Your Schooltime Experiences

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Kids (even as early as preschool) can be cruel, psychotic little monsters.
Barf happens. Wait til some of you go to college, attend a few frat parties, someone drinks a little too much, the barf starts flying like it's nobody's business, and not everybody makes it to the bathroom before they start heaving their guts.
But back in school, from the dawn of time until today, barf happens. Thank God for janitors and sawdust. 8)
Thanks a heap (note the sarcasm). If there's one thing I hate, it's throwing up, especially the after taste. Yeeccchhh! Thank goodness I was never into frat parties when I started college! Maybe it's a good thing I don't like the taste of booze.

Any Del

Reaction score
Back during preschool thru 2nd grade I use to cry a lot whenever my parents left me but got over it by the time I came into 3rd grade.

3rd grade was alright even though I got bullied, I did however managed to stand up to the bully and got him expelled with my dad and teacher's help of course.

4th grade was fine. However, around lunchtime the WHOLE ENTIRE SCHOOL came CHASING after me and called me names during recess.

5th grade was just HEADACHING due to the amount of homework that was given to me and disliking being class president (trust me, I despised being class president).

6th - 8th grade was decent. But that was around the time I started noticing my parent's true colors and dealt with some bullies here and there but choose to ignore them. Plus around 7th grade I started to develop a crush on a girl but she was a gold digger. 8th grade I developed another crush on a girl who was in the same gym and music class as me. Wasn't the most social person but I ended up making a friend but he ultimately moved to another school by the time I finished 7th grade.

9th grade - DESPISED IT! Got a blad haircut and on the first day of school and some assholes wanted to make fun of my haircut making jokes such as "Where's yo HAIRLINE N*GGA!!?? LOL!!!"

10th grade - FUN year! Enjoyed every bit of it! Went on a lot of trips! (Despite letting go of my crush back in middle school because she started acting weird towards me).

11th grade - Stressful because I had to take 3 regents for failing Living Environment regent back in 9th grade but I passed them.

12th grade - Eager to get out of my school and had some issues with some staff and students.

College: Fall 2017 the semester was easy and had to take remedial Math but passed it. Had the BEST professors EVER and made it to the Dean's list. Spring 2018 was a headache and my Graphic Design Principles 1 professor was GOD AWFUL ****! Making us pay over $300 worth of items that was taking up space and had a strict craftsmanship. Plus, she was infamous for having an attitude. I ALMOST got expelled from her due to copying from another student's museum research paper but thankfully she told me to redo them and gave me a warning (scariest moment of my life). Fall 2018 was also awful but not as awful like Spring 2018. Spring 2019 was STRESSFUL yet fun at the same tine. Took a summer class and I ENJOYED every minute of it! Fall 2019 was alright but had some issues going on at home. Spring 2020 was okay until the pandemic started which took a toll on my mental health. Fall 2020 was painful but still took a toll my my health due to COVID. College did help make me more mature and the person I am today.

So there you have my schooltime experiences.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back during preschool thru 2nd grade I use to cry a lot whenever my parents left me but got over it by the time I came into 3rd grade.

3rd grade was alright even though I got bullied, I did however managed to stand up to the bully and got him expelled with my dad and teacher's help of course.

4th grade was fine. However, around lunchtime the WHOLE ENTIRE SCHOOL came CHASING after me and called me names during recess.

5th grade was just HEADACHING due to the amount of homework that was given to me and disliking being class president (trust me, I despised being class president).

6th - 8th grade was decent. But that was around the time I started noticing my parent's true colors and dealt with some bullies here and there but choose to ignore them. Plus around 7th grade I started to develop a crush on a girl but she was a gold digger. 8th grade I developed another crush on a girl who was in the same gym and music class as me. Wasn't the most social person but I ended up making a friend but he ultimately moved to another school by the time I finished 7th grade.

