Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

datman24

Reaction score
What I’m assuming is happening is Scott (since he lives close to Boston) probably set up appointments to view certain episodes, and in return got permission to use them for the wiki.

Considering the workshop was kind enough to let Boston folks come down to watch these episodes via appointments, that’s why I believe the wiki wants to keep this under the radar - so we can get more guides in the near future.
Very plausible theory right there, however, it is worth noting that the American Public Broadcasting Archive does not even have these episodes listed on their website yet. I don’t know if he got these through some early access before they go up on their site, or if he just got it through one of those anonymous sources.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
This is not likely but I sincerely hope one of the Boston fans gets a clip (we don't need the full episode just a clip) from Episode 847

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think it was said that the archives would be getting batches of episodes in reverse order, and most of what screen gaps/video clips Scott has been posting have been from the 1970s and maybe 1980s.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This is not likely but I sincerely hope one of the Boston fans gets a clip (we don't need the full episode just a clip) from Episode 847
You know, I was just thinking about this... Radionate has to have the episode. He did upload the screengrab from it.

gravy

Reaction score
What I've heard, and I won't say this is definite (just a theory) because you chirren are curzy, that some of these are coming from Packard Campus at LoC. At least the 847 screenshot did. They were the only ones who had the collection at the time and the frame measurements were pretty much spot on. I'm doubtful the others did, though. They keep a tight cap on everything they have so it's unlikely they have that much free access.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
You know, I was just thinking about this... Radionate has to have the episode. He did upload the screengrab from it.
maybe, I don't care if we don't get to see the full episode I just want to see a short clip

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I just thought of something, Sesame Street's yt channel should do a compilation of movie characters visiting the street since there have been a few and they could include an excerpt with Margaret Hamilton, think about it

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I know this is a weird question, but Muppet Wiki isn't letting me post messages for some reason. Since Scarecroe just got access to episodes where Toby Towson played Barkley, and the guides imply that he made noise, does that mean Toby now qualifies to be in the Muppet performer category?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When Scott started getting rare episodes, I didn't think Out to Lunch would be included. Makes me wonder if he'll get any of the other rare Sesame Street specials (The Jean Marsh Cartoon Special, Sesame Street at Night?, Sesame Street Goes to Puerto Rico).

It's awesome that we now have official confirmation that the Woof-Woof in that episode is in fact Barkley. And to see pictures of Bertha. When I read of her having stringy hair, I visualized something different. I had noticed her in the big crowd at the end of The Muppet Movie, aside from not knowing about her until last year I had wondered who it was (at first I thought it was Guy Smiley, then I think I thought it was the James Frawley Muppet, then I thought it was either the Orange Gold or Pumpkin having an Elvis-like appearance). Makes me wonder if any additional unknown characters spotted in the big crowds in TMM, The Muppets Take Manhattan, or the 30 Years special have actual identities instead of being random AMs.