Under the Mistletoe

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Hehe! First of all, Ish gish. I love this website.:big_grin: Second of all, I'm just trying to explore these loveable character's emotions and lives. :embarrassed: Sorry if I get out of hand. Thirdly, on to Chapter 12!!

Chapter 12: We wish you a Merry Christmas

Everyone had piled onto Piggy's porch, even Sweetums, who happened to be wearing a very large Santa outfit with an over flowing bag full of goodies.
"Alright everybody! Just like we rehearsed!" Scooter replied. Everyone started to sing We wish you a Merry Christmas as piggy and Kermit stood in the doorway looking rather shocked.

Scooter and Lonnie both started off the song, grinning from ear to ear.

We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy New Year.
Suprisingly, Sam the Eagle sang with Gonzo.
Glad tidings we bring
To you and your kin;
Glad tidings for Christmas
And a happy New Year!
"For it is part of the American way!" He added proudly, placing a wing over his heart.

We want some figgy pudding
Please bring it right here!
Fozzie, Waldorf, and Statlor took a solo this time, even though neither looked too pleased about it.

Glad tidings we bring
To you and your kin;
And a happy New Year!
All the muppets joined in to finish off.
We won't go until we get some
So bring it out here!
Glad tidings we bring
To you and your kin;
And a happy New Year!

We wish you a Merry Christmas
And a happy New Year.
Glad tidings we bring
To you and your kin;
And a happy New Year! This last part Sweetums sang with Robin on his shoulder. Robin still had the patch over his eye
Piggy and kermit both welcomed all their friends into the living room, Piggy excused herself to go change into something more fitting. Kermit's brother walked by with his wife, Lucille in hand. Tapping both on the shoulder, he eclaimed,
"Well look what the wind blew in!" Grinning, Kermit hugged both his sister in-law and brother.
"Do you think yuo could help me in the kitchen? We're going to need to make lot's of Hot Cocoa for this group."
Grinning, Danny lead his wife to the kitchen. Kermit was about to follow when something more appealing caught his eye. Piggy waltz smartly down the stairs, her hair was in tight ringlets and her strapless dress was green with a red ribbon wrappd around her waist.
"Piggy, you look... well gosh!" Kermit stammered. No word could describe the beauty he was seeing. Leaning over, Piggy kissed him on the cheek.
"Vous is too kind." she murmered softly. Guiding her dazed frog to the couch, Piggy sat down with Kermit beside her. Fozzie took the stage in the living room.
"Waka waka! Boy have I got some great jokes for you! What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus?
Claustrophobic!" Either Fozzie was getting good, or no one could be brought down by Fozzie's jokes this close to Christmas.
"Say, what did Adam say on the day before Christmas ?
It's Christmas, Eve! Waka waka!" Even Kermit started to chuckle at this. Everything will be fine, he thought to himself. Kermit decided to let go of his fears. Surrounded by friends and family, who or what could possibly go wrong? If only he knew what happened next.....
hehe. Don don don Doooon!! :scary:Oh, I'm so evil for letting this drop right here, but I've got to go a Christmas Caroling, so bye my lovelies!!!:big_grin:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oh man, I want some Figgy pudding. (Implying that you deserve to be pudding-ised, after leaving the story there, not that I am actually cannibalistic). Ok first things first: Christmas caroling. And I'm there. And me and Scooter are there. Together. Singing. And Grinning from ear-to-ear. Just like I am right now. I love short sentence fragments. Boy, do you know how to win me over first thing! :wink: Second thing: Miss Piggy's dress! Was that a wave at my story, or were you just being the awesome designer you are?! Third: Robin's parents? Well seriously, where have ya'll been! Did you know your son's a juvenile delinquent now?! (just picking on you Fig) Fozzie's jokes. Oh, he's definitely getting good. No wonder Statler and Waldorf and so down. Fourth: You terrible girl! I hope you catch cold caroling! (just kidding again!! Do not do that Figgie!!) Fifth: Did you know I had promised myself I wasn't going back on here untill my book was finished tonight? I blame you! Lots of loving, hugging and blame!! Lol, love you girl. Hurry and post more!!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Aww adorable update! I love how friends can always cheer you up when you're down.

