What made you roll your eyes today thread?

mariolover

Reaction score
Got into an argument with my religion professor over whether Jesus is the only way to heaven. He leans more towards universalism. I also told him that nowhere in the Bible does it say "Respect all religions", but that it says "If anyone preaches a different gospel, let him be accursed!"

He called me judgmental and dogmatic.

The argument went no where and was just getting more heated, so I respectfully ended the conversation and left.

At least I did my part by evangelizing! God is so happy with me!

I will back it up with scripture if the conversation comes up again, something I forgot to do this time.

God says in the last days there will be many false teachers. And sadly that seems to be happening today, even with Christian college professors. This religion professor is clearly a false teacher. I pray for him that he learns the truth. I planted the seed, it is now up to God to water it.

He will be judged fairly on Judgment day. Hopefully he repents and learns the truth.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know who else are false teachers? All of these Evangelicals who are claiming that Trump is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, and that Trump will be sitting at the right hand of God in Heaven. Not only is that false prophecy (which the Bible also warns us of), it's also blasphemous . . . for someone who claims to be a devout Christian such as yourself, I would think this would bother you immensely that there are people who are suggesting that somebody other than Christ Himself is our Savior and Messiah. For these people who are teaching this distorted message, and the brainwashed sheep who are following this message, and proclaiming they trust Trump over Jesus, they will also have a lot to answer for on the day of their Judgment as well.

But, for what it's worth, yes, you are judgmental and dogmatic.

mariolover

Reaction score
You know who else are false teachers? All of these Evangelicals who are claiming that Trump is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, and that Trump will be sitting at the right hand of God in Heaven. Not only is that false prophecy (which the Bible also warns us of), it's also blasphemous . . . for someone who claims to be a devout Christian such as yourself, I would think this would bother you immensely that there are people who are suggesting that somebody other than Christ Himself is our Savior and Messiah. For these people who are teaching this distorted message, and the brainwashed sheep who are following this message, and proclaiming they trust Trump over Jesus, they will also have a lot to answer for on the day of their Judgment as well.

But, for what it's worth, yes, you are judgmental and dogmatic.
Jesus is ultimately king. I never claimed Trump is my Lord, Savior, and Messiah.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Mario, just a friendly word of advice. Evangelizing is not arguing with someone to convince them of your viewpoints. In fact, arguing with someone to get them to see your point of view actually turns people away from religion and does the exact opposite of what you are trying to accomplish. One thing they fail to mention in church is that...you cannot convert someone who does not want to be converted. No amount of arguing or trying to convince them of something is going to work, and all it does is create animosity between people. It's best to just not argue with someone who is not willing to listen to you, and especially do not do it with a religion teacher who's job is to teach varying viewpoints of different religions. Religion teachers are not trying to convert you or convince you to follow a religion. They are just there to inform you from a purely educational standpoint that other religions exist and believe these certain things.

datman24

Reaction score
Now, obviously, we cannot change your views and you are entitled to your beliefs like anyone else. However, there is a bit of an irony that (judging by your avatar) you are a Trump supporter, and you are big enough of a Muppet fan to that you decide to join a Muppet forum.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Exactly. A religion teacher teaches there are many different faiths, maybe teach how Christianity sprang from Judaism, how the Bible formed from influences of Roman, Greek, and Hebrew cultures,

No different than a Philosophy professor teaching about different thinkers, from the ancient Greeks to 17th century French, English, and Germans. Each one had a different point of view, but no one was THE one.

The one thing that really struck me was “God is so happy with me!” Before you get too full of yourself, remember how God hates pride when it flies in the face of humility. That’s the thing that gives Snowthy the most ammunition when you contradict yourself.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Now, obviously, we cannot change your views and you are entitled to your beliefs like anyone else. However, there is a bit of an irony that (judging by your avatar) you are a Trump supporter, and you are big enough of a Muppet fan to that you decide to join a Muppet forum.
I don't really understand the irony about being a Trump supporter and a big Muppet fan. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Trump whatsoever but at the same time I don't see how that contradicts liking The Muppets.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't really understand the irony about being a Trump supporter and a big Muppet fan. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Trump whatsoever but at the same time I don't see how that contradicts liking The Muppets.
My mom isn’t a fan of Trump either.