Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
Huh? You talking about the part where Ernie says...
Ernie: You wouldn't mind if I made a little noise, would you Bert?
Bert: A little noise? Like what?
*Ernie then rattles off the drumset he's got conveniently next to his bed.

If so, that was there in what I saw/heard this morning.
Hmmmm. I must have missed it then. I'll have to look for that next time the episode airs.

So now they have Oscar doing the letter of the day? I hope he doesn't put Cookie Monster out of a job. Also, it's good to see Bert in something new. I hope I can catch the repeat of today's episode tomorrow afternoon.

ssetta

Reaction score
But the best part of 4094 was the classic animation with the girl and the sand castle!! I wasn't shocked when I saw it, because I thought maybe I was watching one of my old tapes. But then a friend saw it too, and reminded me that it WAS on current SS!!

BEAR

Reaction score
Did Bert seriously just do a rap on todays episode? That was weird. He also used phrases like "getting jiggy with it". Oh, Bert.. :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Have to say... Rully liked the overall feel of Episode 4095

4095: Who Wants to Be the Big Bad Wolf?
OK, so the episode starts out with Elmo, Zoe and Telly together. Then the Little Pigs and Red Riding Hood show up upset with the Wolf, cause he's too tired to keep up with his two jobs.
The tryouts start after all three monsters want to be the Wolf while he's on vacation.

Test 1: Blowing down the House of Straw.
Elmo and Zoe use fans, while Telly uses a vacuum, and Gordon huffs and puffs and blows the house down.
Test 2: Chasing piggies.
Maurice, a replacement pig I think voiced by Jerry, comes in and all chase him with a snappy song.
Gordon catches the piggy at the end.
Maurice then has a star-like fit about being unappreciated as a replacement pig.
Test 3: Pretending to be Granny.
The monsters are dressed up, even Telly as a cheese.
They ask Gordon what he thinks, prompting him to take out his glasses.
Telly: What do you need your glasses for Gordon?
Gordon: The better to see you with.
The Wolf leaves for his decision, everybody squabbles until their friendship wins out, and the Wolf appoints Gordon as his replacement who then starts chasing the real piggies.

Other Highlights: It's the sum of these that made me pleased with the feel of today's episode.
1 Classic Song: Dressed Up. Yeah, was surprised to see this too.
2 Elmo's song about riding his tricycle.
3 Animation: Lily and her family climbing a mountain, from the early 90's took me back.
4 Letter of the Day: Z, New. Prairie baked a batch of cookies for CM so he wouldn't eat the letter. He devoured the cookies just before Prairie's speech about Z, and then eats it.
5 Prairie ended the bit by saying "Zoinks." A Scooby-Doo reference? Well, why not what with the Looney Tunes references in Elmo's World: Ears.
6 Number of the Day Song: 14. And then they showed this bit with Action Jackson or however the kid's called making 14 baskets.
7 Animation Song: 14 Ducklings baked in a pot and served before the king, you guys know the one I'm talking about.
8 Elmo's World: Cats, New.
9 Seeing Oscar in the drawer segment pouring catchup on his ice cream, and then feeding it to his grouch cat.
10 The fable of the Lion and the Mouse during Elmo's World. However, they got that fable mixed up with the one about Androcles and the Lion.
11 Journey To Ernie: Dinosaur Hunt, New.
12 Bert and Ernie, New. Ernie's imagining about his own dinosaur and gets Bert to imagine his own. Bert has a tough time with Ernie's coaching and finally gives up. The dinosaur shows up after Bert just sort of talks about him.
13 Animation: Dinosaur trying to get to leafy tree with kids shouting directions for him to "Go Around!"
14 Trash Gordon: Humongous Space Bunnies, New. Although the intro was the same one of Slimey and his friends having a sleepover and the same numbered chapter as the one used in 4093.
Liked the feel of today's and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Fiesta on SS.
Hope this helps.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Sounds like one of the best this season. Which version of "Dressed Up" did they use; the original with Joe Raposo, or the revised one with Ron Marshall doing vocals?

Oscar has a grouch cat? Poor (or lucky) Preposterous. :stick_out_tongue:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Unfortunatley, my local station had a pledge drive today so they cut out the scene with Bert and Ernie and probably the one with Oscar. They were at the Number of the Day when they got back to the show and I stopped watching at that point.

I was a bit surprised to see Gordon in glasses. I know he needed them to pretend to be Granny, but he was wearing them at the beginning of the show too. Makes me wonder if his eyesight's going or something.

