C'est Les Muppets Showue!

unclematt

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
The only person I know with the know-how to rip this thing off the internet doesn't come to MC anymore...but I could possibly catch him by e-mail. I've also dragged a friend in who I am close to convinceing to translate it...though she's afraid her translation will be rough compaired to the actually frenchies here at MC.
Beau, I would much rather have a rough translation than no translation at all.

Marky

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Beau, I would much rather have a rough translation than no translation at all.
I'll tell you one thing: french humor doesn't use wordplay much, so translating from french to english isn't too bad. Going the otherway though, so much of the humor is either lost in translation or simply unfunny to the French.

... This project may require a complete re-write. Would anyone really object? I mean, does anyone really care what the Fruppets are saying?

FRUPPETS!

I made a word!
I made a word!

You guys, I am going to refer to them as Fruppets from now on.

unclematt

Reaction score
Marky said:
I'll tell you one thing: french humor doesn't use wordplay much, so translating from french to english isn't too bad. Going the otherway though, so much of the humor is either lost in translation or simply unfunny to the French.

... This project may require a complete re-write. Would anyone really object? I mean, does anyone really care what the Fruppets are saying?

FRUPPETS!

I made a word!
I made a word!

You guys, I am going to refer to them as Fruppets from now on.
I do care what the "Fruppets" are saying

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Were the scripts written completey independantly to anything that the Disney Muppets have been involved in?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Why has France and no other country been granted the use of the original Muppet characters for there own show? Surely the Muppets have been as popular in the rest of Europe as they have in France over the years?

Marky

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Why has France and no other country been granted the use of the original Muppet characters for there own show? Surely the Muppets have been as popular in the rest of Europe as they have in France over the years?
The French traded a caseload of wine and some berets pour le service de Les Fruppets!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Marky said:
The French traded a caseload of wine and some berets pour le service de Les Fruppets!
Sounds like a fair swap if the new Muppet movies are anything to go by. :stick_out_tongue:

Marky

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Sounds like a fair swap if the new Muppet movies are anything to go by. :stick_out_tongue:
You mean Oz and IAVMMCM? Well, I'll take those over nothing anyday.

And someday I must use my Frank Oz voice skills to translate some of the Fruppets! (evil organ music) I need a Henson voice person though, for my Kermit is not where-it's-at, baby...