Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Just got back from braving a wind & rain storm to see it a second time and now I'm sure I can honestly say that I loved it (I spent most of the movie the first time around in disbelief that I was actually seeing it).

Like most everybody here, there are a few things I wasn't really 100% happy with (most glaringly, the resolution taking place after it was over), but overall, I'd go to see it again in a heartbeat (just not during another wind & rain storm).

12Medbe

Reaction score
I went to F.Y.E today to get the soundtrack, and the employees were Muppet fans, Oh were they Muppet fans! While I was searching the music section, they were all up front doing Muppet Impressions, I remember hearing an Animal impression (I heard, In Controllllll....), an impression of Marvin Suggs, and one of Janice. Minutes later as I approach the register, the employees were having some sort of in depth conversation about MTM! How the wedding should be counted as canon. So I was rung up, instead of saying the price, the employee said "That'll be Fifteen Chickee in the baskee's" in a Swedish Chef voice. Before I made my way out of the store, one of the employees said goodbye, which somehow got all the employees busted out singing "Saying Goodbye". F.Y.E has been Muppet Dominated!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I went to F.Y.E today to get the soundtrack, and the employees were Muppet fans, Oh were they Muppet fans! While I was searching the music section, they were all up front doing Muppet Impressions, I remember hearing an Animal impression (I heard, In Controllllll....), an impression of Marvin Suggs, and one of Janice. Minutes later as I approach the register, the employees were having some sort of in depth conversation about MTM! How the wedding should be counted as canon. So I was rung up, instead of saying the price, the employee said "That'll be Fifteen Chickee in the baskee's" in a Swedish Chef voice. Before I made my way out of the store, one of the employees said goodbye, which somehow got all the employees busted out singing "Saying Goodbye". F.Y.E has been Muppet Dominated!
Wow, that's pretty incredible actually!

Puckrox

Reaction score
One of my teachers today made a Muppet joke! He was talking about a certain part of Everyman (don't remember what, was busy doing other homework... :big_grin: ) and suddenly he goes "Maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh". My head whipped up and someone in the front was all, "That's from Muppets!" The people sitting next to me got to stare while I silently flailed with joy.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty incredible actually!
It was! My mind was wondering if I was having an episode of some sort, or having a humanized Muppet dream. It looks as if The Muppets have influenced the public.......... good.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
One think I wanted to say about Walter is that while I like that he is a fan I like even more what KIND of fan he is.

First of, he ias a quality fan. When I mean is that, while yes he has the t-shirt and watch and a bookcase full of puppet memorabilia and probably knows masssive amounts of Muppet Trivia that would have us all in a wonderful conversation for hours...he fanship is not about how many shirts or stuff or bits of trivia he has. His fan ship is about how much he is inspired by the Muppets and how much he enjoys the characters and the stories and whatnot.

Also, he is not a scary fan. I have this joke that I'm a member of two kinds of fandoms, Lord of the Rings and the Muppets, who do you think scares me more?
Walter is not a forceful fan. He doesn't freakout on the couple that's looking for Universal Studios "How could you ever think of going to Universal Studios while you're here?!" He doesn't freak on Gonzo "How could you turn your back on the Muppets like that ?!" and while he is sad when Gary goes back to MArry he's not all "You are leaving me...you must hate the muppets...Muppet hater...you must paaayyy!!"

Now, I know that's a bit of a hyperbole, but that is how I feel around some fans. When I first heard that Walter was "the Muppets biggest fan" and the movie was him getting them back together, my first thought was "I cannot stand an entire movie with a "greatest fan" in it." Needless to say I am glad I was wrong. Thank you to Jason and Peter and whoever else was involved in making Walter such a terrific character.

Now that I think about it, that studio forced cameo of Selena Gomez was kinda backhanded... her line "My agent told me I have to be here" just sunk into me like that.
Yea I kinda felt that same way too.

beaker

Reaction score
Hers was the only cameo I did not like. I felt like everyone else legitimately wanted to be in the film, and, yeah, what you said about the agent. Then again, I'm not a fan of her, so that may be just me projecting my feelings...
In a way though, isn't it making fun of all the flippant teen kids who probably dont like or even know who they are? I mean thats the whole thrust of the film

Also its becoming so painful to read about all the scenes/ending/etc they originally shot today. Reading all the details, seeing some of the pictures...it feels like we got a heavily truncated version of what could have been

beaker

Reaction score
Sweet! You shoulda gave them the muppet central and muppet mindset url or gotten their facebooks:smile: (thats what I woulda done) its insanely rare for me to find devoted fans or even passing fans here, as much as people always complement me on my muppet outfits