I didn't care much for the wolf's new voice. I'm assuming it was Joey Mazzarino. That was the same wolf who was previously performed by Jerry Nelson, so why didn't he perform the wolf? He just retired from Muppet Show characters, but he's still working on "Sesame Street." I mean, I don't think anything bad about Joey or anything like that. I just think Jerry made a better wolf.

Just my thoughts on this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
For starters, well... I think Joey performed the Wolf a couple of times before this episode. I know he did on the one where he was frustraited at losing constantly. I'm guessing Joey's doing a sort of "Pete Puma" type voice. I also prefer Jerry's interpretation of the wolf. I find his a little less idiotic.

Anyway, after seeing the three new episodes this week, I'm impressed with (if nothing else) the main story lines. They were both cute and funny, and they didn't just meander around like the begining of the season from April (plus, bookending the "health" plots were kinda weak... like the "New Three Bears" story line).

Anyway...

Monday: Cute episode... I liked how all the fairy tale characters had very odd personality traits. Hansle and Grettle's obsession with Bread crumbs, Jack being the same Jack from a bunch of other stories (Someone must watch the Simpsons) and Peter Piper's alliterative talking. I also liked the little Hans and Franz refference they shoved in.

Tuesday: Man.... the more I look, I'm like Telly. He has trouble learning things and gets frustraited and defeatist..... Ralph Krammed-on.... BRILLIANT!

Wednsday: Another good one. Elmo was in the plotline, but not the main focus. And the "Fourth little pig" just priceless.

I didn't like all the reused footage that was reused in the beginning of the season. Elmo's trike ride.... not twice. And, I don't respect the early computer animated letter footages from the 90's.... however, the older clips were great. Coulda done without Garth Brook's appearance.

And Barkley is back. I mean, that's just great. Plus the Space Bunnies were all Benny Rabbit... oooh... that was great!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Another good one, at least I think it was.

4096: Mexico on Sesame Street.

Happy Healthy Pre-Show: Rosita and her family talking about the good Mexican foods, and then they say they're going for Chinese food.
Episode: Rosita gets a package from her Abuela, with Luis nearby to translate from Spanish to English. Rosita gets a handmade bracelet, a letter, and a photo of her grandmother at the Mexican marketplace. She grows homesick and leaves. Big Bird comes in and gets an idea.
*Ding! Big Bird: Was thaty your ding Luis? Luis: No, that wasn't my ding. BB: Oh, then it must be my ding, I have an idea.
They want to bring Mexico to SS, and then...

Grover shows up with a couple of singers singing about his travels to Mexico as the globetrotting monster he's become with the Global Grover segments.
Miles and BB then bring Rosita some Mexican foods and decorations, Luis shows up with guitar in hand singing "Cielito Lindo", and Rosita's Abuela shows up as well.
Listen closely, and tell me if I'm right in thinking that Emilio Delgado (Luis himself) voiced Rosita's Abuela.
Then the party starts...

And we get two Mexico film segments.
1 Kid visiting his abuela in grandmother.
2 Other kid making conchas in her uncle's Mexican bakery.

3 Letter of the Day: B, Cookie Monster and his Mom.
4 Jane Tuesday animation about eating B blue blueberries.
5 JTE: Letter B Museum, New. Was surprised to see Bob involved in this JTE.
6 Animation about girl traveling to visit her friend in Mexico.
7 Global Grover: Mexico Clay Figures.
8 Number of the Day: 3. There was this song about 1-2-3 Counting to 3, never seen/heard it before I think.
9 Adventures of Trash Gordon: Terrible Triangles but with the letter and number of this episode.
10 Elmo's World: Skin, maybe new not sure. OK, saved the best for last.
Elmo's World... The best? Well yes, when you consider the reference at the end.
Because this was about Skin, we got a brief reprise of the song "Skin" at the beginning when Elmo goes to his room's door.
The guest, another picture book, showed him that different animals have skin before they kept leaving the pages of the book.
Of note is the chameleon the book showed Elmo, who lept out of the pages too. Elmo and the book sing the Requisit good-bye song we loathe, and then muse on the end theme.
But then... The chameleon, whose color-changing attribute Elmo learned about, comes back in.
And here's the punchline... Chameleon: Do you know Rainbow Connection?
Yeah, priceless.
Hope this helps.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Chameleon: Do you know Rainbow Connection?

Best. Sesame. Muppet. Reference. EVER. :excited:

I think... :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
the wolf

I am assuming that the wolf from the replacement wolf episode is the purple one. If that is so, then besides Jerry Nelson and Joey Mazzarino, he was also performed by Martin Robinson in The best of kermit on Sesame Street.