9th grade - DESPISED IT! Got a blad haircut and on the first day of school and some assholes wanted to make fun of my haircut making jokes such as "Where's yo HAIRLINE N*GGA!!?? LOL!!!"

10th grade - FUN year! Enjoyed every bit of it! Went on a lot of trips! (Despite letting go of my crush back in middle school because she started acting weird towards me).

11th grade - Stressful because I had to take 3 regents for failing Living Environment regent back in 9th grade but I passed them.

12th grade - Eager to get out of my school and had some issues with some staff and students.

College: Fall 2017 the semester was easy and had to take remedial Math but passed it. Had the BEST professors EVER and made it to the Dean's list. Spring 2018 was a headache and my Graphic Design Principles 1 professor was GOD AWFUL ****! Making us pay over $300 worth of items that was taking up space and had a strict craftsmanship. Plus, she was infamous for having an attitude. I ALMOST got expelled from her due to copying from another student's museum research paper but thankfully she told me to redo them and gave me a warning (scariest moment of my life). Fall 2018 was also awful but not as awful like Spring 2018. Spring 2019 was STRESSFUL yet fun at the same tine. Took a summer class and I ENJOYED every minute of it! Fall 2019 was alright but had some issues going on at home. Spring 2020 was okay until the pandemic started which took a toll on my mental health. Fall 2020 was painful but still took a toll my my health due to COVID. College did help make me more mature and the person I am today.

So there you have my schooltime experiences.
Two things I’m most proud of you for.
1) Standing up to a bully- excellent, and you have every right to do so.
2) Being class President. I was class Dog Catcher. You got me beat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Standing up to bullies was something I was always on the fence about. On the one hand, my fr-er-acquaintances kept urging me to do so, and not allow myself to be such a pushover . . . on the other hand, my parents wouldn't let me stand up to bullies, because they said that would just be asking for more trouble and make me an even bigger target. So, I never really knew what to do.

I do remember I started up an "Insult Journal" at the beginning of Grade 7, much like Raymond had a bruise journal that one time on EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, where I would actually document who insulted me, what they said, and when they said it . . . I planned on going over the whole thing by the end of the year just to see the sheer amount of crap I had to put up with, but I think like a quarter of the way into the school year or so, somebody snatched it away from me in class, and started passing it around, which, obviously, didn't do me any favors . . . in fact, the teacher asked to see me after class, and thought my keeping an insult journal would only make me feel ever worse about myself, and urged me to just forget about it; I explained to her that was not the case at all, but did as she suggested, and just dropped the whole thing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The honest truth, if I had continued going to my local public schools and suffered all the bullying I went through, I could easily see myself in jail right now.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I started a whole thread on bullying, because I was no stranger to it.
It makes life unbearable. But I learned if you don’t stand up for yourself, no one else will.

I had conflicting views on bullies too. My mom said ignore them, Dad said beat their face in.
Both easier said than done. Neither worked.

In Freshman year when I faced my last bully, I cleaned his clock for him. It got us both three days suspension, but no one ever bothered me after that. That was a victory.

Any Del

Reaction score
@D'Snowth sometimes you gotta stand your ground. Like how you stood your ground up against a troll account.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
At my school, we used to do book reports where we would take a test after a reading a certain book and whoever answers the most questions correctly would win prizes and stuff. It was just a creative method the teachers used to encourage us to read more frequently.

Well one day, I tried to do a report on Alice in Wonderland. Thing is, I hadn't read the book. I thought I could base my answers solely around having seen the Disney animated movie based on the book. Well, needless to say, I failed miserably. At that young age, I had no idea how much Disney changes the original source material they adapt into films. Some of the changes weren't even minor things either, major elements of the book were changed around by Disney. Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee didn't show up until the sequel, the talking doorknob character was an original Disney creation, and there were two characters:The Mock Turtle and The Griffin, who didn't even show up in the Disney version at all! So in other words, I sure learned that lesson the hard way lol.