Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

salemfan

Reaction score
This season, episode 4101 had the, "Dr. Phil and Dr. Feel" clip from last season.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I saw today's episode. It was cool that Grover got a street scene. It was also good to see Fat Blue again. It sounds like Jerry's still performing him. They also did a new version of the song 'We Are All Earthlings.' I don't know who the lady was that was singing though.

'Letter of the Day' I haven't seen before, so I don't know if that was new or not.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thoughts... Episode 4102: Grover the Veterinary's Assistant.

Good story for the episode. Gina was swamped with all her patients, especially the hiccupping duck throughout the street segment.
Grover showed up for cute and furry duty, as a lifeguard first, twas a bit funny.
What I liked was seeing Mr. Johnson again, and yes it was voiced by Jerry.
The truly funny part was Grover getting the kitten confused with a tiger and acting all afraid, then a tiger comes in... Grover: I'm going to have to ask you to keep it to a low roar sir. "
And then the kitten meows and the tiger gets scared. Grover learns the importance of what an emergency is and leaves to cure other hiccupping ducks.

Other Highlights.
1 Film segment about dog named Puck.
2 Remake Song: "We Are All Earthlings".
3 Letter of the Day: V, Cookie Monster wielding in heavy bricks. Yes, this is an old one from the first batch of these segments.
4 Animated segment with Vinnie the Vampire, I liked it. Reminded me of the old limerick segments.
5 JTE: Old McDonald's, repeat.
6 Song: "The Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree".
7 Global Grover: Austrailian Animal Rescue.
8 Number of the Day: 16. But what was better was getting the animated song "The 16 Blues".
9 Elmo's World: Pets.
10 ATG: Planet of the Cakes. Was funny how Trash Gordon got rid of the cake by wishing it away and blowing out the candle.
Hope this helps, have a good day.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I saw today's episode. It was cool that Grover got a street scene. It was also good to see Fat Blue again. It sounds like Jerry's still performing him. They also did a new version of the song 'We Are All Earthlings.' I don't know who the lady was that was singing though.

'Letter of the Day' I haven't seen before, so I don't know if that was new or not.
To answer your Questions.

1.Yes, Jerry Nelson was preforming Fat Blue or as they called him in a birdland sctech from the 90's with the squrrel nut zippers, Ferd. But was he talkink for him live or was that a recording done later in post production?

2.While the song we all are earthings was a new version, it debuted in the season 33 premier back in 2002, and it was song by a singer named Jill scott.

3.The letter of the day was fron season 33 also.

That's my 2 cents and I hope I was of some help.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Did anybody notice the part of the main story line where a bird with a neckbrace or something like that on is reading a magazine about birds, LOL!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmm. It's hard to believe nobody commented on today's episode. I thought it was okay except I feel that maybe they should use less of Telly and Baby Bear and give some of the others more air time (Ex: Big Bird, Oscar, Snuffy, Bert and Ernie, etc). Also, it seems like most of the stuff on today's show were repeated from previous seasons.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't said anything about 4103 Daff.
Will be back later when I have some more time to post my thoughts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I saw today's episode. It was cool that Grover got a street scene. It was also good to see Fat Blue again. It sounds like Jerry's still performing him.
Agreed! It would be great if there were more Grover storylines, but I'm guessing the lack of many is due to them filming Muppet OZ, since it had Eric's principle characters in it. But that's just a guess. I have a feeling if more Muppet projects come in from Disney, we won't see as many Bert, Ernie, or Grover segments being made (unless they are taped).

Anyway, I've been out for a while now, and I want to comment on a WHOLE of the season. I like how we have some new skits here and there, but all and all, a lot of reused stuff. Not even many new animations for letters or numbers (Wonder is SS is hiring... I need work). I guess the budget isn't that high any more. Anyway, I thought the Elmo's World "Skin" sounded like they ran out of ideas. But I did laugh at, quite possibly, the worst pun I've ever heard in my life (coming out of experiance watching groaners from Peabody and Sherman cartoons). Skinny the Pooh! That was so bad, I couldn't stop laughing. I did NOT enjoy, however, the CGI version of the Book. Not only was it BUTT UGLY, but It wasn't the same as an actual puppet. I think they could have pulled off certain special effects if they used the puppet.

Other than that, even the weaker plots of season 36.5 are better than most of the last couple of years. The Rocco the Rock episode I thought I was going to cringe at absolutely had me in stitches. The Goldie Rocks story, seeing Bob and Alan as 1950's Greasers.... hillarity!

I am a little impatient waiting for the "24" and Desperate Houseplants segments, though.

alizakaila

Reaction score
grouch apprentice

Grouch apprentice was very very funny today! They really got the nuances of the show and it is hilarious!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great episode yesterday, even though the back up segments were weak. I especially loved the Wacky Waldo claymation letter segment. a burst of classic SS silly letter skits, and finally some new material. Plus the comeback of the Letter of the day game show. Really wish they'd make a new Zero number of the day intro.

Anyway, what can I say about an episode FINALLY centering around a parody? I absolutely abhore shows like the apprentice, so this one really made me smile. I especially loved how they portrayed a rich guy continuing to rub it in everyone's face that he's got more of something than anyone else, punctuated with a "Nyah nyah" response. I'm guessing it's the first rich guy in history to actually be up front with that sort of thing.