Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Could not agree more with this. I mean, having this forum to go on to has reassured me that I'm not alone in my love of Muppets, but just seeing his story fold out on screen... Gah. I can't even. I haven't connected with a character so strongly in ages.
Nor have I - and I was feeling that way before the telethon began. When I was growing up, there was one thing I wanted to learn to do, more than anything else: whistle. All of a sudden, when I was ten, after years of trying, I could, and since then, I whistle every day. I think of it as my greatest skill, and it was a complete, beautiful surprise when that was what Walter chose to give to all the people watching him. I will always maintain that a skill is what you make of it - no matter what it is, you've got to believe in it.

Thank you, Walter.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I had an uneasy feeling about the film when I first saw it last week (I dwelt on the issues and not really on the positives). But, the gushing my friends did over it kinda let it sink it that it was a very good movie. I'm seeing it again tonight (thanks, free pass in MCC DVD!), so hopefully I'll come out enjoying a lot more.

zoebell

Reaction score
i think the reason kermit and piggy now 100% acknowledge their being a couple is because of what happened in the movie- given how they blurred the line a little in regards to the canon stuff. i'm pretty sure all the talk about their relationship in the movie is referring to their canon one

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, that studio forced cameo of Selena Gomez was kinda backhanded... her line "My agent told me I have to be here" just sunk into me like that.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the mouse ears in the fireworks at the end?
How come Crazy Harry didn't set those off? He barely has a part in this movie and he could have set off those fireworks like he did in MUPPET- VISION 3D

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
JUST got back from seeing it, and I loved it. The Muppets as we "old timers" know them (I'm 37) are back. At least as "back" as we'll ever get.
I personally don't see anything wrong with the film - it is a virtual love letter to the Muppets and everything Jim created and stood for.
I thought I would HATE Walter - but I was wrong! I love the little guy!
I went in thinking I would hate Walter, too. But I loved him within the first minute.

I was born around the height of the Muppets popularity (early 80s), so seeing "old school" Kermit and the gang had me in near tears. How I have missed so many of them!

Puckrox

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, that studio forced cameo of Selena Gomez was kinda backhanded... her line "My agent told me I have to be here" just sunk into me like that.
Hers was the only cameo I did not like. I felt like everyone else legitimately wanted to be in the film, and, yeah, what you said about the agent. Then again, I'm not a fan of her, so that may be just me projecting my feelings...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hers was the only cameo I did not like. I felt like everyone else legitimately wanted to be in the film, and, yeah, what you said about the agent. Then again, I'm not a fan of her, so that may be just me projecting my feelings...
I cringed at the report that she'd be in it. Thankfully her appearance was brief, and again, written kinda snarkilly. The only fear I had about this film was studio meddling, thankfully that wasn't the case at all.

TikiColadas

Reaction score
The new Muppets film IS beautiful, whimsical, magical, heartfelt, romantic, hilarious, fantastic, superb, majestic, adventurous, quirky, glorious, heroic, grand, fun, entertaining and incredible!

I'm thankful for it and the magic of the Muppets!