• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Christmas Music
    Our 19th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

The "You know what?" thread

Misskermie

Reaction score
So, I guess we all could put our sudden realizations here.

Mine:

They say the early bird gets the worm, but...
Slow and steady wins the race...
:/

charlietheowl

Reaction score
90s bands are starting to be considered Classic Rock. Makes me feel old.
I heard Creed once on my area's "classic/hard rock" station and wanted to drive my car into the nearest telephone pole. Creed is not a band that anyone should have to listen to anymore.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I already said this in the "you ever notice... and what's the deal?" thread, but I think it should be said here.

In the song 1985, they say that the woman's "two kids, in high school, tell her that she's uncool, 'cause she's still preoccupied with 1985". But at the time the song came out, wasn't 1980s nostalgia considered cool by then? Why would high school students find someone obsesses with the 1980s uncool?

StevieOpossum

Reaction score
I already said this in the "you ever notice... and what's the deal?" thread, but I think it should be said here.

In the song 1985, they say that the woman's "two kids, in high school, tell her that she's uncool, 'cause she's still preoccupied with 1985". But at the time the song came out, wasn't 1980s nostalgia considered cool by then? Why would high school students find someone obsesses with the 1980s uncool?
I always thought the kids thought she was uncool because she was really obsessing over the '80s and is living in the past too much, similar to Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite.