C'est Les Muppets Showue!

muppetperson

Reaction score
So how do you plan to translate it? Will you be dubbing DVDs or have a website where we can download subtittle episodes or will you just do it in script form?
Just saw it will be guide form.Thanks.

Vector

Reaction score
Here it is Muppets TV #2!
dailymotion.com/Vector_the_Crocodile/video/1087286

I'd be glad to help you about the cultural notes.

mrsieve

Reaction score
I've watched the video. And in one scene (towards the beginning of the video approx 3mins 38-41 seconds in, when the guest star is about to walk thru two yellow swing doors. You can see the puppeteers head (follically challenged puppeteer). Then again at 7 mins 23sec (approx.). These are just two examples from the Muppets TV - 02 - Semoun & Sinclar esp. gotta love that.

Dprogo

Reaction score
Guide Form - Explanation

muppetperson said:
So how do you plan to translate it? Will you be dubbing DVDs or have a website where we can download subtittle episodes or will you just do it in script form?
Just saw it will be guide form.Thanks.
To elaborate a bit, I thought I'd start by translating the script, broken down scene by scene so that the less French capable audience would be able to follow along. Then, add cultural notes and explanations.
Finally, if someone wanted to take this and (probably re-work the script a bit) either subtitle or dub it, that'd be up to them. I'd be glad to help, but as it stands, I don't know oodles about video-editing, though I could do it, given the time and enough help with the voices. (I can do a passable Kermit, and that's about it.)

So, I think I'll start with the script in French, then translate. After that, we'll see.

Dprogo

Reaction score
Cultural Help

Vector said:
Here it is Muppets TV #2!
dailymotion.com/Vector_the_Crocodile/video/1087286

I'd be glad to help you about the cultural notes.

Much appreciated!

I'll let you know.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
mrsieve said:
I've watched the video. And in one scene (towards the beginning of the video approx 3mins 38-41 seconds in, when the guest star is about to walk thru two yellow swing doors. You can see the puppeteers head (follically challenged puppeteer). Then again at 7 mins 23sec (approx.). These are just two examples from the Muppets TV - 02 - Semoun & Sinclar esp. gotta love that.
Jim and co were just as guilty of that at times, especially on the early stuff.

Da Dogster

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
I can not believe this, I am both happy yet jealous and a bit angered at the same time. I'm glad the French get a new Muppet tv show (after all it has been French people doing all the work to get this show running) but had it been coming out in English we would have all been so excited the past couple of months and from what i'm reading and the picture on the Muppet Wiki it does look like a good show.

Disney are dumb, yes Disney are dumb whoever thinks otherwise then so be it but in my opinion Disney have no idea what there doing with the Muppets. I've been waiting patiently, hoping that they'll prove me wrong and hopefully one day they will but i've had enough of waiting. :mad:

Sorry about this little outburst, this is all coming from me being really jealous that there's finally something new and cool being done with the Muppets and even if I get to see it, I wont even understand it.

What a dissapointment:frown:

Though I can't say I would have rather them have not done it at all than doing it in French, so I am happy at least something has been done with them
I agree I would love to see the all new muppet show over here in america.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yeah, right now I don't think we're ready for a TMS until we find good writers who actually KNOW the Muppets!

Vector

Reaction score
Goodies available in France:
tf1store.fr/divertissement/muppets-tv