Weezer's Muppet Show video now on-line

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
I agree that Statler sounded the most like Richard's interpretation than it has in years. I thought it was a good step but it leads me to wonder if Jerry Nelson is thinking about retirement as well.

In terms of Fozzie and Piggy:

It was great to see Fozzie and Kermit together again. Fozzie playing the second banana to Kermit...it's a good team. However, the performance in terms of vocal quality didn't quite meet my expectations in terms of Fozzie. I thought he sounded as tough he had something stuck down in his throat. But I think time and practice will help as it has with Bert.

Piggy on the other hand was fabulous. From the subtle inflections to the laugh going out of frame. Eric's Piggy is wonderfully spot on and I cannot applaud him enough. He has definitely risen to the occasion and I think she's in good hands.

Over all, I felt the video wasn't what I hoped it would be. I been seeing the word "rushed" being bandied and around this forum and I think that's a decent way to describe it. Of course, you're trying to cram so much into one video...so I think we're fortunate to see what we have seen in terms of dialogue, etc.

But one thing that's been nagging at me...and I might hear it for this. This whole project feels like a grasp for exposure for the Muppets but not necessarily a natural one. It seems as though their guest appearance in the video has sense of the muppets being a retro pop culture oddity and that doesn't necesarrily, in my mind, portray them as a viable medium of entertainment, fun and myrth. It's almost like, but not quite this bad, seeing Eric Estrada parodying himself in a some low budget indie video. The video feels more like a step backwards as opposed one that is forwards and it also lacks the natural charm they exude in their best projects

I don't know, perhaps that's what they need to do given the current state of the Henson company.

But you know something, in spite of it all, I enjoyed it. I've watched it quite a bit and it's just cool to see the Muppets doing something fun and a little quirky.

Enough from me

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Its cool to see Weezer still big, I remember they had their hey day in 94/95 with sweater and buddy holly. I wondered where they went
They actually never went away. They've had some great songs in the past few years. My favorite being Island in the Sun. It's a really really fun song! Check it out.

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
Weezer had two albums in the mid 1990's then took a 5 year break until 2001's Weezer (The Green Album). They had a few huge hits off of that album most notably Island in the Sun in 2001.

Also someone posted about how it felt as though the Muppets were some retro hip thing. I would have to disagree with you on that. When you see Erick Estrada in a video it’s usually to parade his celebrity (IE having him pull someone over). I in no way thought this was a parade of the Muppets instead it was a tribute to them and that they are still a cool thing to be into. I know many of people my own age who grew up watching the muppets and now love that they can buy Video Tapes of the shows to watch over and over again.

Also this gives a group of people who didn’t grow up with the Muppets a chance to get to know them again. Remember your average TRLer wasn’t even born when the Muppet show was on the air. If they are going to try to get them popular again with a young audience you can’t just do that by introducing the product stale. The Muppets need to bee seen with some of the days hottest celebs to generate the curiosity of this audience to check out there new projects.

I think now is a prime time for the Muppets to be re-introduced into the popular culture. I think people are looking for something like the Muppets and we are in a point in our country where i think they could be a success like they were in the late 1970's. This is just another in a long line of things to re-introduce the Muppets into our conciseness, and lets hope we get to see more.

BorkBork

Reaction score
Nah, doesn't work, so don't bother (my try-link, only clickable).

I thought it was a very funny video. It really has the muppetshow feeling, but sort of new in a way. Really cool!!!

/Anders

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Yeah, it was THIS board that informed me that both Fozzie and Piggy were replacements.

All I can say is WOW.

Still, Yoda was all the more enjoyable this summer 'cuz I knew it was our Frank in there.:smile:

Joggy

Reaction score
I totally HATED this video! Why?! Because these characters were nowhere to be found... takes out list and reads

Floyd. Janice. Zoot. Dr. Teeth. Lips. Scooter. Rizzo. Robin. Sweetums. Lew Zealand. Sam Eagle. Uncle Deadly. Beauregard. Digit. Pops. Gaffer. Foofoo. Link. Strangepork. Johnny Fiama. Sal. Clifford. Gorgon Heap. Green Frackle. Blue Frackle. Angus McGonnacle. Bobby Benson and his Baby Band. Mahna Mahna. The Gawky Birds. The Sexy Muppet girl from At the Dance in the first season. Kermit Exclusive with a banjo (oops, wrong list). George. Mildred. Hilda. Wayne and Wanda. Miss Mousey. And Annie Sue Pig.

:mad:

:big_grin: