Attend the Muppet Stamp Ceremony

unclematt

Reaction score
WasOnceErnie you are incredible. All the stuff you and Davey have done.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wished I could go. I don't have anyway of getting there or having anyone take me. Everyone who goes have a nice time. I'll be here all alone. By myslef. No one here. Oh well. Like I said before everyone have fun.

unclematt

Reaction score
Everything is in NY or LA How about holding some events in Chicago.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
It was called "The Wireless Anything Goes Notebook". Davey also made some guest appearances on a Philadelphia kid's show called "Captain Noah and his Friends". And he once appeared on "The Easter Seals Telethon".

:stick_out_tongue:
Wow, that's a blast from the past--I remember Captain Noah! I'm from Philly, so that and "Star Stuff" are two of my childhood memories that nobody else out here in Iowa remembers. My memories of the show are really fuzzy now (like most of Noah's friends, wokka wokka), but I probably saw Davey on the show. Cool!

:smile:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Everything is in NY or LA How about holding some events in Chicago.

I agree. I hate not even having the possibility to go to any special Muppet stuff. The midwest is always forgotten. :cry:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Wow, that's a blast from the past--I remember Captain Noah! My memories of the show are really fuzzy now (like most of Noah's friends, wokka wokka), but I probably saw Davey on the show. Cool!
That's great! I don't know if I've ever met anyone else that remembers Captain Noah! (Except my friend that worked with him at WPIX).

Mrs. Noah was the puppeteer on the show and she was terrible. She would just kinda shake the puppets like they had palsy when they were supposed to be talking. 'Course, the way the auditions were held, she might have made it through just because she was a professional puppeteer! :wink:

unclematt

Reaction score
How do you go about becoming a Professional Puppeteer?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Mrs. Noah was the puppeteer on the show and she was terrible. She would just kinda shake the puppets like they had palsy when they were supposed to be talking. 'Course, the way the auditions were held, she might have made it through just because she was a professional puppeteer! :wink:

OH MY GOSH!!! This made me laugh out loud!!! LOL x 80,000!!! Sucks for us, but glad we're able to laugh about it.

:smile:
Anthony

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
That's great! I don't know if I've ever met anyone else that remembers Captain Noah! (Except my friend that worked with him at WPIX).

Mrs. Noah was the puppeteer on the show and she was terrible. She would just kinda shake the puppets like they had palsy when they were supposed to be talking. 'Course, the way the auditions were held, she might have made it through just because she was a professional puppeteer!
That's funny--I don't really remember many of the details of the show, unfortunately. It's great to be reminded about it, though. I don't think I knew, back then, that there were such things as local shows.