What made you angry today?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Jesus Christ that judge has a heavy smoker's voice.

But yeah, Drake easily fits the category of "never meet your heroes" (or at the very least, don't blind-worship them).

Any Del

Reaction score
Just curious did you both watched the whole video or no?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The whole video? No. But like I said, seeing this is involving a former Nickelodeon personality with a 15-year-old girl feels a lot like the whole "open secret" about John K. having sexual relationships with two girls around that same age (one of whom he actually flew out to live with him).

I may give it a watch later just to see how the whole thing went down.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, so I actually gave the video a watch and I really felt bad for that girl, especially when she almost broke down crying in the middle of her story. It also didn’t help that she was pretty much being victim-blamed half the time.

Also, Jesus h Christ that judge really needs a glass of water.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One thing that actually made me angry today by the way was another instance with a stupid bald truck driver.

So I went to see my old neighborhood today and drove to the usual parking area, and this ******* was just getting in his truck which was parked completely in the wrong direction - he took up the entire front spot where you have to park your car forward so other people have places to park in the same area and you can back out. No! He just parked his car facing the trees across the river so he ended up blocking the entrance as well, so I was forced to wait for him to get out of the area so I could park front.

Seriously, this is why I absolutely hate truck drivers. They think they’re above the rules of the road and can do whatever they want. Every time I see a truck driver I pray they get into an accident, especially since they’re the biggest causes of them! He’s very lucky he was already entering his truck or I would have called the cops on him and had him towed.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As far as John K. goes, with the girl. If you’re only 15, and you’re messing around with a much older man, you’re looking at trouble for at least one of you.

That’s why laws like the Mann Act were put in place for you (until you’re 18). Sorry, when you’re 15, it’s very easy to make stupid mistakes. I know, you’re 15, you think you’re all grown up, you think you know everything, hey, I’m with John K. Who’s yer daddy, bay bee!
I’m not letting John K. off the hook either. As the adult in the room, he should know she’s jailbait and should keep his hands off.

I could never see myself with a 15 year old. That would be like sleeping with my niece.
1) I’m married
2) I’m old enough to be this kid’s father.
This would not end well.

I loved John’s animation since the days of the Rolling Stones’ “Harlem Shuffle”. But I don’t feel sorry for him if he can’t tell right from wrong.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The truth is many kids around the ages of 11-15 become interested in sex, not knowing what they’re getting into, and if given the opportunity by a grown adult who should know better, they might end up acknowledging and going for it. Until eventually as they get older, they realize what they did was wrong and completely regret it. These adults know their targeted children don’t know any better and take complete advantage of their curiosity. John K easily fits that category.

That’s why the legal age of consent in many states is 16 (some states however go for 17/18), which I think is a reasonable age because by this point, 16 year olds are allowed to drive and this is the area they start to really know more about right from wrong and make the decision if they choose to have sex with someone or not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, there are some religious cults in this very country (and I mean actual cults, not organized religious organizations like the Church or anything) that really push for the legal age of consent to be whatever age a girl begins her first menstration cycle, because they say that signifies a girl has become a woman, and is therefore old enough to marry and bear children, which is why you see some of these religious leaders on AMERICA'S MOST WANTED being profiled with mentions of having a female congregant of theirs as young as, say, even 12 forced into marriage with them. There's even been a couple of episodes of SVU where a pedophile is on trial where they try to convince the court that consentual adult-children relationships are every much a sexual orientation as, say, homosexuality, and that like homosexuality, society hasn't caught onto it being a natural thing for an adult to be attracted to a child or vice-versa like men attracted to men or women attracted to women . . . which, of course, the jury never buys into. I've even seen some freaks-n-creeps in YouTube comments actually justify such attraction to under-aged girls, likening it to when you pick and consume a fruit when it's still barely ripe (which itself is a lot like people who liken pre-marital sex to test driving a car before you buy it) - I guess in that case, it's a good thing thing COPPA ended up requiring YouTube to disable comments on kid-friendly videos.

If anything, I feel like certain legal ages should really be bumped up, and not just as far as sex is concerned. Take driving, for example: 16 seems way too young of an age to let people get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle - I mean, how many times do we see reports of vehicular accidents involving teen drivers? It's still a rocky and uncertain age full of angst and hormones. If anything, I think like the legal drinking age, the legal driving age should be bumped up to at least 21 . . . after all, look at the number of people on this very forum (myself included) who didn't learn to drive until they were in their twenties because they felt they weren't ready by the age of 15 (which is when you can get your permit as long as you have an adult in the car supervising your driving).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The only reason COPPA exists is because millennial and Gen z parents don’t even bother looking after their children - they just completely rely on technology to be the babysitter, and look where THAT eventually leads to! 🙃

Far as driving goes, sorry but I disagree. If people want to get behind the wheel a little later, fine, but I think 21 is a little too late. People’s comfortness behind the wheel vary from person to person. Some prefer late while others prefer the minute they’re legal. I personally didn’t go for my permit until I was 18 (mostly because my 16/17 year old self just felt too lazy about it) until by that age I decided “I really should be driving by now” and since became legal on the road for 10 years now (my permit included).

Truth is you can get into an accident any age, even in your 20s or 30s, from carelessness, especially with how people are just constantly on their phones when driving. Then there’s the category of those who drive pickup trucks.