Weezer's Muppet Show video now on-line

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you agree. I really don't think he's really meant anything by his statements. Maybe it's just a case of hittin' the "Hash Pipe" he sings about. Just unfortunate though. I'd say he was misquoted, but he seems to be really sloppy about what he choice of words.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
yes i also thought that Statler sounds more like Richards in this video, but i hope it's not a sign of Jerry retiring, i still think that he should carry on with Statler even thought who ever did this sounds like Richards, it just wouldn't feel right,i don't know he does sound good thought.

fozzie does need a little bit of a tweek,piggy's is perfect!

out of all the muppets mention, i only find that Rizzo SHOULD have been there the most! skip that white bunny and have Rizzo in his place even if he doesn't say anything, or at least have him on stage.

it's a wonderful video thought great song!

Zack)Rowlf the, have him there!!!Dog.

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new. First post. Hello.

I'm real sorry to disagree with most everyone, but I was majorly disappointed in the video. Yes, yes, I think Weezer is a terrible band, but that's kinda beside the point. It just...wasn't...amusing at all. I guess I've had a hard time enjoying a lot of what the Muppets have done since Jim Henson's death, but I just found it pretty lifeless. It seemed, like others have mentioned, really underdeveloped.

I could complain about all sorts of personal things like, why didn't they make a cool set for the band (i.e. Elton John's Crocodile Rock, Harry Belafonte's Banana Boat Song, etc.), why did the band seem so bored, why didn't they use the old laughter and applause tracks, blah blah blah, but that would be nitpicking a bit. Plain and simple, I know that the guys at Henson (and, coincidentally, the guys from Weezer) can do much, much better.

I will say that the penguins were about the only nice touch in the whole thing. Oh, and thank you frogboy for mentioning the absence of Sam Eagle (my favorite Muppet). How much better would it have been with Sam shaking his head in disgust off-stage? They must have thought that MTV viewers wouldn't understand all the in-jokes (even Weezer wouldn't) if they added Muppets like Beauregard and Sam. Kinda sad.

Statler and Waldorf sum it up at the end, I think. Thumbs up, guys!

That's all. Sorry to be so negative. Hope everyone is well.

-Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can see that. I was disappointed a bit too. BTW, let me be the first to welccme you to the board!

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Thank you. It's awfully nice to be here.

*turns up Muppet Radio*

-Chris

BorkBork

Reaction score
Welcome to muppetcentral.

I too would have been pleased to see sam eagle and lots of other stuff.

/Anders

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Heyyy Chris--gymkatarules!!!! (yelled like Kermit)

Annnnnd let me be the second to welcome you to the forum.

I went to your website; we have a lot in common, especially your words about Jim Henson. I agree 100%. I too have a hard time enjoying what the Henson Co.'s stewards are doing with Jim's legacy. For crying out loud, couldn't they have had a meeting---like WE ALL are having here---and come up with these cool ideas?

I would've liked Animal taking over the drums right from the start by attacking the Weezer drummer, and then have the Weezer guy lying on the floor next to Animal for the whole video. That woulda been funny.

And as far as cost is concerned? After you've got the studio rented and the catering taken care of, it's not too big of a deal to add a few extra performers. Not a big deal AT ALL if they're NOT principal performers.

Go right ahead and be negative. If everybody has no problem with this stuff, it'll never get any better.

Back to the website...you also like Queen (my favourite band ever) and John Denver...and the movie TRON!

My website is in pieces right now, but when it gets fixed, you'll notice a little tribute to John under my "Tree Tribute" section.

I can hardly wait until the next Muppet Movie: You, me and Froggy will tear it to bits:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I just think there's a real magic missing...mostly in the writing. I mean, we have very capable, talented puppeteers working with the Muppets, but the writing is often a bit off. Henson had the guts to do things just a little differently. Take people by surprise. The Muppets today are a bit too safe, maybe. They don't need to shock, they just need to entertain. Hmm. It's late and I think I'm not sure what I'm saying any longer.

Queen is the first rock band I ever liked and I worship them still. I know it's everyone's favorite, but A Night At The Opera never fails to blow me down. Queen II is also a big, big favorite. Hey, I even like the stuff Smile recorded. Call me a real fan!

As for Tron, it's an incredibly misunderstood film that is really quite fantastic. One of my top five favorites. Easy.

Anyway, sorry to veer off the topic. Or, then again, maybe I'm not.

-Chris

Oh, and P.S.- John Denver's Calypso, with it's crazy strings and all, is enough to bring a man to tears. "Nobody knows the truffles I've seen..."

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Chris---

I feel the same way about Rhymes and Reasons. I've even got an LP of Aerie.:smile:

When people call John Denver corny, I want to strangle them.:mad:

Plus, you're also disappointed with Episode II, just like me. I could repost my giant review, but I don't think it'd belong here in this thread. If you want it, go to the start of the forum, then choose the "general discussions," then find "Attack of the Clones." Go through those posts until you find my review. Lemme know what you think if you feel like it.

Yeah, I was blown away by those similarities we've got.

Here'a a link to a touring Queen tribute act:
http://www.merqury.com/

Froggy and I both adore Cyndi Lauper.

Yep, I think we're gonna eat the next Muppet Movie for breakfast here:big_grin: