Attend the Muppet Stamp Ceremony

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
unclematt said:
How do you go about becoming a Professional Puppeteer?
Charge money for it.

We were talking about "professional cartoonists," and it seems we decided that if 1/2 to 2/3 of your income comes from your cartooning, then you're a professional.

I think I'm like 10 levels under amateur at this point... :cry:

AAO

Reaction score
Well...The Muppet's stamps are out today! And the best part about all of this...my mother is a post master! Oh yeah! So, if the postal service do special items like ties, bags, or anything else for "the Muppet's stamp", my mom will "mail" it to me! A guy she works with loves the Muppets and is anxious for the stamps as well! I can't wait to get them...Hopefully, they'll do a rendering of a special frame that you can buy with a cool Muppet background as they have for Walt Disney, Dr. Seuss, and The Looney Tunes stamps...I bought the Disney and Looney Tunes frame...Well..i'm off to school..

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I need to go up to the post office and buy these stamps today, and get a first day of issue stamp on there as well!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I plan to save my stamps. I know I'll get emotional when I finally see Jim on a stamp.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just heard from my good pal Ray in California.

He said that Kermit and Piggy were there, along with Brian Henson, and that they announced the passing of Jerry Juhl on Monday night. Brian said he was happy to know that Jim and Jerry were together again.

The audience was led in The Muppet Show Theme Song. He said that Kermit led the Pledge of Allegiance and that was funny, and then from behind a curtain came Miss Piggy. Kermit said, "You weren't supposed to be here!" She said, "There's an audience, Kermie; of COURSE I'm gonna be here!"

A performer was there and sang Rainbow Connection and Kermit joined him.

There were a couple of hundred people there, and afterwards the Post Office folks were stamping the sheet with a Day of Issue stamp, and signing autographs.

(I've verified with the JHC on La Brea a moment ago about Jerry Juhl. Sad.)

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Be on the alert this evening should 'Entertainment Tonight' show coverage of the stamp ceremony.

I'm saddened to hear about Jerry Juhl. The man always had a smile on his face and was a really happy good natured fellow.

unclematt

Reaction score
I havent gotten mine yet but I have a friend who is a Post Master and they are getting a bunch of them.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I took some pictures and some video of Kermit singing Rainbow Connection. I'll post it as soon as I can. Unfortunately, it was kinda dark and my flash wouldn't reach, so a lot of the pictures came out dark, but I have a few really good ones!

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. Also got my picture taken with Steve Whitmire. :smile: