Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Interview with Fraggle Rock write/director is now available on the Henson.com Podcast!

http://www.Henson.com/podcast.php
Oh I LIKE him! I like him a LOT! He's seems like a good guy with a grasp on not only the characters, but the show. It's very exciting, I think. Not sure how I feel about the Gorgs not appearing much. I wish the interviewer would've asked about the Trash Heap too... but other than that I'm VERY excited about this movie! :excited:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about the Gorgs not appearing much.
Well, some episodes didn't have much of the Gorgs in them, some didn't have the Gorgs at all! Then again, some episodes were almost nothing but Gorgs.

When I was younger, I never liked the Gorgs or Doozers. I love them now, of course, so I don't know how I feel about that either. The Gorgs should have some part in the story, definitely, but shouldn't be thrown in just for the sake of having them. So, if they don't fit with certain parts of the story, I suppose it's okay that their appearances are limited.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, some episodes didn't have much of the Gorgs in them, some didn't have the Gorgs at all! Then again, some episodes were almost nothing but Gorgs.

When I was younger, I never liked the Gorgs or Doozers. I love them now, of course, so I don't know how I feel about that either. The Gorgs should have some part in the story, definitely, but shouldn't be thrown in just for the sake of having them. So, if they don't fit with certain parts of the story, I suppose it's okay that their appearances are limited.
I never liked the Doozers at all (I still don't), but I loved the Gorgs :3! Even if they only got a bit part I would be happy (I always try to give them a tiny part in my stories at least).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:coy:I love every part of the dense rich world of the Fraggles. The season sets are filling me in on missed episodes and missed characters that are all fantastic! The Doozers always intrigued me as do the Gorgs. I would have liked to see more of their kingdom and "subjects" they seem to think exist. In fact, the series is so beautifully filled with creatures in a natural symbiosis that I really do have to savor each episode individually to soak it all in. A marathon of back-to-back shows proves too much for me. For a seemingly simple show there's a lot going on! And that's not even considering behind the scenes! :busy:

I really want this film to expand the scope of what we see in each world (Matt’s outer space experiences in between the postcards, Doc & Sprocket’s life outside the workshop, uncovered areas of Fraggle life we still have questions about, more of the tiny world of the Doozers, the Trash Heap & company’s non-Fraggle related experiences, inside and around the Gorg’s castle and kingdom and all of the other side characters and tiny creatures that merely fill the edges of the frame. I miss it all! :excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, I like hearing about everything in their world to, don't get me wrong. I just have a habit if griping about things I love. If I did not love it as much as I do I would not rant as much about this and that *lol*.
I love watching episodes back to back:excited:!

Luke

Reaction score
I just realised this hadn't been mentioned on here yet - there is going to be a Fraggle Rock panel at the San Diego Comic Con on Sunday July 27th. It looks like Karen Prell is appearing with the newly built Red puppet to talk about the Fraggle DVD's and movie.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_sun.php

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
If this is who they want to do the movie then I have every faith in him that he will do a good job. I just want him to see season four before he makes any final decisions.

Redsonga

Reaction score
If this is who they want to do the movie then I have every faith in him that he will do a good job. I just want him to see season four before he makes any final decisions.
I hope if nothing else he got a copy ahead of time...The 4th season was very important :smile:!