Chasing Robin

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I want more! I want more!

I loved the use of Being Green. It was wonderful.

Congrats on being a senior member! I'm coming up behind you shortly here! I hope to make it soon myself!

But anyway, more story! More! More I say!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Have You Herd?

Robin awoke to see nothing but a seemingly giant eye. He screamed.

"See, Rider, now you've gone and scared him," a lady's voice said.

The eye pulled away and Robin saw that he was looking at a chestnut Muppet horse. "Well, I didn't mean to, Baylor," the horse said.

Robin sat up and looked around. He was surrounded by a whole herd of fifty or so wild Muppet horses.

"Well whether you meant to or not, you did," Baylor said. She was a deep chocolate color with a white streak down the middle of her face. She lowered her head so she was about eye-level with Robin. "You'll have to excuse Rider, he's not accustomed to children. What's your name, dear?"

Robin touched his shoulders and felt the straps of his pack. He was still wearing it. Why hadn't he taken it off? What had happened last night?

"My name's Robin," he said.

"Robin," the horse repeated. "It's nice to meet you, Robin. My name is Baylor. That there is Rider who woke you up. And this here is Marshall."

Robin could tell from how Marshall held himself that he was the leader. His coat was a shimmery black. He cleared his throat.

"Hello, Robin," he said. "You see, we were just roaming- as we often do- and we were wondering why there was a frog sleeping in the dirt on the side of the road."

Robin looked down at his now filthy uniform. He hadn't known he was in the dirt.

"Well, I... I'm being chased," he explained. "There's a man named Doc Hopper, and he and his son Junior own- or, um, they're trying to start, or... something... but, um, it's called Doc Hopper and Son's French Fried Frog Leg Restaurant chain."

"Ewwwwwww," the horses all said.

"So you're running away from them?" Marshall asked.

"Well, I was riding," Robin said, indicating the fallen bicycle. "I was riding as fast as I could, but... I must have fallen, and I... I guess I fell asleep."

"So where are these guys now?" Rider asked.

They heard the rumble of a truck. Robin got up and stepped towards the road and looked around the horses. He froze.

"Right there," he said.

Marshall looked at the truck, looked at the frog, looked at Baylor. He reached his head down and grabbed Robin's pack in his mouth, lifting the frog onto Baylor's back.

"LET'S RIDE!" he shouted, and they galloped away from the road at full speed, leaving the Hoppers and their truck in the dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Clifford pounded at the numbers on the pay phone. He turned and looked back inside the fast-food joint, where Pepe, Johnny, and Sal were still sitting. It looked like Sal was yelling at Pepe. Again. Pepe was preparing to defend himself, using the food in front of him. Clifford sighed, glad that the phone was outside. The others were sure to get thrown out soon.

Finally there was an answer at the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kerm, it's Clifford."

"Oh hi Clifford," Kermit said.

"Have you heard from Robin at all?" Clifford asked.

"Yeah he called last night. he said he was in Denver."

"Denver, huh?"

"Yeah. He got a ride with a deer."

"...Ooookay then," Clifford said. "I won't ask."

"Thank you," Kermit said.

The restaurant door opened and Johnny, Sal, and a milk-shake covered Pepe came flying out. They landed on the sidewalk at Clifford's feet.

"Well, Kerm, I gotta go," Clifford said. "I'll call you later."

"Alright, Clifford. Later."

Clifford hung up and looked at the tangle of Muppets in front of him. "Are you done fooling around yet? Come on, we've gotta find Robin." He stepped over them. "Sal, where'd you park the car?"

Sal stood up. "Oh, I parked way in back, far away from every one else," he said.

"Oh, good," Johnny said. "I don't want any more scratches on her."

"Her?" Pepe asked.

"The car," Sal said. He and Johnny started to walk through the parking lot.

"Hey Clifford," Pepe said. "You got some napkins, hokay?"

Clifford pulled a couple napkins out of his pocket and handed them to the prawn.

"Hey," Pepe said as he wiped the milkshake off, "Don't trucks usually park in the back of parking lots?"

They looked at each other, then towards the car.

"Oh, no," Clifford said. They ran through the parking lot and stopped next to the man and monkey. Johnny was frozen in terror. Sal was shaking. A large semi-truck was backing out next to the convertible. Right next to the convertible. It scraped along the hood of the car, knocked off the right side view mirror, and rubbed along the whole rest of the car. Then the truck drove off, as though the driver hadn't even noticed the damage caused.

"Aw, man!" Clifford said.

Johnny turned to Sal, furious.

"Uh, uh, don't worry, Johnny! I- I'll stop him!" Sal said, starting to chase after the truck.

"No," Clifford said, "You won't. Come on, guys, we've gotta head for Denver."

"Denver?" Pepe said. "Is the little froggy there now?"

"Yeah," Clifford said. "He got a ride with a deer."

Johnny looked at Clifford, confused. "A dear what?"

"I don't believe this," Clifford said, and he got in the car.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! The deer gag lives on! Another great chapter. I love the horses!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hee, hee. Why do you think Aaron has Rowlf as his roommate over at the dorms Lisa? Who you think taught him how to do that trick?
And I believe the word you were searching for was "aftermath".

The main part of this chapter, the diner with Clifford and the others was the best part. Especially...
Clifford: Oookay, I won't ask.
Kermit: Thanks.
Keep it coming!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh great, it's a running gag. Speaking of which...

<A penguin runs in carrying a cue card that says "Applause">

Crowd: Applause!!! How dumb can we get?

But seriously applause for the wonderful chapter. I love Pepe and the milkshake. And the horses are funny as well!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beth: Yes, the deer gag lives on. It might even pop up once more before the story is through.

Count: Aftermath! That's the one! Thanks. Glad you liked the "I won't ask".

prawncracker: SO glad you liked Pepe and the milkshake. See the point of this chapter was to get the horses and Robin together, but that by itself was way way way too short. So I thought, hm, who haven't we seen in a while? You know that convertible isn't getting enough abuse... and it just sort of went from there.

And I am SO happy that people like the horses. I was a little worried about them. By the way, does anyone know if a group of wild horses is really referred to as a "herd"? I've heard of herds of cows, and I've heard of herds of buffalo, but I don't think I've ever heard of herds of horses. Woah, that sounds really confusing. Anyway, I was just wondering.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope... Don't think I've heard of a herd of horses.
You've never heard of horses?
Course I heard of horses, they go Neigh! Neigh!
Horse: Yaey! Yaey!

Dr. Bob, aren't you ashamed of yourself?
I don't care if the horse's heard.
Horse: Can we just shoe this along?
Sure... *Takes object and holds it up.
Here you go... a horseshoe!
*Throws it off-screen and ring can be heard. A perfect ringer.
Tune in next time when you'll hear Nurse Janice say...

Like Dr. Bob, shouldn't we get back to the little froggy's story? Like what if she gets tired of all these bad jokes?
Dr. Bob: Oh don't worry about that... The frog in her throat's perfectly natural... After all, she's a little hoarse right now anyway!
*All exit laughing.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<laughs> That was pretty funny, Count. Good to know I'm not the only one who's never heard of a herd of horses...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard of what? Horses. Course I heard of horses.
No, the horse's herd. I don't care if the horse's heard, I've got nothing to be ashamed about!

Oh sorry, now I'm repeating myself. How many times did your daddy repeat himself on you George?
Well...

*Buzz comes in through the loud speaker with "Science-Fiction" as the only words.
Oh no, it seems I've used this ray gun to send you back into your past George.
George: Daddy?
I'm not your daddy anymore George.
George, quivering,: Aaaaaaaaah.

A Whose Line bit for you.
Now then, is the strike over? Will we get some more story?