1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jerry Nelson Recasts

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Princess Melora, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Princess Melora

Princess Melora New Member

Jerry will continue to perform the Count on Sesame Street, but there were auditions this week for his other characters (with Jerry's blessing). No word yet on who will be doing what.
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update as always Princess Melora!
  3. Princess Melora

Princess Melora New Member

Glad to help!

Also glad also you got the "Princess Melora" reference. *The Frog Prince* is one of my favorite Muppet productions, especially Jerry's Robin.
  4. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Do you mean his Sesame characters or his Muppet Show characters? If so, which ones :)
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Will you notify us of the changes once they take place, please?

If anybody has ever written Jerry and got a response, you'll kow he's absolutely one of the kindest, most cool people ever!! The kind of guy you just want to hang out with and talk for hours on end. Awesome guy, perfect performer!

Gotta love me some Jerry Nelson!!
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Jerry was always one of my favorite muppeteers... though I never had a least favorite...I don't really know how to feel.

If it brings back characters like Sherlock Hemlock (I doubt it) and Herry Monster, it could be good news. I hope Jerry's doing alright, still....

edit... they did recast his Lew Zeland character, and they've re-recast Statler sometimes when Jerry's unable to perform him...
  7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i would LOVE to do Flyod and Robin...i do a pritty mean Flyod and Robin if i do say so myself! :D quick how do i sign up? :excited:
  8. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

I can do Scred's voice...but I don't think he's gonna be showing up on Sesame Street anytime soon.:crazy:

Hmmm...Scred on Elmo's World...

Convincing John
  9. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I LIKE it!

of course, Elmo's world needs some sick and twisted humor...hehe
  10. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Hey Fozzie, i would LOVE to write to Jerry Nelson, althoughi don't have has mailing address.. or a place to contact him. Can you PLEASE help me? He did the voice for my favorit Mupet of all time... Gobo... and (if you read the FraggleRocker.com forum) theres an internet show a bunch of people are doing, for fun. its an Audio show of Fraggle Rock. I play two characters, Boober, and Gobo. So if theres any way u can help a fellow member out... lemme know. thank you :smirk:
  11. Fozzie Bear

Hey, check the "help" section of MC, there's a Fan Mail address you can write to there. Just label it:

Jerry Nelson
    ICO JHC Fan Mail
    POB blah blah blah...
  12. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

thank you
  13. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Your welcome......
  14. Rowlf's Roadie

Rowlf's Roadie New Member

I heard about this on Tough Pigs. Sesame Workshop is recasting some of Jerry's characters. He'll still perform the Count, and I won't be surprised if Mumford is recast because of the Halloween DVD he'll be in soon...
  15. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

How did we hear about the auditions for Jerry Nelson's characters?
  16. Fozzie Bear

Princess Melora (some kin to someone who works with the Muppets) posted it in the first post of this thread!
  17. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

I know she did...I was just wondering how she knew. Do we know who she is related to?
  18. Fozzie Bear

19. Rowlf's Roadie

Rowlf's Roadie New Member

I haven't seen the Halloween DVD yet, but Danny Horn has and says that Jerry's credited for Mumford, but only did the voice. :smirk:
  20. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

So who do you think Henson is auditioning to take over Jerry's roles?