Vic Romano's Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals

BEAR

Reaction score
Just one complaint and that is that you didn't include Rosita in this.

zns

Reaction score
This is better than what Elvis came up with.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
She's not really true blue either. In fact, she's supposed to be more of a minty green color.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
She's not really true blue either. In fact, she's supposed to be more of a minty green color.
She's turquoise. That is a shade of blue too, isn't it. No less blue than Boober. Ah well, just a point. I still think the visual is beautiful.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
BEAR said:
She's turquoise. That is a shade of blue too, isn't it. No less blue than Boober. Ah well, just a point. I still think the visual is beautiful.
She's a sort of a mix of the two; even illustrators can't seem to figure out what color she is.

I think Boober's blue, too. While his skin is a sort of greenish color, his body is blue, so that's what color he is. (I guess that a Fraggle's body determines what color he is; though Wembley has a sort of yellowish skin, his fur is green.)

The only one I'm confused about is Zoot; I've mainly seen him green.

http://www.serienoldies.de/images2/muppets_zoot.jpg
http://www.tradercracks.com/gallery/non-sports/Muppets/Muppet_Movie/thumbnails/05_zoot.jpg

Or maybe he's turquoise. Anyway, maybe he's playing the blues. :cool:

I love the Boppity picture. Where'd you get it?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey hey! Once again; I have too much to cover before the actual visual; so if you just wanna' see that, just skip the next several paragraphs!

Waitaminute, Vic... it's Thursday!
Right you are MC family, right you are. But I won't be around tomorrow, and I'm gonna' catch a ton of slack as to why. Howard Stern and the Muppets have never mixed very well, in fact; just today Howard commented that he was flabergasted that Carrol Spinney had a "stately" property, meaning he's done good as being Big Bird. He then went on to say that he (Howard) could play BB without the costume. None the less, I'm a big Stern fan and tomorrow I'll be in NYC with him as he marches from his old KROCK studio to Sirius. I've designed a large sign and a plan to get some media attention myself, so I'll share that with you all soon afterwards.

Bad News
As if some of you wouldn't be insensed enough by me ditching you for Howard Stern, I can unfortunately say that there is no way I will have completed next week's much anticipated visual in time. It is... massive; so here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to make you a promise. The promise is that this visual will eventually appear and will also be made available for the price of only shipping and handling as a SEVEN FOOT LONG HIGH QUALITY PRINT! Details later, but this is a printed art piece by yours truly featuring characters from TMS, SS, FR, BITBBH, The Dark Crystal and Labrynth. I'll update you more when I get something done with it; but in the meantime that means NO visual for next week. Hey; lots of people get Christmas off! So to those of you who so kindly tell me how much you look forward to Fridays because of this; I'm truly sorry (Beth; that's a direct apology to you in particular!).

MC Family Participating Visuals
We have TWO rather cool visuals IMHO in the works that if you're not already aware of, you should be. First off lemme' talk about the Muppet Central Fan Art Visual. This project is moving along so well, I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! Currently we have a spectacular variety of about 20 talented and creative artists on board with colorful and exciting art work pouring in everyday. There is still time if you yourself are an aspiring artist and want to join in, please look at my last post in that thread for the most recent updates. Expect to see this visual in mid February.

Next up is a visual that none of you need any special skills for, just a face. The Muppet Central Show visual (also known as "You Oughtta' Be In Pictures") currently has photos of 9 MC family members. I'd like a few more before I commit to this visual, so please go there; pay very close attention to ALL the rules.

Q & A
I simply love your questions, even though most of these aren't even questions, so always ask away and I'll be happy to answer.
redBoobergurl said:
Of course you know, now you have to do a red one for Valentine's Day.
*Groan* J/K; good idea... let's see; Red Muppets... there's Animal, and Red and... Uhm... ?
Beauregard said:
... but you just dare cancel the visual and I sware I'll...er...do...er...something! Yes, something, and it won't be pretty.
HELP! Dad's gonna' kill me!
BEAR said:
D'oh! BEAR's right! Beau, why didn't you think of her! It's all Beau's fault; I asked him again and he didn't reccomend Rosita. Tsk tsk, Beau... I'm really disappointed in you.
MuppetDude said:
The only one I'm confused about is Zoot; I've mainly seen him green.
Okay, you got me here. When we did the Green one; Beau was pretty clear that he shared your feelings. Most of the defining selection of "blue" Muppets came from Studio pics (like the one in that visual) and my Palisades figures, and my Zoot figure (to me at least) is blue. So that's my reasoning.
MuppetDude said:
I love the Boppity picture. Where'd you get it?
It is a great pic, isn't it? I have to give a big shout of thanks to MuppetDanny who provided me with several great classic Muppet pictures in this thread that I'm sure you'd be interested in as well.

Merry Christmas
FINALLY! The freakin' visual. This is the last of Christmas visuals, and although it's so very simple in it's appearance, it's simply me wishing all my friends here a very Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas you guys. :smile:

December 15, 2005

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Got anything better? Please check out:
The Archives
• August 12, 2005 - Some Of My Friends
• August 19, 2005 - The Real Muppet Show
• August 26, 2005 - Sweden's Peace Ambassador
• September 2, 2005 - The Animal Hunter
• September 9, 2005 - Bernie & Ert
• September 16, 2005 - The 390
• September 23, 2005 - My Time With The EM
• September 30, 2005 - A Tribute To Jerry Juhl
Tribute 1
Tribute 2
• October 7, 2005 - i Fraggle
• October 14, 2005 - It's Tough To Be A Muppeteer
• October 21, 2005 - Grand Theft Animal
• October 28, 2005 - Happy Halloween!
• November 4, 2005 - Best Buddies
• November 11, 2005 - Old Sesame Street
• November 18, 2005 - It's Not Easy Bein' Green...
• November 25, 2005 -Merry Christmas Ev'ry-bod-eee!
• December 2, 2005 - Happy Holidays
• December 9, 2005 - Blue Christmas

*Tune in next week for... nothing!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but the pictures didn't work.

As for Valentine's Day characters, you could use red or pink (maybe orange), I guess. That gives you Animal, Red (even though she's yellow), Elmo, Elmo's Dad, Prairie, Betty Lou, Large Marvin, Mokey, Ma Gorg, Beaker, Miss Piggy, Floyd Pepper, Pepe, etc.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Did you try right clicking, save as? That's the only way they worked for me.