What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
im not a fan of trump, but people really need to sit down at look at the larger picture and look at every party involved in something rather than just blaming everything on trump. multiple people are always involved in decision making, not just trump. heck trump is blamed for things all the time outside his control, like what state governors do. he's really just a scapegoat by both the public and government at this point
That doesn't change the fact that Trump has threatened and even attempted to ban tiktok in the U.S. before just this year alone, even though the reasons were unclear, it seemed to stem from, once again, him having a temper tantrum over people on the platform making fun of him; even if he has nothing to do with the decision this time, this is something he's wanted, so in a sense, he's getting his way once again.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That doesn't change the fact that Trump has threatened and even attempted to ban tiktok in the U.S. before just this year alone, even though the reasons were unclear, it seemed to stem from, once again, him having a temper tantrum over people on the platform making fun of him; even if he has nothing to do with the decision this time, this is something he's wanted, so in a sense, he's getting his way once again.
I have never heard of trump throwing a fit over tiktok. are you thinking of the whole thing with twitter where everyone was saying he was mad because twitter was mocking him or something? That was completely twisted by people who dont understand what was going on. the order was to prevent companies from censoring the discussion of topics/politics that didn't align with their party. it was to protect freedom of speech. Though i wont say it wasnt fueled by his own needs, the actual situation was kind of skewed by trump's hate mob

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If anyone was paying attention the reasons were quite clear to those whose judgement isnt clouded by trump hate and has nothing to do with him throwing a temper tantrum. Tiktok is a Chinese developed app that puts the privacy and security of its users in jeopardy. As stated, it is not just the president who has these concerns but many state departments worldwide.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I have never heard of trump throwing a fit over tiktok. are you thinking of the whole thing with twitter where everyone was saying he was mad because twitter was mocking him or something? That was completely twisted by people who dont understand what was going on. the order was to prevent companies from censoring the discussion of topics/politics that didn't align with their party. it was to protect freedom of speech. Though i wont say it wasnt fueled by his own needs, the actual situation was kind of skewed by trump's hate mob
If anyone was paying attention the reasons were quite clear to those whose judgement isnt clouded by trump hate and has nothing to do with him throwing a temper tantrum. Tiktok is a Chinese developed app that puts the privacy and security of its users in jeopardy. As stated, it is not just the president who has these concerns but many state departments worldwide.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean on the one hand, I can understand why people are upset about this, considering the airing of PEANUTS holiday specials has been a time-honored tradition since their inaugural broadcasts dating back fifty-five years; but, on the other hand, yeah, just about everybody should own some physical home video releases of these specials by now, whether they're VHS, DVD, or Bluray.

datman24

Reaction score
Just another day of first world problems:

I'm actually siding with the petitioners on this one. I get that the times are changing with the way we consume media, but this is one of those traditions that should never go away.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, I’m not saying I don’t understand their frustrations; it was definitely a sudden announcement and it’s something folks looked forward to for sure. But what people don’t seem to understand is this is show biz life and things change, and unfortunately it’s just something that they can’t control, and hiding a temper tantrum behind an online petition isn’t going to solve anything. At the very least, they still have physical media they can turn to.

Sure it's not a huge issue, but it's not something dumb like "our Starbucks cups are red!"
Oh jeez..... I remember those days. Imagine your biggest problem in life being what color a coffee cup happens to be.