask they can get it.
  12. Muppet Matt

I can also put holds of books, music, DVDs etc. and get them in from other librarys in Ohio.
  13. Sgt Floyd

So can I, I just dont know if I can get them from other libraries:smirk:
  14. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Didn't say you were making it up. I didn't know you had already PM'ed him, I know I tried it once and the function was off for said user.

15. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

I was telling the truth.:)
  16. The Whatevers

The Whatevers New Member

Really? So Jerry uses this forum?

Do any other puppeteers use the forum?
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

At MuppetFest they all agreed that they use it at some point--if not to post then to at least see what the next project is.

I love all those guys (and gals). Really. I also kind of feel like this thread is a little demeaning to Jerry's work, but also kind of not since it's also part of his choice. I dunno.
  18. Muppet Matt

Do you know what/ was their user names?:D
  19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Well, you don't want folks to be inundated with e-mails and PMs, and I really don't know all their screen-names. Of course, to read the forums you don't have to be a member, either, so they may never have all signed on.

Jerry and Karen Prell, and Mike Quinn have posted frequently on the boards. They've been very nice and courteous to all us fans over the years.

This is also another reason that I find it VERY important that we all participate around here with professionalism, positive attitudes, and friendliness without any negativity at all because when folks come here from either JHC, Diz, or SW, I want them to feel welcome and proud to be here, not like their wasting their time thumbing through argument after argument.

Honestly, none of them ahve been signed on in a LONG time.

And, I'll say it again: It'd be cool to hang out with Jerry for a night on the town!
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's Jerry...and I was here when he was online and posting, and I had no idea until after someone offended him and he left...*sigh*