Jerry Nelson Recasts

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
(And that you sing good... :smile: )
Well, really that only proves that I hear well. But I have been told I have some vocal prowess myself (if not Jerry Nelson's range)...

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

golden teeth

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson...what happened to him?

I know hes recasting for the Muppets now, but after Muppets Treasure Island, hes no longer been credited as a Muppet performer, even though he did do the voice and puppeteering for Ubergonzo, Robin, Statler, Floyd, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry and the chicken(I think it was Camilla) in Muppets from Space, and in IAVMMCM, he did the voices of Pops, Robin, Statler and background voice of Floyd. WHat happened to him? He's so talented.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
He's essentialy just retired from performing, but still does occassional voice-overs for some Muppet characters from time to time.

BEAR

Reaction score
He has sort of limitted his time to only playing The Count and a few others on Sesame Street.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I can see why he would want to go into retirement. I'm just glad he still does voices.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What do you mean he hasn't been credited as a muppet performer since Muppet Treasure Island? I thought he was. I thought he was still active in performing untill around 2002.

golden teeth

Reaction score
WHat I mean is...

What I mean is that look in the end credits or back cover of Muppets From Space or Its a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and it says who the human stars are and then it says, "And the Muppet Performers: Dave Goelz, Steve Whittemire, Bill Barretta and Frank Oz(Eric Jacobson for IAVMMCM). Jerry Nelson is still in the movies, but he isn't credited with being a Muppet performer and is barely in the movies.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
That means Dave and Steve are the only remaining performers from The Muppet Show

golden teeth

Reaction score
Yeah...its sad but true. Jim, Richard and (can't remember name but she did voices first season...she voiced Janice) are all dead and Jerry only does minor roles now, but he is in the new sequal to the Dark Crystal. He plays the Highlord(Or something like that).