TMS Fanfiction: "Broken Dreams"

Just J

Reaction score
Since I didn't post a new chapter yesterday, I thought I'd do two tonight. Hope you like them!

Just J

Reaction score
Part XIII: Let's Make a Deal

Part XIII: Let’s Make a Deal

All the Muppets had crammed back into the house and were listening closely as Gonzo spoke on the telephone.

“Hello, Mr. Ivanovich?” Gonzo asked. “Mr. Ivanovich, hello! This is Gonzo. You interviewed me a few months ago, remember?” A pause. “Yes, that’s right.” Another pause. “Well, sir, I have a proposal for you.”

“PROPOSAL!” chanted Animal.

Floyd glared. “Quiet, Animal! Sit!”

“I never thought Gonzo was the marrying type,” said Rizzo, snickering.

Fozzie laughed. “Ah, that’s funny! Wocka wocka!”

Gonzo ignored them. “If I remember correctly, you couldn’t get an interview with either Kermit the Frog or Miss Piggy when you wrote your article. What if I told you that I can not only get you an interview with them … but an exclusive scoop on a Muppet reunion?” Another pause, and Gonzo shook his head. “Nope, it’s no joke. But there is a catch—you have to do something for us.”

Everyone craned their necks forward, trying to hear the journalist’s side of the conversation. “Is he going to do it?” whispered Rowlf.

“Just one small favor,” said Gonzo into the phone. “Find out where Kermit and Piggy are living and let us know. Then we’ll get you those interviews, Mr. Ivanovich. What do you say? Do we have a deal?”

Everyone held their breath.

And then Gonzo broke out into a whoop. “Great! Oh, thank you, Mr. Ivanovich! I promise you, you will get the best story ever!” He hung up and turned to his friends. “Guys! He’s going to do it!”

“Yay!” The Muppets started cheering and hugging and celebrating, filling the house with joyful noise.

Then Pepe frowned and turned to Gonzo. “We’re not really going to get him any interviews, are we?”

“Pepe!” Fozzie looked shocked. “We made a deal. You can’t break a deal.”

“You have obviously not met my cousin Manolo.”

Gonzo interrupted, “Hey, let’s focus on what’s important.”

Fozzie nodded. “You’re right.”

“Si,” added Pepe. “We are going to be famous and in movies again, okay!”

Just J

Reaction score
Part XIV: Networking

Part XIV: Networking

Ivan Ivanovich sat in his cubicle at Obsessive Voyeur magazine, tapping a pencil against his desk. When he had made that deal with the Muppets, he might have bitten off more than he could chew. The locations of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy were two of the most carefully guarded secrets in Hollywood. Nobody, but nobody, knew where they lived these days. And the people who did know weren’t talking.

But if he could get the information and the interview, he would definitely get a raise and maybe even a promotion. All right, then. Time to get to work.

But where to start? Well, Kermit was still doing Sesame Street appearances. Maybe a fellow cast member would know where he was. Ivan opened his file of contacts and browsed through it. Ivan didn’t have any information on how to directly contact any of the Sesame Street cast—just the names and numbers of their publicists, and they weren’t going to give him any personal information on their stars. But then he came across his notes from the last Muppet article he’d written and got an idea.

He picked up the phone and dialed. An older man picked up, barking, “What do you want?”

“Uh.” Ivan was already sweating. “Is this Mr. Statler?”

“No, this is Waldorf, his better half.”

Through the phone Ivan could hear someone else shout, “Is it for me?”, and Waldorf shouted back, “No, you old fool! Go back to sleep!”

“Mr. Waldorf,” Ivan tried again, “I was wondering if you happened to—”

There was a loud noise on the other end, followed by some muffled shouting. Then Ivan heard Statler’s voice. “Hello? Hello?”

“Mr. Statler?”

“Yes. Who is this?”

From the background Waldorf called out, “That’s what I was trying to find out.”

“This is Ivan Ivanovich. I’m a staff writer with Obsessive Voyeur magazine.”

“Ah, yes,” said Statler. “I buy that magazine all the time.”

Ivan couldn’t help smiling. “Really? You do?”

“Of course. It makes great lining for the canary cage!” And then both old men burst out in laughter. “Do ho ho ho!”

Ivan shook his head. He’d walked right into that one. “But in all seriousness,” he continued, “I was hoping you might be able to help me. I’m trying to locate Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.”

“The pig and the frog? What do you want with them?” asked Statler.

“More importantly, what’s in it for us?” added Waldorf.

“Gentlemen, please, have pity. I’m trying to reunite the Muppets. You know, get the gang back together. Surely you can support that goal.”

“Well … ” Waldorf thought it over. “You know, there is one thing I like about that theater.”

“Really?” Statler sounded surprised. “What’s that?”

“It shut down ten years ago.”

“Do ho ho ho!”

Ivan rolled his eyes, even though he knew they couldn’t see. “All right then. I’ll try someone else. Thank you for your time.”

“Wait! Now hold on.” Statler sighed. “The truth is, I guess I do miss them. Just a little!”

Ivan grinned. He just knew the old coots must have a soft spot.

“Ever write that in that magazine of yours, and we’ll sue,” warned Waldorf.

“But,” Statler continued, “we only know where the pig is. We don’t know what happened to the frog.”

“Gentlemen, I will take whatever I can get.”

G-MAN

Reaction score
Ah they joke, but they do have a soft spot, excellent story Just J, more, more.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, a beautiful two chapters! Oh awesome! I had a feeling Ivan had to come back in somehow... I'm soooooo curious, how do Statler and Waldorf know where Miss Piggy is? Where is she? And... and... and... OY!!! I want more please oh please oh please oh please oh please!

Just J

Reaction score
It's funny you mention that. Ivan originally wasn't going to come back into the story, until a friend of mine pointed out that it would seem odd if he didn't. So Ivan's back. And this is not the last we've heard of him. :wink:

Just J

Reaction score
Part XV: Operation "Bring Home the Bacon," Part 1

Part XV: Operation “Bring Home the Bacon,” Part One

Back in the Bear family’s old barn, shivering from the cold, the Muppets again convened to discuss strategy. Via Ivan, they only knew how to find Piggy, who was living in the middle of the Navajo desert in a custom-built mansion. Which was unfortunate because Kermit would have been the infinitely easier one to approach. Miss Piggy was just so—

“Pig-headed!”

“And irrational!”

“And violent. Don’t forget the violence, okay.”

“I mean, what’s to stop her from just hanging up on us when we call her?”

Gonzo nodded. “You’re right. So let’s not give her the chance. We’ll go see her in person.”

Floyd raised a bushy eyebrow. “What’s to stop her from killing us in person, man?

Dr. Teeth chuckled loudly, his whole body shaking with laughter, while Fozzie frowned disapprovingly at both band members.

“Well,” said Scooter thoughtfully, “what if we took her by surprise? We might have a chance then.” He turned to Sam. “Sam, didn’t you go work for the Secret Service after we split up?”

The large blue eagle puffed up his feathers. “Yes. It was a job that a true patriot such as myself was born to do.”

“With all that experience, couldn’t you come up with a way of breaking into Piggy’s mansion and sneaking up on her?”

“I could,” said Sam, with more than a hint of pride in his voice. “But I seriously doubt you weirdos would be able to pull it off.”

“Please, Sam?” pleaded Gonzo, eyes wide with hope.

“Please?”

“Aw, come on, Sam.”

“Do it for Kermit, Sam!”

Sam thought it over. For Kermit? Well. He had to admit he owed the frog. Kermit had always believed in him, even when none of the other Muppets did. “All right,” Sam said. “I’ll do it. For Kermit.” He straightened up and surveyed his troops. They were indeed a ragtag bunch, but they would have to do. “The key to any such mission is to appropriately use each team member’s strengths. Now let us begin. Does anyone have blueprints of Miss Piggy’s home?”

“Si,” said Pepe, laying out the papers on a nearby bale of hay. “They were just faxed to us this morning, okay.”

“Excellent work, Mr. Prawn. As you can see from the plans, there is a tall exterior wall surrounding the house. Crazy Harry!”

Harry perked up. “Sir, yes, sir!”

“You will be our explosives man. Your job will be to blow a hole in the wall so that we may enter.”

“Crazy Harry explode!” said Harry, pushing down the detonator on his omnipresent dynamite. The explosion blew out some of the boards on the barn and, while few Muppets seemed to care, a horse whinnied in meek protest at the noise.

Sam shook his head and muttered, “I regret this already.”

Rizzo studied the plans. “But what if Piggy’s got security guards? Won’t they hear the explosion?”

“That is where you come in, Mr. Rat,” said Sam. “Your small size will allow you to enter underneath the gates. You will then do surveillance and, if there are any guards, subdue them with a sleeping gas developed by—” Sam whirled around and pointed towards Bunsen and Beaker. “—Dr. Honeydew and his loyal assistant Mr. Beeker.”

“Righto!”

“Mee mo!”

Satisfied with their enthusiasm, Sam nodded approvingly. “Once the guards are asleep, we will enter through the hole in the wall. Mr. Gonzo, it will be your duty to devise a way of scaling the walls of the mansion.”

“Neat! How about shooting ourselves out of cannons?”

“That will do.” The eagle then turned to the flock of penguins congregating by the cow’s stall. “Penguins, once we are on the roof, you will peck out the skylight—you can see it here on the blueprints—so that we may gain entry.”

The penguins chattered their assent.

Next, Sam turned to Fozzie and Rowlf. “Mr. Bear. Mr. Dog. Your job is to distract the pig while the others sneak up behind her. Perhaps you can put together a short vaudeville routine?”

“Ah! Of course! Did you hear the one about the—”

“Not now, Fozzie,” whispered Rowlf.

“Oh. Sorry.”

Sam glared at them but continued, “The rest of us will then seize the pig and subdue her.”

Janice looked alarmed. “Like, easier said than done!”

“I understand your reserve. But considering how many of us there are, I think it possible, if not probable.”

Everyone fell silent, thinking about the huge task before them. They all hoped they were up to the challenge. Finally Fozzie broke the silence: “All right! Everybody, out to the bus! Let’s get the show on the road!”

A mad dash out the barn’s door followed, with Muppets fighting to get a good seat on the bus and avoid having to be seatmates with Animal. Sam was the last to leave, walking slowly. “To think,” he said to himself, “that I went from serving the president of the United States of America … to this.” But then he too climbed aboard the bus, and the adventure was underway.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, infinately awesome! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so awesome! Hey did I mentiong awesome? Because SOOOOOOOOOO INCREDIBLY AWESOME!

First of all, just the chapter title itself had me in stitches. And then I love love LOVE how you broke to dialogue to describe Miss Piggy. Awesome! "What's to stop her from killing us in person, man?" Priceless! And Sam's plan is just SO incredibly insanely awesomely wacko! “Neat! How about shooting ourselves out of cannons?” “That will do.” CUE HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER! I love that part! Heck, I love the whole darn CHAPTER! Incredible!

MORE MORE MORE! LET'S BRING HOME THE BACON!