Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think the 'skin' part of 'Elmo's World' has been done before. I wish they'd do some new 'letter of the day' segments like the one they had recently with Oscar. Also, were there any good Ernie and Bert clips (old or new) shown besides the one with the dinosaur? My station is doing these stupid pledge drives now, so I'm missing part of the show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
the 1-2-3 counting song.

Part of the one, two, three counting song sounds like doing the batty bat,too me.

BEAR

Reaction score
There was also a song during the number of the day segment (I think it was 19) and The Count sings it. Countess was in the scene too. The tune that the Count sings sounds an awful lot like Big Bird's "All I Want for Christmas" song from Elmo Saves Christmas. Anyone else notice.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I just noticed that today, but I don't think that the tune is exclusive to "Sesame Street." Wasn't that the tune of "Be Our Guest" in "Beauty and the Beast?"

A few comments on today's episode. I didn't get a pledge break today, so tI got to see most of the show. It is funny how Elmo gets irritated with Rocco. He's usually the friendliest character, but when Zoe puts that rock in his face, he always insists that it's just a rock. It seems that other characters play along with Zoe and act like Rocco is real. It was cool to hear Bob and Alan's rock song. Makes you wonder how they changed their clothes so quickly. I'm glad Hoots was included too. It's good that Kevin's working with other characters besides Elmo. I also liked Prarie Dawn's imitation of Cookie Monster. It's surprising that for once she was the one who ate the letter of the day. Journey to Ernie was a repeat, but after that was Ernie's song about the plant who says "Thank You." That was a good one, although Bert wasn't in it. I don't think that it's been shown in a while. Also, it was good that Fred the Wonderhorse made an appearance in Global Grover. I'd like to see them squeeze Fat Blue in to one of those segments. (No pun intended) I didn't see Elmo's World or Trash Gordon, so I can't really make a comment on those.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... So now I get confirmation/agreement from someone else. If you go back through the posts and find my thoughts on Episode 4088, which featured the first instance of the new Number of the Day song for the number 12 (a song which I believe they'll be using for the higher numbers from 11-20) I mentioned that it sounded like "Be Our Guest" from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

Anyway, on to 4097: Rock Sitter for Rocco.

Pre-Show Intro: Alan talking about trying different foods, and Baby Bear has a bowl of whole-grain cereal.
Episode: Zoe has to go to swim class and needs a sitter for Rocco.
Elmo does get rather annoyed with Rocco, good to see someone have that effect on him.

Elmo not understand concept of pet rock vewy well, do he?

Zoe goes to Gina, who's too busy...
Gina: I just got rejected by a rock.

And then goes to Telly before leaving Rocco with him.
Elmo and Baby Bear come by, leading Telly to the story of Goldirock and Baby Bear.
They end up sharing the porridge instead.
Next Telly needs a rock song. And Bob and Alan come by with a spoof of Bill Hayley and the Comets classic "Rock Around the Clock" changed to "Rock Around the Rock".
Rully much rather prefer "Honk Around the Clock" as spoofs go.
Zoe comes back and gets Rocco a sitter for Wednesdays and Fridays.

Ohther Highlights.
1 Film segment about kids studying rocks.
2 Letter of The Day: H, New. Fran Brille, as Prairie Dawn, does a Cookie Monster impersonation before eating the letter H.
Guess she was rully hungry.
You know, that's a joke we have in Spanish. Whenever a person's reading something out loud and they skip a letter, usually an ending letter, we say that the person reading "ate" that letter.
3 Song: Soul H.
4 H: Hats.
5 H: Both capital and lower case formed by leaves.
5 Song: Gloria Estefan's version of "Hola". Though I prefer the version with Luis and María, this one works well also.
6 JTE: Growing Beanstalk. The good thing is that we got the classic song of Ernie's Little Plant afterwards.
7 Global Grover: Sasketchewan Round-Up with Fred the Wonder Horse.
8 Number of the Day: 18, the newer song again.
9 New animation of kid counting out 18 chairs and 18 bears.
10 Cookie Monster's lecture on what's alive with a rock nearby. He shows his baby picture, eats some cookies and takes a deep breath to show he's alive. The funny stuff is what he talks to the rock about.
CM: Rock, you got baby picture? Me take anything, driver's license, passport...
After the breathing test ends...
CM: It not looking good for rock.
And after the cookies, cause he's still hungry, CM eats the rock itself.
11 Song about what's alive sung to the tune of "Does He Love Me?" by Betty Everett, not the one with Chris and the Alphabeats though I'd like to see that one again one of these days on current SS.
12 Elmo's World: Babies. The good part of this one was seeing Natasha with Mr. Noodle, showing Kevin does perform other characters than just Elmo.
And some SS baby pictures were shown at the end of Gordon, María, BB, and Elmo himself.
13 TG: Reprise of The Stinky Cheese Guys.
Hope this helps. Guess I won't be back here until the 19th when Season 36 starts up again.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh... So now I get confirmation/agreement from someone else. If you go back through the posts and find my thoughts on Episode 4088, which featured the first instance of the new Number of the Day song for the number 12 (a song which I believe they'll be using for the higher numbers from 11-20) I mentioned that it sounded like "Be Our Guest" from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
Sorry, I guess I missed that post. Yeah, I was thinking about "Honk around the clock" too, but I guess they had to get 'rock' in there.

That's also interesting about the "ate" the letter joke, I majored in Spanish but I never knew about that. I wonder if the writers had that in mind when they decided they would have Cookie Monster "eat" the letter of the day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, don't worry bout it, s'okay Daff.

Not sure if the writers had that joke in mind, would say they were just having CM be himself since he's eaten so much stuff in the past... What's a few letters between friends.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
Eh, don't worry bout it, s'okay Daff.

Not sure if the writers had that joke in mind, would say they were just having CM be himself since he's eaten so much stuff in the past... What's a few letters between friends.
In the case of today's show though, they were having Prarie be Cookie Monster. Lol.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
Why hasn't anybody posted in here since Sept. 9th? Count, have you come back yet?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, sorry bout that BeckyDr, here's the reason why.

Hmmm, why no more posting Season 36 thoughts since 9/9/2005. It's cause PBS decided to mess with the schedule again.
What happened is they decided to air the Season 32 Hurricane on SS 5-part episode season finale from 9/12/2005 to 9/16/2005.
But that's not the worst part. Got a new episode on 9/20/2005 and I'm expecting another one at 8:00 AM EDT today, so I'll log off in a little while to check and watch it through if it is.
Now, I thought the one on 9/20/2005 was 4098, but according to MuppetDude it was actually 4101. So the way PBS lined up the schedule was as follows:
4093 to 4097 on the week of 9/5/2005. Then we would've gotten 4098 on 9/12, 4099 on 9/14, and 4100 on 9/16, but the airing of the Season 32 Hurricane episodes wiped that out so that now we're connecting with 4101 on 9/20 and supposedly or hopefully 4102 today.

Sometimes I just don't know about these networks and their airing schedules. Will post if 4102's today.

Oh... 4101 wasn't rully all that rememberable. The plot was Elmo and Zoe found a ball and argued over whose it was... Started playing with it till Baby Bear came and showed them he marked with a B, and then all played porridge ball. Seems to me it's a rehash of an earlier episode. Then, a new Cinderella's Godmother AM came in and turned the ball back into a new Cinderella puppet and created a ball around them.
Reaired Traction Jackson remake of "Me and My Chair".
Letter of the Day was the X-ray machine to X-amine the X cookie CM ate.
Number of the Day song by the Count and Countess reached 17.
Elmo's World was Balls.
JTE was a repeat of the one where One of These Things Isn't the Same.

There was however a remake of the song "Pat Your Head" done with Steve's Ernie and Eric's Bert.
And ATG was a new one where he tricked the Big Bowl of Spaghetti to chase after a pair of large meatballs.
As he said linguiniishly...
Will report back if there's a new episode. Hope this helps.