Chasing Robin

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Count said:
Now then, is the strike over? Will we get some more story?
Well, has Beau posted more of "Visions, but only Illusions"? Because that's what's going to end the "strike."
Meanwhile... I'm really looking forward to posting the next chapter. There's this description that was largely taken from something I wrote in my journal over a year ago when I was on a plane. Wonder if you'll be able to figure out which one it is. Well, whether you do or not, I think I'll put part of that journal entry into the extras, assuming I get to extras... But anyway, I actually have to do a little re-working of the next chapter. See there's this song I was going to have the horses sing, but I think I'll give it to the Electric Mayhem. Anyway, enough hinting. More story tomorrow. Unless, of course, Beau decides not to post any of his story...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, OK. Unless of course... We cave and end the strike without accomplishing that for which we went to strike for. Kind of like my university this last April.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'm writing the next chapter, and the EM has a song. Trouble is that when I specify who is singing what, it seems choppy. So I just thought I would post the song ahead of time without the "Floyd sang" "Janice sang" "Dr. Teeth sang" "They sang" stuff, just so you get a better idea of how the song really flows. Because within the chapter, with all the "Floyd sang" "Janice sang" Dr. Teeth sang" "They sang" stuff, it seems really choppy. So the song goes like this:

You know that funny feeling that the world is caving in on you
IN ON YOU!
And there’s just no way you can stop it no matter what you try to do
(Fer Sure)

You’ve gotta find your foe and fight it
Catch your wrong and right it
Face your facts and hold onto your seat
When all else fails, you gotta use your feet
And RUN! From the money
RUN From the pain
RUN From the world that drives you insane, yes
RUN From the damage
RUN From the heart
RUN And you’ll have yourself a brand new start, just
RUN.

There’s no way to fight it when nothing on this whole planet makes sense
(Rully)
And there’s no way to hide it when you can’t come to your own defense
OWN DE-FENSE!

You’ve gotta find your foe and fight it
Catch your wrong and right it
Face your facts and hold onto your seat
When all else fails, you gotta use your feet
And RUN! From the money
RUN From the pain
RUN From the damage
RUN From the heart
RUN.

Troubles only hurt you if you’re easy to catch
If you don’t stir the batter, it’s a rotten batch
The world keeps turning
The butter keeps churning
The wood would be burning
If you’d only light the match

So RUN From the money
RUN From the pain
RUN From the damage
RUN From the heart
RUNAnd you’ll have yourself a brand new start, just
RUNFrom the money
RUNFrom the pain
RUNFrom the world that drives you insane, yes
RUN From the damage
RUN From the heart
RUN RUN RUN

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Phew! So many fan-fics to read through! Glad I read this one though! Bravo! Excellent work, keep it coming! BTW; does this song have a tune?

Beauregard

Reaction score
WOW! That song is soo...wow! I mean...hmm...I don't have many words to express myself in...Wow!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Run

There was still a hole in the roof where Beaker's seat had been ejected. Sweetums was looking up through it. There were huge puffy clouds, completely white save for the shadows that they cast upon themselves. Rays of the morning sunlight were streaming through to the ground. It was nearly impossible to distinguesh where the snow-capped mountains ended and the clouds that rested upon them began. It was a marevelloous view, but Sweetums barely noticed. He was thinking about Robin. Specifically, he was worrying about Robin, and being continuously interrupted by Bunsen and Beaker.

"Beakie, could you please hand me the hydro-electric hand held thermos?" Bunsen asked. By now, Sweetums knew that this was just an elaborate way of saying "I want some coffee."

Beaker pulled a silver cylinder off of his door, unscrewed the top, and handed it to Bunsen. Bunsen took a long drink and handed it back to his assistant, not noticing the little big that had dripped down the side.

"Thank you, Beakie!" he said.

Beaker took the hydro-electric hand held thermos and, noticing the spill, took a napkin to wipe it off. But when he tried to wipe it, he got a tiny pinprick of a shock.

"Meep!" he said. He screwed the top back on and went to replace the thermos to its slot on the door, not realizing there was still some coffee on it.

"MEEEEEEEMEEMEEMEE!" The electricity ran through the coffee, into his fingers, and throughout his entire body.

Bunsen thought Beaker had been drinking the coffee and maybe burnt his tongue. "Oh, be careful, Beakie," he said. "It's hot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The Electric Mayhem climbed onto the bus, eager to get back on the road after having a late breakfast. Dr. Teeth got in the driver's seat and started the engine.

"You know, I like, can't help but worry about Robin," Janice said.

"Aw, don't worry, baby," Floyd said. "He's a quick little frog, I bet he's doin' just fine!"

"Floyd's right," Dr. Teeth said. "Robin will be alright, so long as he keeps running."

"RUNNING! RUNNING!" Animal shouted.

Zoot looked up a little. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" he said.

"I think so!" Floyd said.

"Like, cue music!" Janice said, and they all reached for their instruments. All but Dr. Teeth, who was driving.

"ONE TWO THREE FOUR!" Animal counted off

"You know that funny feeling that the world is closing in on you," Dr. Teeth sang.

"IN ON YOU!" Animal shouted.

"And you just can't stop it no matter what you try to do," Floyd sang.

"Fer sure," Janice said.

"You've gotta find your foe and fight it," Floyd sang.

"Catch your wrong and right it," Janice sang.

They harmonized, "Face your facts and hold onto your seat."

Dr. Teeth sang, "When all else fails, you've gotta use your feet!"

Animal jumped in occasionally as the three of them sang together and Zoot played his sax.

"And RUN from the money
RUN from the pain
RUN from the world that drives you insane, just
RUN from the damage
RUN from the heart
RUN and you'll have yourself a brand new start, so
RUN!"

Floyd sang, "There's no way to fight it when nothing in this world makes sense,"

"Rully," Janice said.

Floyd continued, "And there's no way to hide it when you can't come to your own defense."

"OWN DE-FENSE!" Animal shouted.

Dr. Teeth sang, "You've gotta find your foe and fight it."

"Catch your wrong and right it," Floyd sang.

"Face your facts and hold onto your seat," Janice sang.

The three of them sang together, with occasional help from Animal once more.

"When all else fails, you've gotta use your feet!
And RUN from the money
RUN from the pain
RUN from the world that drives you insane, yes
RUN from the damage
RUN from the heart!
RUN and you'll have yourself a brand new start, just
RUN!"

Dr. Teeth sang, "Troubles only catch you if you're easy to catch"

Floyd sang, "If you don't stir the batter it's a rotten batch,"

Janice sang, "The world keeps turning,"

Floyd joined her, "The butter keeps churning,"

Zoot sang, "The wood would be burning,"

The whole band sang "If you'd only light the match!
So RUN from the money,
RUN form the pain,
RUN from the crazy world that drives you insane, yes
RUN from the damage,
RUN from the heart,
RUN from the money,
RUN from the pain
RUN from the crazy world that drives you insane, yes
RUN from the damage
RUN from the heart
RUN RUN RUN!
"

"RUN RUN! RUN RUN! RUN RUN!" Animal shouted. They all laughed and kept on rolling down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Robin had grown comfortable with the speed. He was no longer clutching Baylor's mane with all of his might. He was amazed that the horses hardly seemed to notice that they were running. They were all talking to each other as easily as if they were holding still.

A few hours passed, and Robin could feel that they were slowing down. They came to a stop on the side of an empty road.

"Alright, Robin," Marshall said. "If you follow this road, it'll take you right into town. I hate to leave you on your own like this, but wild horses don't belong in towns."

Robin nodded. He understood. "Thank you very much, Marshall," he said. "Thank you, Baylor."

"It's our pleasure, dear," Baylor said.

Robin hopped down and started walking down the road, waving to the horses as they thundered away.

Rider glanced over his shoulder at the young frog shrinking in the distance. "Do you think he'll make it home alright?" he asked.

"Oh, I certainly hope so," Baylor said. "Such a sweet little boy."

"Of course he'll make it home," Marshall said. "He's a muppet. I've never heard of a muppet who didn't get a happy ending."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
does this song have a tune?
It does indeed, and a very upbeat tune at that. I think it fits the EM very well. But I have no idea how to tell you the tune. "La la las" don't work very well when all you have is text.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Rider glanced over his shoulder at the young frog shrinking in the distance. "Do you think he'll make it home alright?" he asked.

"Oh, I certainly hope so," Baylor said. "Such a sweet little boy."

"Of course he'll make it home," Marshall said. "He's a muppet. I've never heard of a muppet who didn't get a happy ending."
I love that line! All Muppets get happy endings! Anyway, great chapter, I just love it! I wish I could better express words that say how good this is.