Your Schooltime Experiences

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My 6th Grade teacher was obsessed with A Christmas Carol. I mean super duper obsessed with A Christmas Carol. Think I'm exaggerating? Here's what she made us do over the course of one December:We performed a play of A Christmas Carol, went to a play of A Christmas Carol, watched two older versions of the movie, watched the Jim Carrey version of the movie as well as the Muppet one, the Disney one, and a black & white one. Oh yeah......we also read the book too. No wonder I can remember that story from heart now, I think that's exactly what my teacher wanted. She loved the story so much that she drilled into our heads as best as she could to make sure that we could almost recite it word for word.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My 6th Grade teacher was obsessed with A Christmas Carol. I mean super duper obsessed with A Christmas Carol. Think I'm exaggerating? Here's what she made us do over the course of one December:We performed a play of A Christmas Carol, went to a play of A Christmas Carol, watched two older versions of the movie, watched the Jim Carrey version of the movie as well as the Muppet one, the Disney one, and a black & white one. Oh yeah......we also read the book too. No wonder I can remember that story from heart now, I think that's exactly what my teacher wanted. She loved the story so much that she drilled into our heads as best as she could to make sure that we could almost recite it word for word.
It's funny because all of my teachers were obsessed with something. I would sometimes jokingly ask myself if that was just a teacher thing in general. My teachers had the following obsessions:

Kindergarten - Mickey Mouse (Just the one character too. She liked him almost to the extent I do with Giggles, without the crush part..........that I'm aware of at least)
1st Grade - Dogs, the Junie B. Jones books
2nd Grade - The Pixar movie Cars (Yeah, my teacher was basically a big kid that year)
3rd Grade - Gingerbread men (Around Christmas time, her room was decorated with those things. She also enjoyed baking them for us which although it was a nice gesture, caused a lot of us to grow tired of them around December)
4th Grade - Hawaiian culture
5th Grade - Elvis Presley
6th Grade - Garfield (in addition to A Christmas Carol)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The Jim Carrey version is the Disney one.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I have always hated school. I had so many issues with it. No matter what, I always got picked on for some stupid reason or another. This is probably one reason why I have such low self-esteem. I got picked on because I liked Care Bears. I got picked on because I liked Darkwing Duck. I got picked on because I liked the Monkees. I got picked on because I was the new kid. I got picked on because I didn't dress like everybody else (give me a T-shirt and jeans any day. I like to be comfortable, not fashionable). The worst one was when I was in the eighth grade, and I was the new girl. Someone asked me if I ever had any boyfriends. I said no. Then they asked me if I ever had any girlfriends. I said a few, because I didn't know he meant girlfriend in the romantic sense. I wasn't aware that two women (or two men for that matter) would be romantically involved (one guidance counselor referred to me and my sister as "socially immature"). That got me labeled as a lesbian (don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, you can't help who you're going to fall in love with, but all my major crushes in life had been male), and it carried over into high school.

Then there was the time I threw up in my English class in front of everybody. Oh geez, and they kept talking and talking and talking about it, and they wouldn't shut up about it.

I spent twelve years thinking "what am I doing wrong? Why are these kids doing this to me?" You get the idea.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember throwing up in the middle of history class when I was in 7th grade. Definitely an embarrassing moment, though the day before I was NOT feeling good at all.

Sorry to hear about that experience; I know the feeling of being the individual no one seems to like. Thank God the learning-disabled school saved my life.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I have always hated school. I had so many issues with it. No matter what, I always got picked on for some stupid reason or another. This is probably one reason why I have such low self-esteem. I got picked on because I liked Care Bears. I got picked on because I liked Darkwing Duck. I got picked on because I liked the Monkees. I got picked on because I was the new kid. I got picked on because I didn't dress like everybody else (give me a T-shirt and jeans any day. I like to be comfortable, not fashionable). The worst one was when I was in the eighth grade, and I was the new girl. Someone asked me if I ever had any boyfriends. I said no. Then they asked me if I ever had any girlfriends. I said a few, because I didn't know he meant girlfriend in the romantic sense. I wasn't aware that two women (or two men for that matter) would be romantically involved (one guidance counselor referred to me and my sister as "socially immature"). That got me labeled as a lesbian (don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, you can't help who you're going to fall in love with, but all my major crushes in life had been male), and it carried over into high school.

Then there was the time I threw up in my English class in front of everybody. Oh geez, and they kept talking and talking and talking about it, and they wouldn't shut up about it.

I spent twelve years thinking "what am I doing wrong? Why are these kids doing this to me?" You get the idea.
I like Darkwing Duck too even though I did not grow up with that show.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I like Darkwing Duck too even though I did not grow up with that show.
I didn't grow up with a lot of cartoons and TV shows I love today, actually. Though DWD premiered when I was in either fourth or fifth grade (I think fourth, but I didn't really get into it until I was in fifth). The Care Bears thing I can understand, since I was in the fifth grade (10 years old) when people were picking on me about it (probably because they may have felt that 10 was too old for Care Bears, and everyone seemed to be watching "Beverly Hills 90210," which I had no interest in, and I still don't).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember throwing up in the middle of history class when I was in 7th grade. Definitely an embarrassing moment, though the day before I was NOT feeling good at all.

Sorry to hear about that experience; I know the feeling of being the individual no one seems to like. Thank God the learning-disabled school saved my life.
Kids (even as early as preschool) can be cruel, psychotic little monsters.
Barf happens. Wait til some of you go to college, attend a few frat parties, someone drinks a little too much, the barf starts flying like it's nobody's business, and not everybody makes it to the bathroom before they start heaving their guts.
But back in school, from the dawn of time until today, barf happens. Thank God for janitors and sawdust. 8)