Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Gregory DiBruno stole one clip so we don't need anyone else to take anymore clips

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Or, another suggestion is to have the videos set to private, and only release the clips privately to someone who requests them but only if they are trusted users.

Setting them to private is even better, because I did learn that clips cannot be downloaded if they are set to private.

gravy

Reaction score
Or, another suggestion is to have the videos set to private, and only release the clips privately to someone who requests them but only if they are trusted users.

Setting them to private is even better, because I did learn that clips cannot be downloaded if they are set to private.
Ingenuitive!

datman24

Reaction score

Some of them have been uploaded on YouTube privately as “unlisted.”

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Some of them have been uploaded on YouTube privately as “unlisted.”
But what I was saying was, clips should only be released privately - by private message - and only to trusted users. When I say "trusted users", I am referring to users who will not download the clips and upload them to their YouTube or any other video sharing site accounts.

Users who are interested should be screened before they get approved.

Personally, I don't think the unlisted uploads is working, and I do know that clips can still be downloaded even if unlisted, but not the case with private mode.

EDIT: I just realized that private videos can only be viewed privately by up to 25 users. Unless something's changed in recent years.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I would probably be one of the trusted few, since I strongly respect Canada's copyright laws.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Does Muppet Wiki actually own these clips? Why does it matter if someone reuploads them?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What I’m assuming is happening is Scott (since he lives close to Boston) probably set up appointments to view certain episodes, and in return got permission to use them for the wiki.

Considering the workshop was kind enough to let Boston folks come down to watch these episodes via appointments, that’s why I believe the wiki wants to keep this under the radar - so we can get more guides in the near future.