Attend the Muppet Stamp Ceremony

unclematt

Reaction score
That would be way cool Kimp. Can you get those though?

BEAR

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
I found this info online about the Muppet stamps, I guess they are offering it in different ways to collect. No details were given as what is exactly what below. I guess I'll print this list out and ask at the Post office.

Philatelic Products
There are six philatelic products available for this stamp issue:

* First-Day Cover (Full Pane) $6.57 (Item 458862).
* Canceled Full Pane $6.57 (Item 458864).
* Digital Color Postmark Random Single Cover $1.50 (Item 458865).
* Digital Color Postmark (Set of 11 Covers) $16.50 (Item 458868).
* Mailing the Muppets (Stationery Set) $16.95 (Item 458876).
* Cancellation Keepsake (FP w/CP Random Single) $5.57 (Item 458899).

These products will be available while supplies last at postal stores, online at http://www.usps.com, and by telephone at 800-STAMP-24.
So they ARE selling stationary and other extra things along with the stamps?!?! Then how come when I asked the guy at the post office if they had anything else he said no? That makes me so upset.

unclematt

Reaction score
BEAR said:
So they ARE selling stationary and other extra things along with the stamps?!?! Then how come when I asked the guy at the post office if they had anything else he said no? That makes me so upset.
Bear, they told me no as well. I want to be able to get that stuff.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Bear, you experienced the same thing I did at my local post office. Which doesn't have these additional goodies either. However they suggested to me that any one interested in these additional goodies go to the main post office in their areas which usually have a Philatelic Department. Or call the post office to order (without seeing the stuff in advance) at 800-STAMP-24.

I'll probably check out my main post office this week.

Philately= The collection and study of postage stamps and other postal materials.

* First-Day Cover (Full Pane) $6.57 (Item 458862).
* Canceled Full Pane $6.57 (Item 458864).
* Digital Color Postmark Random Single Cover $1.50 (Item 458865).
I was told that 'Digital' mean that the postmark is now applied digitally, resulting in a clean first day issue stamp cancellation postmark. The above item is an envelope with the digitally cancelled Muppet stamp on it. Their choice of which stamp you end up with.​
* Digital Color Postmark (Set of 11 Covers) $16.50 (Item 458868).
* Mailing the Muppets (Stationery Set) $16.95 (Item 458876).
This item I was told on the phone includes the stamps, Muppet stationery and Muppet postcards in an attractive keepsake envelope.​

*Cancellation Keepsake (FP w/CP Random Single) $5.57 (Item 458899).
This means you get the sheet of 11 Muppet stamps with their choice of an envelope with a Muppet stamp that has the first day issue digital cancellation post mark.​

Hope that was helpful.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My post office stinks. Firstly, they didn't have the stamps yesterday...NONE of them in Memphis did. I go in today to get my sheets and ask for a first day of issue stamp, and they said, "We don't do that here. Memphis isn't set up for that!" I said, "HUH?!" So, I asked politely for them to stamp it with yesterday's date with the regular stamp since they didn't have them yesterday when I went in...for collector's purposes...and they said, "No, I aint' losin' my job for nobody's collection."

I ended up arguing with the entire post office until the supervisor came up and said, "Just change the date, people! It's not that hard!" She made the woman who was helping me to start with change the date, and I asked the lady, "Please stamp it in the bottom right corner so it doesn't ruin the aesthetics of the whole sheet." She looked at me like a fool and then just stamped it. I just shook my head and walked out saying, "You'd think you people would know how to treat a human being...of course, you're all just loco-postal!"

And, on top of that, I just heard that they are going up to .39 cents for stamps soon...RAISING THE PRICES OF STAMPS FOR WHAT?! THEIR SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!! Ugh. I'm so angry with the post office tonight.

But, uh, I love my stamps! :smile:

dlphntat

Reaction score
I bought 2 sheets from a woamn at my work whose husband happens to be a postmaster.
I see those items on the website, but nowhere can I see where to order them. Maybe I'll take my lunch hour and head to the main post office next week.