What made you roll your eyes today thread?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So for whatever reason, the Cumberlands near my apartment was closed..... even though they’re open 24/7. So I drove the extra mile to another one down a few blocks, and the scanner would not put in the case of water bottles I was getting. So the cashier had to put in 3 bags of ice instead and I had to pay an extra two dollars. :rolleyes:

I get it’s only two dollars but having to pay more than I actually owe just because the gas station’s technology is fugging up makes me feel a bit robbed from my cash.

Any Del

Reaction score
I would've called it out right there and then. Also, did you use Google Maps to see if they were open 24/7? If so I would call ahead or check in person for their schedule since Maps can be irreverent at times.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I really needed some water and I prefer drinking bottled Polar Spring water so 🤷🏿‍♂️. And I don’t know what the deal was. This was a last minute car trip late at night I planned on making and I didn’t know why they were closed tonight.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So for whatever reason, it seems (certain) mov files I put into premiere (mainly SS clips @Froggy Fool captured for me off hbo Max) appear to go out of sync when I put them into the timeline but play fine directly off the computer?

And sadly I just found out the hard way that my HQ upload of the Mysterious Theater circles skit captured from that site went out of sync when I put it in (I think I was more focused on just re-sizing the file and trimming out extra segment footage from beginning and end before exporting. Really wish I’d seen this now. 🤷🏿‍♂️).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Adobe Premiere is . . . kind of weird like that, for some reason, it seems like the longer a single clip in a timeline is, the more it gradually goes out of sync as you play it, and I've never understood that. Not sure if that's the same problem you're facing, but it's always a pain trying to fix.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was reading apparently mov files can easily go out of sync when importing them..... but it’s weird because it’s literally just three skits captured off hbo max in mov files that it’s happened to me.

Kinda wishing YouTube honestly had the option to replace a video file.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently they do, but only a privileged few (i.e. big partner channels, or YouTube insiders) have the ability to do this, because I have seen my fair share of certain videos obviously having been replaced without being deleted and reuploaded altogether (I'm pretty sure SS actually did this on their YouTube channel at least once several years ago). Believe, I too would love to have access to this option so I could replace some of my older uploads with better versions without having to just entirely reupload the videos altogether, like I did with Steve D'Monster's older 2007-2009 episodes last year.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, suuuuuure! The big partners can do that no problem, but us “small, non-partner” channels have to re-upload them! 🙃 🙄

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Right . . . and the new uploads never come close to reaching the same number of views as the original uploads.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Sadly can relate to that with my Mst3k/Twice Upon a Time intro crossover mashup, but eh 🤷🏿‍♂️