• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Sesame moves to HBO Max
    Sesame Street is moving to the new HBO Max streaming service for Seasons 51-55. HBO Max will also stream a broad collection of classic episodes from the past 50 years.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Who thinks Frank Oz should come back?

HPDJ

Reaction score
Who thinks Frank Oz should come back???

I think Oz really needs to come back! Piggy :mad: and Fozzie :embarrassed: need his voice. It would be cool if he directed the next muppet film. Thoughts, please.

Beauregard

Reaction score
We've had this discussion a million times, and I'm afraid, it's getting old. As is Frank, and he no longer wants to work with the Muppets. Get over it. Move on. End of story.

eba:zany:{Sorry, if I sound harsh, but, leave the poor guy alone people}regard

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I think especially Fozzie misses Frank's voice. :embarrassed:

Sorry if I sound harsh Beauregard but you may have had this discusssion a million times before, but obviously HPDJ hasn't. :mad: If you don't chose to participate in this thread then just ignore it. Perhaps you could contribute constructively by posting a link to those discusssions for those of us that are new to Muppet Central or may have missed them. That would be appreciated! :smile:

HPDJ

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
Sorry if I sound harsh Beauregard but you may have had this discusssion a million times before, but obviously HPDJ hasn't. :mad:
Thanks, you're correct. :wink:

DerekJ

Reaction score
Although this is why they list "age" next to poster's information...

And since, as mentioned, most of the John-and-Paul feuds between Frank and Brian Henson have already been discussed as length, let's just say, for the sake of answering title header:
Frank doesn't. :frown:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I would like to see Frank come back to help write/direct/produce a Muppet production but I have no need to see him take Piggy, Fozzie, or any other character back from Eric (or David, or anyone else who took over for Frank's characters). I would love to see Frank get back involved with the Muppets behind the scenes.

HPDJ

Reaction score
DerekJ said:
At least i'm proud to admit my age.

The Muppets were created for kids, get a life.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
DerekJ said:

Was this comment in defense of HPDJ or meant as a slam? Because let me just say that a person's age does not define the legitimacy or quality of a discussion. And I think if we can have a million threads on how cool Muppet Babies are, then we can certainly afford a few more threads discussing people's preferences for Frank Oz. So let's not start being age-elitist in our responses, okay? Otherwise, stop wasting your time suffering the replies of the young and go post with your "mature" peers on a more adult board like CNN.com or whatever.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
I would like to see Frank come back to help write/direct/produce a Muppet production but I have no need to see him take Piggy, Fozzie, or any other character back from Eric (or David, or anyone else who took over for Frank's characters). I would love to see Frank get back involved with the Muppets behind the scenes.
I agree, Mr. GelfingWaldo. Now that Eric is performing Piggy and Fozzie, I doubt he'd take too kindly to having his characters taken off him!!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*raises hand* I, for one, don't think Frank should come back. He's moved on and found his niche elsewhere; don't take him out of that niche just because you want Piggy, Fozzie and the rest of Frank's characters to be the way you remember them/you want them to be.

And in that same vein, give Eric a chance. While his Fozzie and Animal could use some work, his Piggy his spot-on. He wouldn't have been given Frank's characters if they didn't think he could handle it or do a good job.

EDIT: And now, having seen the last half of tonights AFV, I'd have to say that Eric's Fozzie is coming along very nicely as well.

-Kim