The "You know what?" thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering Muppet Wiki now has complete guides for most of seasons 20-present, plus complete guides for seasons 10, 11, and 13, I figure that if the wiki currently doesn't list an episode number for a segment known to have debuted in the 1980s, or if the wiki finds an unknown segment from that decade, it likely didn't appear in a whole lot of episodes.

Though it's possible you can say that about a lot of inserts that debuted in seasons 10-13.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I really think about it, it seems to me that of the three major CGI animation studios (well, those that were once the top three major CGI animation studios), DreamWorks has been the most consistent with their overall animation and the evolution of such . . . I mean even the original SHREK still holds up very well today, and actually looks far more detailed, textured, and advanced compared to either Pixar or Blue Sky's earlier outings. It still strikes me crazy at how the original TOY STORY, while still an amazing movie, has not held up well over the years at all; the original ICE AGE to a lesser extent.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
When I really think about it, it seems to me that of the three major CGI animation studios (well, those that were once the top three major CGI animation studios), DreamWorks has been the most consistent with their overall animation and the evolution of such . . . I mean even the original SHREK still holds up very well today, and actually looks far more detailed, textured, and advanced compared to either Pixar or Blue Sky's earlier outings. It still strikes me crazy at how the original TOY STORY, while still an amazing movie, has not held up well over the years at all; the original ICE AGE to a lesser extent.
Oh yeah, there was a video about Pixar's evolution recently

Like, Sid's dog looks way more smooth and unsettling than I remember!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In one segment, Grover sells newspapers, and his unfortunate customer is not Mr. Johnson, though by that point Mr. Johnson primarily only dealt with Grover as a waiter, aside from the singing telegrams sketch he would not regularly end up being Grover's customer everywhere for a few years.

And then in this season, there's a segment where Keegan Michael-Key works at the newsstand, Mr. Johnson is the first customer... and it's a rare one where Mr. Johnson is a customer to somebody other than Grover (and Grover doesn't even appear in the sketch).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see now that Comcast is categorizing Muppet movies as being in the "Children" genre . . . something I know would really, really irk Jim.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In UHF, there's two different scenes involving Town Talk, and yet the two scenes make it seem like they're two different shows that share a title, genre, and host. And outside of those scenes, there's never any mention that George Newman hosts a talk show (there's barely any mention that he was Uncle Nutzy, either, but we do see him dressed as the character outside of the Uncle Nutzy's Clubhouse scenes).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to think that the hot air balloon sequence in The Great Muppet Caper was done on an indoor set, with the wideshots being a miniature, and thought that the "Hey, a Movie!" number was done outdoors in a real city street. And yet it's the other way around.

Also, on the Moving Right Along podcast, they say that the street is obviously a set. Is it really so obvious? Because I don't really see anything fake about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another interesting pre-production anecdote to share about MORON LEAGUE 4, but as I'm finishing up the last of the major sets, I realize that one shot that's scripted will actually have to be completely re-written before filming due to the size and proportion of one of the characters in relation to this particular set (the sets are constructed mainly to be raised up so the figures and such can be puppeteered from under the floor level), so some last-minute alterations were added to this particular set as well.

Other than that, I'm practically finished with the sets for the most part - now I just have to wait for my other voice actors to send me their lines (as well as some set decor I've ordered), and I'll finally, finally, finally be ready to roll camera!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've figured out another reason why DVD is still superior to streaming: DVD has no commercials; streaming forces you to sit through commercials that you can't skip.