Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When it comes to the image used to accompany Scott's request (is that the right word here?) to not ask for rare episodes, I wonder if it would have been better to have an image from "The Word is No!" or maybe Tex Richman's "the answer is no".

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'd do almost anything (as long as it was legal, didn't hurt anyone, and didn't involve some topics too personal for Muppet Central) to get my hands on the first ten seasons intact.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Before Old School Volume 2 was even released, someone had an uncut copy of Test Show #1 for sale on eBay; I chipped in to help a fellow forum member buy it in exchange for an .mp4 version.

scarecroe

Reaction score
:wisdom:
For those who missed it, here's what I posted back in June (there's also a notice on my message wall on the wiki):

Our materials come from multiple sources. For privacy purposes, we can't reveal them. But the details are far less scandalous than some of y'all are speculating. A lot of times, people associated with a show donate their work to their alma matter when they retire or pass away. Sometimes they're local broadcasters who still have stuff in their archive. And other outlets. You just have to know where to look. I've been running Muppet Wiki with a great team of folks for almost 14 years now, so we've gotten good at uncovering the covered. Thanks everyone for your patience. Oh, and whomever re-uploaded the G for Grover clip and stretched the image out... dishonor on you; dishonor on your cow; dishonor on your whole family. :ouch:
Also just a note that I have blocked anyone here who has harassed or stalked me, as well as anyone with a white supremacist as their profile picture.

Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of Muppet Wiki's endeavor to build a Sesame Street episode guide. We won't have it done in time for the 50th anniversary like I'd originally hoped, but we're getting there.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I appreciate all the work you’ve done into putting more episode guides out there. Before 2014, I honestly would have expected to this day many of them to still have been notes from the CTW archives, many which turned out to have segments listed incorrectly. We may (obviously) not have every single episode listed by November, but i’ll take whatever’s available for looking at on the wiki!

datman24

Reaction score
Geoffery, you live in Boston. Once those episodes are loaded up at WGBH, you can literally dedicate your entire life into watching every single episode every day for the next 5-10 years.
When I was in high school, we had daily videotaped morning announcements, and in each broadcast, we would have a 'Fact of the Day,' and one of the the facts that I remember them having was that if you were to watch every Sesame Street episode consecutively, non-stop, it would take at least half a year. Of course, that was back around 2011, I'm sure the time span since then has only increased by about a week or two.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, if you go by one episode a day, that literally could take an average of at least 5 years, given that there are 365 days in a year (minus leaps of course) and there are 4900 episodes coming close to 5000.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
@scarecroe I too appreciate your time and efforts with these materials, and am forever grateful towards whom or wherever they come from. And from the bottom of my heart I especially want to thank you for your occasional Facebook/Twitter video posts; I look forward to seeing more in the future, if you can bring yourself to continue uploading. As for the guides, please do take your time...It's not like I'm expecting to have them all done by a certain date. I was hoping they would be all done in November, but if that's not possible, well...it's absolutely no biggie.
That is exactly what I wanna know. In my opinion, it’s not fair. I wanna get some of those episodes so badly, like more than anything. I just feel like he’s very selfish. I actually tried to friend him on Facebook and within minutes, he blocked me. I can’t believe he would do that. This whole thing makes me sick. And it’s like I also wonder, how come he gets to have these episodes if nobody else does?
You seriously crack me up. I've watched your videos on YT where you vent about how miserable your life is, and there are quite a few things I have to say in response to both of them. Like you, I have Asperger's Syndrome, but do I let that leave me in a depressed state? No, I don't. Like you, I love Sesame Street, but do I take every single one of their philosophies to heart? No, I don't. Am I going to waste my time bugging Scott for access to all these episodes he has access to currently? No, I'm absolutely not. You should be thankful for the episodes you have in your own collection right now. There's a lot more I have to say about your videos, but obviously, this thread is not the right place for doing so.

I'll be completely honest: I for one would LOVE to see all these rare episodes that now have guides on the Wiki, but if Scott made it clear that he's not sharing them right now, then that's just something you'll have to accept. They're currently intended for guiding/research purposes. Instead, you oughta consider being happy that we at least have screenshots to view. As @MuppetSpot pointed out earlier, having screenshots is a good thing, because it's like reading a picture book. (The only difference is that there's not a lot of dialogue).

And as far as Facebook goes...do you actually know Scott personally or did you just add him for the sake of getting your hands on these episodes? If it's a case of the latter, I can't really blame him for blocking you.

The fact that you're in your mid-30's and are unable to accept that you cannot have everything you want in life is pretty sad if you ask me.

Last edited: