C'est Les Muppets Showue!

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Could any of our French Muppet fans possibly get a clean MP3 of the new show's funky theme? If so please PM me.

I'm hoping we can get a couple of people intrested enough to do the dub of the french show in english. It would be cool for those of us that are trapped in the Muppet-less states. :mad:

Fragglerockr

MuppetDanny

Reaction score

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
If anyone can ever figure out the translations, I'd love to try and dub over some of the voices. I could try to do all of them, and if any MC member has a better voice, they could re-do my bad ones. Now, how to figure out the best software / approach to dubbing the voices? I bet we could just watch it, record the audio onto computer, and then re-encode the video with the new audio track. It wouldn't sync perfectly, but I'm guessing it wouldn't anyway when comparing the french and english verbage. That approach would make it hard for others to add their own voices though.

Dprogo

Reaction score
Possibilities

Well, I think that it's possible, yah. I'm only about half way through transcribing (not translating, transcribing) the first episode. Come Christmas break, I should be able to spend more time on it.
I think voice auditions would be great. Just send a bit of the script out, and anyone who wants to participate, send in an audition.
As for software, it wouldn't be hard for me to do here on my end, with my trusty Mac. That is to say, I'd be willing to give it a go.
What might be more difficult would be the background noises and whatnot. I'm not sure it'd be worth trying to Dub Pascal's voice. Where he's singing a lot, it may be better to sub him.

If enough people are interested, we should set up a site where we can collaborate and make this happen.

beaker

Reaction score
So how do you guys feel about these, well "Muppet Episodes".

As exciting as it is seeing the Muppet puppets...is this considered the Muppet?
As in canon? I wonder if maybe they shoulda created their own original characters.

So Im conflicted...its great seeing a new Muppet show for the first time in almost 11 years...but um, Im just not sure if this could actually be considered the Muppets.

It's just doesnt seem like the Muppets without the principal characters.

Btw, this site is updated with all the available clips, episodes and info:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppets_TV

It would be cool to see fans "dub" these episodes...its never been done before. In anime circles, they "fansub"....but to dub with voices? Wowza. good luck!