Chasing Robin

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for the story behind the cameo. My grandfather used to own a dollar-ten store, that my dad, my aunts and uncles all worked at. For a long time, they were the only place in town that sold lottery tickets, and they made a HUGE profit on them. In fact, that's probably about the only way they made money at all. Because nowadays, whenever my dad mentions the store to anyone who grew up around there, they say, "Oh, I remember that place! I used to steal from there all the time!" Which, by the way, is part of why Junior stole the frog.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow, I got it on my second geuss. WHOO! Oh, and I hope you're happy, I came here looking for the next chapter, and it's not here. I could have been finishing my next chapter instead of taking the time to read this, then reply to it. Now I'm just wasting more time by going on and on and on...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Now go and post more story.

Animal: More story! More Story!
*Animal does some heavy breathing to get his point across.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Keep Going

Bunsen examined his controls, looking for the air conditioning. "Ah, here it is," he said as he flipped a switch.

The car screeched to a halt. Beaker's air bag opened to ten times it's intended size, smothering the red-haired Muppet.

"Meemeemeemeemeemmemmemme..." Beaker said as the air bag muffled his meeps.

"What was that, Beakie?" Bunsen asked. He turned his head and saw the huge fully-inflated air bag. "Beaker!" he said. "You know better than to inflate the airbags, those are for emergencies! Now, you deflate that right now and help me get this car started again!"

Bunsen got out of the car. Beaker's arms flailed out from around the air bag, helpless. From the back seat, Sweetums gave the air bag a good hard push and it quickly deflated, snapping back into it's compartment as though nothing had happened. Beaker gasped for air, shook it off with a "Mee mee moo mou mee," and got out to help Bunsen. Sweetums tried to shake his head, but he didn't have enough room in the tiny back seat. So he just sighed and hoped that Robin was alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Rowlf, Gonzo, and Fozzie did their best to push Miss Piggy out of the restaurant while Kermit lagged slightly behind, dragging Rizzo with him and apologizing profusely to the disgruntled wait staff.

"I'm really sorry about this, I-"

"YOU CREEP!" Miss Piggy was shouting over her shoulder. "YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THAT, YOU UNDERSTAND? YOU'LL BE SORRY!"

"Um, I'm sure she doesn't mean that," Kermit said. "She just gets a little-"

"I MEAN IT!" Miss Piggy shouted.

"Come on, Piggy," Rowlf said, trying once again to herd her out.

"WATCH it, Dog!" She said.

Meanwhile Rizzo was still trying to tug out of Kermit's grip. "Come on, she didn't finish the pie!" he said. "Lemme finish that pie!"

With a final jerk of his arm, Kermit yanked the rat out of the restaurant. Fozzie helped Rowlf, Gonzo and Rizzo push themselves and Miss Piggy into the back seat. Then he and Kermit got into the front. Kermit sighed, exasperated.

"Are we ready to go now?" he said wearily.

"HE CALLED ME FAT!" Miss Piggy screamed, trying to claw her way to a door.

Kermit and Fozzie looked at each other. "I think that's a yes," Fozzie said, and they drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

"Okay, Robin, you should be set," Larry said to the young frog.

They were standing in front of the dollar store. Robin was on a small bicycle, with his pack on his back and the map lying open in the basket in front of him. He looked gratefully up at Larry and his younger brother Rick, who had brought the bicycle.

"Thank you very much, guys," he said. "I wish I had something to give you."

Larry shook his head. "Don't worry about it," he said.

"Yeah, we're just happy to help," Rick agreed.

"Well thank you very much," Robin said.

"You're welcome," Larry said. "Good luck."

The boys watched as the young frog pedalled away.

"You're right, Larry," Rick said. "The bike fits him perfectly."

Larry nodded. "It's kind of sad to see it go," he said.

They stood in silence for a moment before going inside to close up the shop.

Robin pedalled as hard and as fast as he could, snacking on fireflies and mosquitos as he rode off in the fading daylight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Fozzie pulled the car over to the side of the road and turned the engine off.

Kermit turned and looked at him. "Tired?" he asked.

Fozzie sighed. "Yeah," he said.

Kermit nodded. "You've been driving for a long time."

Rowlf leaned forward. "Hey, Fozzie, do you want me to drive?" he offered.

"Yeah," Fozzie said.

"Why don't we get out and stretch our legs a little bit, first," Kermit said.

They unbuckled, climbed out into the cool night air and scattered along the road. They had been so close to each other all day, a little elbow room was more than welcome.

Kermit paced the length of the car several times before leaning against the front fender, his arms folded across his chest for warmth. He looked down at his feet, worrying himself about his nephew. But worrying wouldn't help Robin at all. Kermit knew he needed to somehow calm himself.

"It's not easy bein' green," he sang.
"Havin' to spend each day
the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer
Bein' red or yellow, or gold
Or something much more colorful like that.
It's not easy bein' green.
It seems you blend in with so many other
ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over,
'Cause you're not standing out like
flashy sparkles in the water,
Or stars in the sky..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Many many miles away, a much smaller, weaker voice could be heard.

"But green's the color of Spring," Robin sang.
"And green can be cool
And friendly-like.
And green can be big
Like a mountain
Or important
like a river
Or tall like a tree."

He was exhausted, but he knew he needed to keep going, keep pushing himself on through the night. So he had decided to keep himself awake with song.

"When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why.
But why wonder? Why wonder?"

He hit a bump in the road, lost his balance, and fell off the bike. It continued to roll on without him for a couple of feet before crashing down to the ground. He rolled onto his back and looked up at the starry night, trying to fight the sleep as it came to overtake him.

"I am green.
And it'll do fine..."

A shooting star raced across the sky.

"...It's beautiful..."

Everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Kermit looked up and saw a shooting star race across the sky.

"And I think it's what I wanna be."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Just a side note, this post makes me a senior member! Yippee!​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And well worth it Lisa. Welcome to the Club!

Ah, another moment of silence for the defunct hottubs.
But lookin' forward to the next chapter of this and Ryan's story. And maybe now we can get back to Visions, But Only Illusions too.
Oh yeah, this means another surprise in September for the dorms anniversary.

Hope you're still with us then.
Good night to all of you out there, whatever you may be!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yay! Lisa's a senior member! Yay! Welcome to the club. There aren't to many benifits...

Oh, and Lisa another side note, the heart wrench was just fine without hearing the song before hand.

I loooved Rizzo in the diner, it was totally his character!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Congrats on making it to senior member status, Lisa! As of this post, I've only got 82 more posts until I make it.

Loved both Kermit and Robin singing "Bein' Green"; I can almost visualize how that would be staged/shot if this were an actual movie.

-Kim

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Glad that people liked the Kermit/Robin singing part. I'm kind of proud of it.

So who wants the next chapter? I'll give hints. We have a whole herd of new Muppets... er, at least I think you would refer to them as a herd... and we see the aftermass of a food fight. (aftermass? aftermath? something.) So if anybody wants to see that...