Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here to help...

Haven't heard about Journey to Bert. Not to say it'll never happen, just haven't heard about it and I doubt it'd be something done for this season since most of it's been already taped. Although that's why many of us have a problem with JTE, it should be Bert hunting down Ernie instead of Big Bird.

Lyrics to Oscar's version of Bein' Green.
Oscar: As someone else once said...

It's not that easy bein' green.
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it would be much nicer...
Being gray or brown, or puce...
Or something less colorful like that.

Grouch Chorus adding "Oohs" after each line now.
Oscar: It's not easy bein' green.
And other grouches tend to pass you over.
Cause you're not all dingy-looking.
Like mud in the puddles.
Or smog in the sky.

But green's the color of slime.
And green can be gross and moldy-like.
And green can be smelly like a stinkweed...
Or angry like an alligator...
Or sour like a pickle.

When green is alll there is to be...
It could tend to make you wonder.
But why wonder, why wonder.

I'm green, it's yucky, and it's what I want to be.

Oscar: OK, the song's over, now scram!
Grouch Chorus: Oh OK Oscar, sorry...
*Everybody leaves.
Oscar: Even you pickle... Heh, I gotta be me.

Hope this helps.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK, here to help...

Haven't heard about Journey to Bert. Not to say it'll never happen, just haven't heard about it and I doubt it'd be something done for this season since most of it's been already taped. Although that's why many of us have a problem with JTE, it should be Bert hunting down Ernie instead of Big Bird.

Lyrics to Oscar's version of Bein' Green.
Oscar: As someone else once said...

It's not that easy bein' green.
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it would be much nicer...
Being gray or brown, or puce...
Or something less colorful like that.

Grouch Chorus adding "Oohs" after each line now.
Oscar: It's not easy bein' green.
And other grouches tend to pass you over.
Cause you're not all dingy-looking.
Like mud in the puddles.
Or smog in the sky.

But green's the color of slime.
And green can be gross and moldy-like.
And green can be smelly like a stinkweed...
Or angry like an alligator...
Or sour like a pickle.

When green is alll there is to be...
It could tend to make you wonder.
But why wonder, why wonder.

I'm green, it's yucky, and it's what I want to be.

Oscar: OK, the song's over, now scram!
Grouch Chorus: Oh OK Oscar, sorry...
*Everybody leaves.
Oscar: Even you pickle... Heh, I gotta be me.

Hope this helps.
Sounds good. I look forward to hearing it.

In response to what you said about JTE, I agree that Big Bird and Ernie were never as much of a classic duo as Ernie and Bert. I was thinking about that and maybe they should give Bert his own segment, maybe after Journey to Ernie. Then after that they could have either a Bert and Ernie skit, a solo Ernie skit or a solo Bert skit. It's been a while since we've have one of those. It would be a good way to bring back "Doin' the Pigeon." Just brainstorming here.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks for the words the count. I,ve looked everywhere I can't find where I read about Bert looking for someone. I remember the artical saying something about how the first ten episodes are a mini season and how Journey Erine would be returing in september and how to whole season wasn't going to focus only on excirsize and healthy eating habits, but also on other things such as sicence and other things as well.

I hope I an not losing my mind here, LOL!
"Kermit.......!!!!! " Fozzy Bear":embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, looks like we'll have to wait to get the last remaining spoofs of Desperate Houseplants, 24, and Cookie Monster Food Investigator.
None of these were shown in 4106. So by elimination, they're either in 4098, 4099, 4100 which we'll have to wait till the repeat cycle gets to; or 4107 and 4108, which we'll have to wait till December to see.

As for 4106... This was the one with Bob's deaf niece.
Telly and Rosita want to play tag, pointless with two people, and see Bob's niece.
Bob comes along and introduces everyone, and the concepts of sign language and communicating with gestures. During this intro of Bob's, it made me think that they've forgotten about Linda since they were talking about sign language as if it were the first time discussed on SS. For some viewers, it very well may be just that, but I'd've liked there to have been some mention of Linda.
And we did get an appearance later. Telly and Rosita and Samera go over to Hooper's and help Baby Bear get Curly what she wants to eat.
The gang then scampers off in their game of tag.

Highlights.
1 There was a jazzy alphabet song with Kevin's voice saying the letters.
2 Samera signing the alphabet.
3 Samera signing numbers from 1 to 10 with the Count to interpret for her.
4 JTE: Music Hall.
5 Elmo's World: Family.
6 Letter of the Day: C, the newer one with Cookie and Prairie.
7 Animation about the letter C with camel with a caterpillar hat, the one seen in Season 35 4057.
8 Song of 2, redone.
9 Hotel Clerk Animation for number 2 with the Blobby Kids.
10 Wegman dogs segment for number 2.
11 Trash Gordon on Planet Double with his double.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree with you on the Linda comments. The characters acted like they've never seen a deaf person before. I can remember many scenes where Telly used to appear with Linda. Hard to believe he'd forget about that. He must have been hanging out with Forgetful Jones behind the scenes. Lol.

It was good that Linda made an appearance later on in the orchestra scene. I'm guessing that was from a few years ago though.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I agree with you on the Linda comments. The characters acted like they've never seen a deaf person before. I can remember many scenes where Telly used to appear with Linda. Hard to believe he'd forget about that. He must have been hanging out with Forgetful Jones behind the scenes. Lol.

It was good that Linda made an appearance later on in the orchestra scene. I'm guessing that was from a few years ago though.

Yeah, but they ALL know Linda. They were all around before she left so why would they forget about that? Poor Linda.

Also, anyone notice that when Oscar sang his version of "Bein Green" Donald Grump was in the grouch chorus (without his wig)?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Unfortunatley, I missed "Bein' Green" because I had to work at the time.

Anyway, about Linda. That's a good point. I've never really seen her interact with any of the new characters (Zoe, Baby Bear, etc) so that's why I mainly thought of Telly.

And of course, Bob did have a long time relationship with Linda, so it is surprising that he made no mention of her.

DTF

Reaction score
I think they intended for Linda to be on a date with Chuck Cunningham. :smile: (For those who don't know, there was a 3rd Cunningham kid on Happy Days the first 2 seasons, Richie's older brother. He disappeared after season 2, was never referred to again, and in the finale Mrs. C., at the close, thanks the audience for allowing them and their 2 children and the rest into their homes.)

Seriously, I kind of thought Desparate Houseplants would be on before, but "24" is a drama taking place showing all the things thaat happen over a 24 hour stretch per season. So, my hunch at the start of the season was that the final 2-parter *will* be the "24" parody. With Big Bird growing smaller and then bigger again being the drama.

Thign is, wasn't 12 already used as the number of the day? I thought it might be used both times. in the final 2 episodes. Showing from noon to midnight and back to noon. Then again, it doesn't have to be the number of the day for them to talk about time. And, maybe the number of the day one day will be 24 after all.

BEAR

Reaction score
DTF said:
I think they intended for Linda to be on a date with Chuck Cunningham. :smile: (For those who don't know, there was a 3rd Cunningham kid on Happy Days the first 2 seasons, Richie's older brother. He disappeared after season 2, was never referred to again, and in the finale Mrs. C., at the close, thanks the audience for allowing them and their 2 children and the rest into their homes.)

I don't understand what Linda's appearance on Happy Days in the 70s has to do with anything.

DTF

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I don't understand what Linda's appearance on Happy Days in the 70s has to do with anything.
Sorry, I should have remembered some people take things a little more literally on this board.

Linda was not on Happy Days. This was a joke in reference to her being totally forgotten on Sesame Street. It was actually not even the crux of the post, but I then explained who Chuck Cunningham was for those who didn't know.

The joke is like this. Linda is a character who was totally forgotten by everyone on the show or connected with it. It was wondered by several people why she was forgotten, and where she was. The joke involves explaining where she has been by stating that she was with another character on another show who was also totally forgotten by everyone. The joke would have worked as well if I had said she was hired as a nanny for Shermy from "Peaanuts." Shermy is another characer, this time in a comic strip, who just disapeaared after being a regular, with no explanation ever made.

Of course, maybe I should say the joke would have been the same - obviously it didn't work so well :smile: But, we all have moments when our jokes just fall flat. Maybe I should change my avatar to Fozzie Bear for this one :smile: