Who thinks Frank Oz should come back?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
I honestly do not understand why he doesn't want to come back. It would seem to me that putting Fozzie Bear on your arm and making millions of people laugh their heads off would be the ideal job. I know when I decide on a career, I want to make people happy.
millions of people happy...
I know, that was kermit, not one of franks characters, but its the first thing I thought of and I felt like sharing.
And speaking of happyness... well, if Frank is enjoying what he's doing now, then he should enjoy it. It's his life, not ours. Not that I'm saying I wouldn't be thrilled if he came back, but it would sort of create a little conflict now wouldn't it with his characters reassigned now?

That Announcer

Reaction score
I don't say it wouldn't. I think Frank coming back to direct a Muppet movie could be the only way to get him re-involved, but if he did come back, we might have another disaster of "TMTM" proportions- I HATED that film.

I don't think Bowfinger was amazing or anything, I think it was fairly good. It, however, is a movie that comes to mind when I think "Frank Oz, Director." The 'millions of people happy' bit was not intended as a poke at Kermit. And I too am a young Muppet obsessee.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
dont know if it you fall here but if frank were to come bckb id like to see you redo yoda's voice in the original star wars films because of age yoda sounds older in the new films and to new fans it may be strange as for muppets i think fozzie and piggy are in good hands and i bet if frank was to pick his replacement eric would be ghis first choice

MWoO

Reaction score
While it would be nice if Frank decided to come back full time, it just won't happen. Of course everyone would rather the original performer of a role do the role. I'd rather Mel Blanc were still alive. I'd rather Jim Henson were alive. I'd rather Jerry Nelson stay with the Muppets instead of just Sesame Street. I'd rather a lot of things be different but they can't be different.

Eric is probably the best replpacement. I do admit his Fozzie can be lacking sometimes, but the most important thing to me is that the character be spot on even if the voice is not. His Piggy was fantastic in MWoO and will only get better the more he gets use to doing the voice and the more we get use to hearing it. His Sam is great and I am glad he has taken over the role.

Just be glad the characters aren't passed around to whoever is available. We could have ended up with a bunch of people doing various characters with no one as a stable performer.

Reaction score
However still knowing that he will not come back, I would wholeheartedly prefer his voice over Eric Jacobson.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That Announcer, what about Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? :big_grin: I LOVE that movie!

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
That Announcer, what about Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? :big_grin: I LOVE that movie!
DRS is a pretty darn good movie. Stepford Wives remains my favorite Frank movie, though.

BEAR

Reaction score
T-Bird Chick said:
i am right behind you. im also 12 as a coinicidence!

Jim Henson DID NOT create the Muppet characters to be only geared towards children. They were for the family. Just as Walt Disney created Disneyland as a place where the whole family could have fun together.