Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In a way though, isn't it making fun of all the flippant teen kids who probably dont like or even know who they are? I mean thats the whole thrust of the film
Yeah someone on IMDB did think the Selena Gomez's scene was more mocking her (or at least the "character" she's playing).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
During my second trip, all my problems with the movie just were gone. I never once thought the film was moving too quickly or that "Me Party" felt awkward or the ending was abrupt. I just enjoyed it. Plus, my local theater had a lot of Muppet stuff; on the theater doors were two drawings of Kermit and Piggy in the theater uniforms.

Puckrox

Reaction score
During my second trip, all my problems with the movie just were gone. I never once thought the film was moving too quickly or that "Me Party" felt awkward or the ending was abrupt. I just enjoyed it. Plus, my local theater had a lot of Muppet stuff; on the theater doors were two drawings of Kermit and Piggy in the theater uniforms.
I find this becomes truer every time I see it. By my third time I walked out with literally no complaints (exceeeeept lack of Gonzo).

Hilleyb

Reaction score
That was the first. I mean, if they were big time celebrities, getting a Broadway career would have been cake. Especially if they made the movie now... all they'd have to do is take an old movie and make a musical out of it... boom bam, Broadway stars. The real confusion came into Muppet Babies...

it could easily be brushed off as a continuation of Piggy's fantasy from MTM... so that's easy to write off... UNTIL MFC when they have home movies of them as babies. Not to mention the instance that Skeeter does exist outside of the show, but she's been banished into some nonsense about being in a jungle adventure or something. Basically, Muppet Babies proves my point that there's no way a canon can be established. Though VMX takes the events of TMM, only because of the existence of Doc Hopper's... TM does things a little sneakier... taking the instances of the movies into canon, but also referring to them as movies, all the while saying it's a movie.

Plus, Walter has Muppet Babies toys in his collection.
To take it a step further, Walter has TMTM on DVD too. http://zapp5.staticworld.net/images/article/2011/11/eg_007_020_comp_v032.0026-5242603.jpg

zoebell

Reaction score
i didn't think me party was that bad either.

actually, i liked all the songs, my only thing with them was that of the original stuff, they were all sung by the humans. and walter. piggy sort of dueted with amy adams, but it seemed more like amy's song since she started

in the old muppet movies they always sing their stuff themselves. but i'm sure they will in the next one

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had heard the audio from the "Life's a Happy Song" finale before seeing the movie, and I thought Tex Richman's line "Will you stop singing? You've already sung this song!" was spoken by Mickey Roony's character from the beginning. Sounded a bit like Roony to me, and it would have made a little sense for somebody from the opening to criticize them for reprising the song than someone who wasn't there.

And although Tex didn't give the Muppets their name or theater back until during the credits, I would have thought that would have occurred before the song. So that line would have been out-of-character for a redeemed Tex Richman. I've seen speculation that the stuff that happens in the credits was meant to be shown before the credits and then moved to the credits, so this doesn't really add up.

beaker

Reaction score
Usually you notice things more on a second viewing. I was able to just enjoy the experience more the second time, as the first time it was hard to not anticipate spoiler stuff/clips I had scene. Unfortunately it's hard to completely turn off things that bugged me, like the complete dismissal of Gonzo, lack of scene stealing moments from characters wed expect to have show stopping moments(Sam the Eagle's usual "could this get any weirder"? type stuff), and especially the rushed feel of the ending and the overall rushed/truncated telethon? Why was so much left on the cutting room floor? Are we as a nation so ADHD that we can accept a two hour family film that doesnt have wizards and dragons?

dwmckim

Reaction score
How come Crazy Harry didn't set those off? He barely has a part in this movie and he could have set off those fireworks like he did in MUPPET- VISION 3D
...ah, but how do we know he WASN'T the one who set them off?...

Porcelina

Reaction score
Hi, all! New here-- so forgive me if there's a better area of the forum in which to ask this, but I've been desperately trying to locate a Miss Piggy quote from the film. I saw the movie last week, loved it, and am seeing it again this weekend, but am impatient to recall this quote in the meantime, as it was so funny. Something about Miss Piggy's dramatic/overreacting nature in love, or something...? Ugh, I forget. But it was hilarious. Anyone remember or know where more quotes are listed? Not much on IMDB etc. Thanks!