When you need to rant...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
What is the appeal of that Jeffy puppet on YouTube that's super popular nowadays? I've seen a couple of his videos just to understand what others were talking about and I was not impressed in the least at what I saw.

Jeffy as a character is about as lame as you can get. He's just your typical comedic dumb guy who repeatedly acts like a huge jerk to other characters in pretty much every single video.

So in a nutshell, Jeffy is nothing different from Peter Griffin, Patrick Star, Homer Simpson, the guys from Dumb and Dumber, Beavis and Butt-Head, and many others.

I don't understand why such a simplistic and somewhat cliched character gets so many views.

I don't know how many times I've heard kids and adults alike quoting Jeffy out in public. It just makes me roll my eyes every time.

I feel as though Jeffy is nothing that we haven't seen a hundred times before. He's just a rehash of a bunch of previous characters. Nothing exciting or original whatsoever comes out of those videos.

Sometimes I don't understand why certain videos go viral. I've seen some things on YouTube that were nothing short of awesome. From independent music that is good enough to rival official pop songs to clever horror short films that could easily fit in on an episode of Tales from the Crypt to everything in between, YouTube is full of some great stuff. I can't wrap my head around how most of it just tends to be brushed aside in favor of silly stuff like Jeffy.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why is the theme song from Sesame Street the only song Youtubers like to cover?! Like, in what universe is that the show's best song?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because it's so instantly recognizable?

I don't know, but that's one of the reasons why I wanted to avoid picking that song for the tribute video I'm working on with other YouTube puppeteers; we ended up deciding on "Sing" instead.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can easily say if there were more instrumentals, i’d be down to do some Chris Cerf song covers.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I find the Markiplier x Jacksepticeye (aka Septiplier) ship to be disturbing. Just... why are people shipping real people together???

Shipping fictional characters is one thing, but shipping real living, breathing people who aren't romantically involved with each other? That's just creepy.
I found someone who ships The Beatles with each other on Deviantart one time. They are real people, two of them are dead, and all four of them liked women. In other words, there is so much wrong with that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Because it's so instantly recognizable?

I don't know, but that's one of the reasons why I wanted to avoid picking that song for the tribute video I'm working on with other YouTube puppeteers; we ended up deciding on "Sing" instead.
Good call.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Reading the FCC complaints about The Simpsons that were posted online really made me lose my faith in humanity. People really have gotten way too soft and the fact that they complain over the littlest things really proves this to me.
You thought that was bad? Check these two pages out!

There's even someone on YouTube who had been meltin' down over a Noddy Shop episode that was not taped off PBS!
I like Noddy Shop, but that's crazy. I don't think many people taped it off PBS back then, and you're more likely to find recordings from the UK since it played before the then-popular Tweenies. And this is not the first person who's gone crazy over a PBS thing: there was a person who kept asking for this promo on every single PBS Kids video, including a Noddy Shop video (an upload of the Noddy and Friends VHS from the UK), before it was even found by a user. However, he still asked people for it regardless. And the reason he wanted it so much? He had it on an old Sesame Street tape that either wore out from being played a lot or got broken in some manner.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I hope this never happens to any of you. I've dealt with it more times than I can count, but...

If you ever have to go to the hospital, they make you take off your clothes and put on those dreaded hospital gowns. You have to put them on backwards, your legs and back are exposed, and the hospital is always freezing.
Once in a while they'll let me wear sweatpants to cover my legs, but these gowns are worse than useless and ugly as sin.
Hospital beds aren't much better. It's hard to get comfortable when you're hooked up to tubes and wires you look like Frankenstein. At night they don't turn the lights off, and nurses wake you up at all hours to check your. Italy's and whatnot.
Since I was 21, they always put me in a room with some old coot. Nobody my age. Now I'm one of those old coots, and they stick me in a room with an OLDER coot!
And you haven't lived until you stayed in a hospital and there is ALWAYS someone on your floor yelling "Nurse!! Get me out of here!! I'm dying!!!" Day and night.
The only thing that has gotten better is the food. Hospital food used to be a step above jail food, but they made strides in recent years. You're lucky if you get visitors, tv channels and WiFi is sketchy at best, so meals become the highlight of your day.
Hospital stays are rarely pleasant. But I am grateful they keep my alive when I came close to dying. I just hope you stay well, never get some life-threatening disease, never break any bones. But if any friends or family ever end up there, visit them. They appreciate it, and you'll appreciate the fact it's not you in there.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It is rough.sometimes. Once I was so sick but I was afraid if I went to the hospital I would die there. If I didn't go I definitely would have died.
Hospitals do their best, but nobody wants to be there. You can get lonely, you don't know when you can go home, sometimes you're in a lot of pain, it's not fun.
Last year, I was in the hospital three times, for two weeks each time. But each time I had plenty of visitors, my pastor came every other day, and I had a few decent roommates.
Plus I had my bible and tons of people praying for me. That made all the difference.
I feel bad because a lot of patients have no friends or family, nobody praying for them, which doesn't help you get better. I'm more fortunate than most.