Attend the Muppet Stamp Ceremony

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I won't be able to get these at a canadian post office, will I? :/ Sorry, kind of a stupid question. But they would be such nice keepsakes.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I won't be able to get these at a canadian post office, will I? :/ Sorry, kind of a stupid question. But they would be such nice keepsakes.
Maybe the Canadian post office has a Philatelic Department. If so, they might carry them in partnership with the US postal Service. Or call the US post office to order at 800-STAMP-24.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
you can order from Usps.com the ship worldwide

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Follow-up

Well I went to my main post office and they didn't have any of the extra goodies that are available in the Muppet stamp series either.

To make matters worse, when I asked for the 'Mailing the Muppets (Stationery Set)', the postal lady went to the back to ask another postal employee about it and I caught her making a face as if I (the guy at the counter) was nuts for requesting this item. I felt like criticizing her for doing that, but refrained.:frown:

(Fozzie Bear I understand your plight as to what you went through also with your local Post Office.)

Anyway, I ended up ordering the Mailing the Muppets (Stationery Set) and a first day color digitally cancelled Muppet stamp attached to an envelope over the phone by calling 1-800-STAMP-24. They were very nice on the phone and know their merchandise well!:smile:

Only drawback... when you order an envelope with the color digital cancelled Muppet stamp, you don't know which Muppet stamp you will receive on the envelope they send you. (I'm hoping for the Jim stamp personally.)

They said that if I wanted the Jim stamp to be cancelled, I would have to buy it locally and send it to them attached to an envelope and they would return it to me with a black and white first day issue cancelled mark on it.

If that interest you, call them up and find out more about it.

unclematt

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Well I went to my main post office and they didn't have any of the extra goodies that are available in the Muppet stamp series either.

To make matters worse, when I asked for the 'Mailing the Muppets (Stationery Set)', the postal lady went to the back to ask another postal employee about it and I caught her making a face as if I (the guy at the counter) was nuts for requesting this item. I felt like criticizing her for doing that, but refrained.:frown:

(Fozzie Bear I understand your plight as to what you went through also with your local Post Office.)

Anyway, I ended up ordering the Mailing the Muppets (Stationery Set) and a first day color digitally cancelled Muppet stamp attached to an envelope over the phone by calling 1-800-STAMP-24. They were very nice on the phone and know their merchandise well!:smile:

Only drawback... when you order an envelope with the color digital cancelled Muppet stamp, you don't know which Muppet stamp you will receive on the envelope they send you. (I'm hoping for the Jim stamp personally.)

They said that if I wanted the Jim stamp to be cancelled, I would have to buy it locally and send it to them attached to an envelope and they would return it to me with a black and white first day issue cancelled mark on it.

If that interest you, call them up and find out more about it.

Thank you for all the information.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Have you considered air freshener? Or opening a window? Sorry...Just had to use some humor there.
:attitude: Leave the jokes to the bear!
:boo: :sleep: NO! DON'T! HO ho ho heh he heh!!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
When I called back 1-800-STAMP-24, I wanted to double check to see if I really could or could not get the first day issue Jim Henson stamp digital color cancelation mark on an envelope. They confirmed that when people order these first day Muppet cancelled stamps, It's a random choice of which Muppet stamp you end up with since the selections are picked by machine not by people.

However one of their Customer Service people gave me an idea of how to receive the JIm Henson first day digitally colored cancelled postmark muppet stamp that I want on an envelope.

They suggested to me to order at least 11 and hopefully you'll receive the digitally colored cancelled mark on an envelope with the Jim Henson stamp on it. (Which is the one I want.) Then they told me all the others you can return to them with no problem.

However there is no guarantee that the Jim Henson stamp will be among the bunch I would order, but by ordering a bunch, at least you increase your odds of getting the one you really want and returning the rest.

unclematt

Reaction score
I hope you get the Jim Henson one. Hood Luck!