Great job- keep up the good work!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Okay, before Wigitus beats me to death with love and hugs, begging and pleading, etc.... I'll write some more ush-gush. Also, I need some help. I can't decide if I should add a villian to this story or not. I wanted to get this story done in time for Christmas, but I don't think that's possible if I add a villian...^.^

Chaptet 13: Kisses and Holly

Scooter sat on the couch next to Lonnie. The fireplace was roaring and made the room toasty and warm, while the Hot Chocolate burned down each muppet's throat, filling them with contentness. He watched as Lonnie sipped her cocoa quietly, eyes half closed. She seemed to be smiling sadly, and a small tear escaped from her eye. Scooter nudged her gently and gave her a questioning look. Sighing, she motioned him to the window, standing there, she looked out into the white street.
"A few months ago," she started, "I lost my mother. I'd rather not talk about she died, but we spent every Christmas together. Baking and cooking, decorating the house and tree." Lonnie smiled. She looked at something only she could see, a far off memory. "She always knew how to make me laugh when I was upset, or she'd always make me feel better by making me Hot Chocolate and talking about her favorite part of Christmas. After she passed away, everything just seemed to stop and I had to take on the responsibility of my two little sisters. "Lonnie's cracked as she revealed all this to Scooter. "Sometimes, I forget what it's like to be a teenager, to be normal. Half the time I don't know what I'm doing, but it's all worth it when I see both of their faces light up." Lonnie had to look away to hide her tears that were sliding down her face. Scooter felt bad he really did.
"I lost my parents too." He spoke quietly, slipping an arm around Lonnie's shoulder, he pulled her into an embrace.
"Then, I met Kermit and the gang, I didn't want to spend my time with my uncle. he only talks about money and taxes." Scooter rolled his eyes and Lonnie giggled.
"Kermit and everyone else became my new family." Scooter stopped for a moment and thought. "I guess you could say they adopted me, you could be part of it, you know." He spoke softly, searching Lonnie's eyes. She looked away blushing.
"I'm not sure I would be able to, I-I doubt I'd fit in." She mumbled. Just then a great crash sounded in the room causing Lonnie and Scooter to jump. Apparently, Gonzo had tried to dive into his cup of Cocoa while diving off the side board. Piggy started to chase down Gonzo for spilling Hot Chocolate on her seats, while Camilla chased Piggy to stop her from hitting Gonzo. Both Lonnie and Scooter giggled at the comotion.
"How could you not fit in? We have monsters, muppets, a Swedish Chef, I've even seen talking vegetables!" Scooter exclaimed grinning. Lonnie laughed, her heart soaring.
"Lonnie, if you wanted," Scooter commented thoughtfully, "You could quit your current job and join the muppets! You could be a go-fer like me!" Scooter was almost giddy as he spoke. Lonnie mulled it over for a moment.
"Actually," she said softly, "I did get laid off yesterday." she smiled at Scooter wryly.
"Besides," she said airily, "If you're as good a go-fer teacher as you are a dance teacher, I'd love the job!" She grinned mischieviously. Scooter was so happy he kissed Lonnie on the cheek and then on her mouth.
"Oh boy!" Scooter exclaimed excitedly. Lonnie smiled herself and even found herself to be excited.
"Hey Uncle Kermit?" Robin had somehow made it to the window where Lonnie and Scooter stood, and now looked out the window.
"Yeah?" Kermit asked lazily.
"Is this window supposed to have a white blanket on the outside?" Everyone rushed to the window to see that it had snowed so much that yuo could barely see out the window. Kermit could barely see the top of his truck!
"Er, well how do you guys feel about staying the night?" Kermit asked sheepishly.
"Oh no!" the sudden cry came from Lonnie.
"I have to make sure my sisters are okay!" Lonnie rushed to the nearest phone. Quickly dialing a number she sighed in relief as a voice sounded on the other end.
"Trisha? It's Lonnie. I'm not going to be able to make it home tonight, I'm sorta stuck in a storm." Lonnie listened for a moment and smiled softly.
"Yes, I promise I'll be home as soon as I can tomorro morning to help yuo make cookies for Santa." Another pause, "I love you too. Be good to your sister." Hanging up, Lonnie looked back to where the other muppets were looking out the window once more, all except for one. Scooter walked over to Lonnie and wrapped his arms around her waist.
"Everything gonna be okay?" His brow was furrowed as he spoke. Lonnie looked at his caring eyes and smiled. She kissed his cheek and nodded, thinking about the two families she now had.

'Kay, Wigitus, I hope you don't mind I added your mom to the story, but I wanted to dedicate this chapter to you and your family. This is also my first Christmas with out a loved one. Also I want to say who I'm dedicating this book to since I don't know if I'll have time later.
Firstly, Wigitus. You have been such a fantastic friend to me. Always encouraging me to do my best! I ove you sista!:wink:
Second of all, Aunty Ru. You're own story, Kermie's Girl, inspired me to start writing my own stories! You're such a talented writer and you know the characters so well. As Miss Piggy would say: Thank Vous!:mad:
Thirdly, newsmanfan. You have been reviwing my stories since the beginning. You always gave me helpful writing tips and made me appreciate writing more. Muppet News Flash: You are amazing!!:news:
Fourthly, to all my reviewers and readers, members and non members. Thank you to all who clicked on this story to read it! It's the little things that keep me going!:sing:
Fifthly, to the Count, Cindy, and all other staff members. Thank you for creating this site so other dreamers like me could fully appreciate these wonderful Muppets!:batty:
Last, but not least, Jim Hensen and Co. Because of you, a wave of creativity and imagination has spread throughout the world! Thank you Jim, Frank, and all the rest of the fabulous muppet performers and creaters, young and old, retired and sill kicking. Thank you all for helping me realize the world's 3rd greatest gift of all: Laughter.:smile::jim:

Now, this story is most definately NOT finished. I just wanted to take a moment to explain and share my love for you all. Thank you for accepting me into this family when I needed it most.:laugh:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oh Figgie....I'm not even sure how to review this, now that you've dedicated it my Mom....but had tears in my eyes while reading it, real honest tears because you got this situation just right. Tomorrow is Christmas eve, and instead of being at home we'll be at mt grandparent's for the first time. It won't be her cooking all our favorite things. It won't be her that makes me get my guitar out and play carols. She isn't going to be there to put her arm around me and look into the fire and tell me how proud she is of her baby. And something just aches inside when I let myself think of that, so I don't. And I spend all my time ignoring the fact, which leaves me feeling a little selfish and guilty, but at least it doesn't hurt as much. The way you put it down there: wow, it chilled and warmed me at the same time. I know that you must understand how I feel, and the way you wrote Scooter understanding, well...maybe I'd better take a breathe and switch emotions here....
:flirt::big_grin::flirt::big_grin: That might about do it. Gee, it's probably self-centered, but this fan-fic may the coolest Christmas gift I'm going to get this year. Unless someone manages to get me the real Scooter as a boyfriend. :wink: Figgie, you are such an amazing friend. My Mom would have loved you. She was an excellent judge of character: she would never make me choose my friends, but she told me the ones that she thought were shallow and mean, and praised the ones that genuinely cared about me. I know beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt she would have loved you.
That's all my mind will make right now. I gots to go feed some little ones. But I just got struck with an idea: we should be pin-pals!! If, you know, that's OK with everyone involved. (I.E. Parents). Alright, I hear crying, I'm off! Expect more story sometime today!!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Ohh! I can't tell you how much I love you Wigie!!:big_grin: I think I would have liked your mom too! She sounds like an awasome person! I would love to be your pen-pal!!! I've been wanting to ask that before, but I was worried you'd say no. :embarrassed: P.S. I tried to send you this poem I wrote, but it said I couldn't start a message with you... So I'm going to post it on here.....

I was driving home with my Dad when all of the sudden, I looked up and saw billions of stars. Very slowly, I heard a voice whisper words to my heart. This is what it said:

My Christmas Star

I once looked up to find a star,
All alone and up so very far;
It shined so bright against the black,
I almost cried, forlorn and aghast.
But what once was only first,
Grew and filled my empty thirst!
For up above in Heaven's eyes,
Were billions of stars on the velvet skies.

My heart was filled, my song soared,
The waves of stars silently roared.
I remembered a star from long ago,
That shined it's light for people to follow.
Lighting the path for herders and sheep,
But also for men, whose wisdom was deep.
Far away lay a babe,
laying in a stack of hay;
One day he'd grow up,
So He could fill his Father's cup.

But for now he rest, in swaddling clothes,
His skin brandished red like a rose.
Holy was his name, from long ago and far away,
And it still remains to this present day.
His light reminded me of that small star,
That shined away in Heaven a far.
As I looked, something became clear,
I realized you were someone dear.
So a small voice whispered this song so that my spirit would lift;
Then I could give it to you as my special Christmas Gift.

So Merry Christmas, Peace on Earth!
For this Holiday Season we celebrate His birth!
I love having you all as my Friend,
And, I will still love you till the very end.

Merry Christmas!
Love,
Figgie.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Figgie!! That was a beautiful poem! I've never been good at poetry, but that was gorgeous! You should send that in to a magazine, it should be published!

Ohh! I can't tell you how much I love you Wigie!!:big_grin: I think I would have liked your mom too! She sounds like an awasome person! I would love to be your pen-pal!!! I've been wanting to ask that before, but I was worried you'd say no. :embarrassed:
Here is my email address: lilmayblossom@gmail.com Shoot me one! I've been wanting to get a pen-pal for a long time, I even thought about getting one in Germany (since I'm trying to learn the language) but how rare is it to find funny, amazing, super-talented fellow Muppet fans?!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I know right? I'll see if I can send you my email...:smile: Actually I don't have an email, it's my parents...:embarrassed: