C'est Les Muppets Showue!

Marky

Reaction score
Vector said:
They're not swearing all the time. But when they do it, it's always funny for any french viewer. We're used to. :smile:
French swearing is not the same as English. What they consider really bad is not the same. ie, words against the church are far more troubling for them than simple crudeness.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Vector said:
Here it is a translation of the Animal & Piggy part at 34mn00. Please note that all muppets are swearing in the french version. It's totally usual in France, even in kid shows:

Piggy: You're coming at the right moment, Animal! What do you think of me to play in the musical?

Animal(singing): "Nothing to loose, nothing to take care, nothing to ******* take care, nothing to footle around, nothing to ******* take care!"

Piggy: Sorry? Is there a problem?!

Animal(singing): "I'm fed up of this chick! Fed up of this chick!"

Piggy: Listen to me carefully, you big pile of hair! You stop it right now!!

Animal(singing): "Shift out the way! Shift out the way!"

Piggy: Are you ******* messing with me? You know WHO I am?

Animal(singing): "The pretty Sausage! The pretty Sausage!"

Sausage in french means an ugly woman. :smile:

WOW! lol

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
*twitches*
Muppets... cursing.... Jim's probably rolling over in his grave right now...:sympathy: :attitude:
*dies*

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Meepsterboy said:
*twitches*
Muppets... cursing.... Jim's probably rolling over in his grave right now...:sympathy: :attitude:
*dies*
why would he they had swearing parts in the muppet show..muppets movies..as well as tv spots way at the very start of the muppets.
But I will admit if they said the F word here people would really get bent out of shape over thats for sure:flirt:
But ok I've watched these clips so far don't understand a single word...stupid noah!(well if you believe in that lol).
I enjoy the puppets I think fozzie and animal are the best of the bunch though and I enjoyed the animal radio gag. I also enjoyed what I believe to be them making fun of the swedish chef.
I enjoyed seeing scooter even if his voice annoyed me.
Kermit was ok I dont even understand him but he's much better than steve witmire.
The sets are ok they're very 90's like and I love the logo everything sort of reminds me of everything the muppets have done all rolled into one..I really think people would have enjoyed leon and digit and lindberg on this show though I guess they are never coming back. Even if this show does have a slight jim henson hour feel to me.
Did anyone else notice during the bands song they got a close up of piggys chest I was shocked lol.
I also enjoyed the guests song and liked fozzie in the rubix cube outfit lol.
And it was very classic muppets that Animal messed up the guests song!!!
I also enjoyed the cell phone moment with piggy screaming...sorta oddly enough reminded me of mahna mahna lol. it's also very classic.
Wow Cliffords person is baaaaaaad..I may not like any of his characters besides leon but it just goes to show you what an amazing puppatier Kevin Clash is.
And what is this during muppets anatomy is that an x-ray of Palisades Animal toy? man thats great!
One thing I'm really noticing thats bad is the lack of good sets...but thats missing all over the place today...people just dont have any **** imagination today..it's really sad.
enjoyed the gonzo basketball bit also.
ok the first part was annoying and way to long as is this piggy part...could be only because i dont understand it all though.
And guys no one should be feeling bad we all want something new this bad I'm sure all of us have watched it. I may be sad but it's true.
Over all I'd say not bad at all for something I don't understand but whats lacking that no one not even the hensons seem to understand is that we want to see other characters besides the regular people.
The stage acts with other odd muppets is always what made the shows for me...I don't know about you guys but thats whats been lacking for me.

Marky

Reaction score
The the way swear in French is not the same.
(Piggy's name is Peggy. LOL!)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Vector--we have to maintain a cultural understanding of "family friendly" for USA and a few other countries. We can't say 'dirty words' on the forum. Now, if you get me in traffic it's a totally different story! :smile: Thanks for posting the links!

Wow, he's a busy man. I'm jealous you have a new show in France and we don't.

Maybe the jealousy of folks on this side of the pond will get Diz's attention and they'll give us a new show, too?

Beauregard

Reaction score
*watches the interveiw thing* *doesn't get a word* *watches it again*

Am I a fan, or what? :stick_out_tongue: