C'est Les Muppets Showue!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
None of the french puppeteers are Muppeteers, there for (in my opinion) this is not now or ever will be a Muppet show.

Perhaps I can throw escargot at Disney and MHC in protest for continuing to hurt the Muppets.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
What ticks me off is Disney is just doing this to get a European market! Remember EuroDisnyland?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Mmmm, Muppets on a French roll!!! Will they serve Mayonnaise on that too??
Oh la la. Well at least it will create Muppet awareness, so even though it is using foreign puppeteers, I beleive it will create jobs for the American puppeteers in the long run, so I think it is a positive thing.Thanks for the link, Fozzie.

beaker

Reaction score
So pretty much, Disney is letting them use Muppet puppet replicas and make their own little show. How cute.

Too bad no serious Muppet fan would consider this canon or even the real Muppets or a real Muppet production.

They should create new original puppets, period.

Sadly, Disney has relegated the "muppets" as nothing more than empty puppets to be handed out to whomever(cruiselines and this france show are just the beginning) the point where we wont even know when something is a REAL Muppet production, since it'll be so cheapened and watered down...meanwhile there seems to be ZERO real Muppet productions in the works.

Anyways, just seems strange they are going to all this work for the small niche France audience, but not make this universal...the MAGIC of the Muppets appeals on a universal level.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well, I don't think there is any muppet canon. I mean, it's not like you can make a realistic timeline out of any of the productions.

This is another sign that the muppets are being used the same as cartoon charatcers. It's not the same. You can't just hand puppets over to a bunch of people and have a muppet show. That's not how it works. The characters are more than the puppets.

beaker

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Well, I don't think there is any muppet canon. I mean, it's not like you can make a realistic timeline out of any of the productions.

This is another sign that the muppets are being used the same as cartoon charatcers. It's not the same. You can't just hand puppets over to a bunch of people and have a muppet show. That's not how it works. The characters are more than the puppets.
I concur. Thats why they should have just made original muppets for this venture. France, like Germany just HAS to dub everything which is lame.

Btw, has there ever been a Muppet fan from France on here? Just curious.
They were the first to get the Fraggle dvds, again...dubbed in French.

I myself love hearing the original language of which say, a Sesame show originates. Theres a powerful new documentary on world sesame street coming to dvd soon.

Frogster

Reaction score
I guess the Muppets aren't much, anymore... that's sad, but we still have the past to enjoy.

(100 left!)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
What the sad part is, is that it's all business. Where's the art?