Who thinks Frank Oz should come back?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
HPDJ said:
At least i'm proud to admit my age.

The Muppets were created for kids, get a life.
if the muppets were created for kids than Henson wouldn't of created a Muppet show witch was aimed at everyone. even before there was a Sesame Street he and The Muppets made appearances on variety shows such as The Ed Sullivan Show.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
if the muppets were created for kids than Henson wouldn't of created a Muppet show witch was aimed at everyone. even before there was a Sesame Street he and The Muppets made appearances on variety shows such as The Ed Sullivan Show.
Not to mention the Land of Gorch sketches on SNL...

-Kim

That Announcer

Reaction score
I think the Muppets were not intended for kids in any way; it was right around the time Elmo came along that everybody started thinking that the Muppets were just for kids, because Elmo was just too dang cute.

Eric does a great Piggy. His Fozzie is coming along and his Animal is mediocre. Frank should be brought back solely to do Sam Eagle, my all-time favorite Muppet. He should be brought back just as Sam chiefly because if Kevin Clash can't do Sam- and he's supposedly the best Sam right now- Sam might have to be eliminated, and then I would have a nervous breakdown. John Kennedy or Bill Barretta could do Animal instead of Eric.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I agree, Frank should come back for Sam. His part in MTI was just...wow. And I hoped he would rise to stardom after that, but he is dropping back again.

That Announcer

Reaction score
"Anger? The man, is a RAGing volCANO!"

Sam is great. He is the most original, the most wacko (NOBODY can be that patriotic, not even my uncle Ron), and the funniest. He hasn't been doing enough lately, and if Sam goes, who knows who's next? Floyd, Scooter, Janice, Robin, Beaker, and maybe even- gasp!- Sweetums would go! All we'd have left is Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Gonzo and Pepe. And Pepe does not belong in the last six Muppets left.

If the Muppets ever come down to a situation like this, somebody take a meat tenderizer to Frank's head, because he started it.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
If the Muppets ever come down to a situation like this, somebody take a meat tenderizer to Frank's head, because he started it.
one moment please, let me get the swedish chef, he'll take care of it... oh, IF. right. nevermind.

And that just so happens to be one of my favorite quotes from MTI.
...but its tied with the rest of the movie... :attitude:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Its not all Frank's fault He thought he was doing what was best. Jim enouraged him to try Directing and ya know what he was and is good at it. If you have done any reading on Frank Oz the man you will find out two intersting things about him. He was a very hard worker when he was with JHC full time on any project. he alway saw it as a job notinng more and really nothing less. He would always push himself so hard. read some of his interviews they are really interesting. Also i was Watching the "Stephord Wifes" DVD behind the secence and Frank being the Driector was on this a lot and you could tell he was like a kid in a candy shop he loves to Direct so why do what he dont want to do. and do something else heck i say go Frank we love and Admire what you have done with the muppets and maybe one day you will come back and do somthing with them but if not its ok by me. No hard feelings.

That Announcer

Reaction score
It has become clear that, for whatever reason, Frank Oz does not want to come back to the Muppets. He has directed some great movies like "The Stepford Wives" and "Bowfinger" but he will never have the success he did with the Muppets. I honestly do not understand why he doesn't want to come back. It would seem to me that putting Fozzie Bear on your arm and making millions of people laugh their heads off would be the ideal job. I know when I decide on a career, I want to make people happy. Now I'm not saying that Frank's films will not make people happy, but they are geared toward a slightly older audience (cases in point: "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" and "Stepford Wives"). When two thirty-five-year-old men get in front of a TV and watch "Little Shop of Horrors", well then, good for you, Frank. But when a family of eight get around a TV and watch "Muppet Christmas Carol" and everybody laughs, and cherishes the moments that they are together, well, I'd rather do that than direct. If I can make an entire family happy and not just a certain demographic, well than I'd do that.

Frank, coincidentally, is my favorite director. On his DVDs he always seems to be a funny man with a great personality. I encourage him to direct, but even if it's just for one scene with Sam or one song with Animal, I implore you Frank: Please come back! We love you, Frank. We'd consider it a divine intervention if you ever said "Wocka wocka" for us again. :halo: :attitude:

T-Bird Chick

Reaction score
HPDJ said:
At least i'm proud to admit my age.

The Muppets were created for kids, get a life.
i am right behind you. im also 12 as a coinicidence!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
...He has directed some great movies like "The Stepford Wives" and "Bowfinger" ... coincidentally, is my favorite director. On his DVDs he always seems to be a funny man with a great personality.
I think it'd be awesome if Frank came back, but obviously what he finds rewarding is different then what you find rewarding (albeit, I'd agree with you that making families laugh would be more up my alley of "fun").

On a slightly humorous and not-so-subtle note, I thought Bowfinger was one of the world's most horribly vile creations to ever surface. Did you really like that movie!? Augh, I thought it was just terrible. Stepford Wives was worth the rent, but I'm sure glad I didn't waste my money in the theatre. But this was the only Frank Oz film I listened to the commentary on, so maybe this isn't a fair assesment of his "great personality", but I thought he was boring and I never made it past the first scene. I was surprised because I've seen him in interviews and while he's not super energetic, he has a vibrance to him that's entertaining, but that commentary on Stepford Wives was cruel and unusual punishment with the excitement of a dial tone.