The "You know what?" thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Lately I’ve been catching up on Dave Chappelle. The trans community want him canceled. The last time I saw him, he did a funny bit about Sesame Street. Thought it was great.

He’s taken swipes at white people, Christiians, Trump, and I still think he’s a funny guy.

The rub comes, he had a trans friend named Daphne. She even opened up for Chappelle and bombed big time.
Trans people on Twitter said Chappelle was transphobic. Daphne defended him, and the firestorm of hate she got back was enormous.
Six days later Daphne killed herself.

I understand in the trans community there is an abnormally high rate of depression and suicide. But it seems worse when they turn on one of their own.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Truth is Dave is an equal opportunity offender. People only try and cancel him when he cracks a joke that offends them personally.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just like SNL. They've always made fun of everybody and everything that's topical and in the news . . . nobody batted an eye pre-2015 when they made fun of every Democrat who was prominent in politics at the time: Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, John Edwards, Bill Richardson, Mike Gravel, Dennis Kucinich - and even the occasions where they made fun of certain Republicans like Sarah Palin . . . but once Alec Baldwin started playing Trump, then all of the sudden, the right was offended and wanted to cancel SNL on the grounds that they clearly were pushing biased liberal agendas . . . by that logic, wouldn't that mean those years they spent making fun of all of the above-mentioned Democrats mean SNL was pushing biased conversative agendas?

Oh, and Millennials are wanting to retroactively cancel certain sitcoms they find offensive, like BEWITCHED because they think Darrin is an abusive husband to Samantha by forbidding her from using her witchcraft (which was actually Sam's choice out of her love for him), or ALL IN THE FAMILY because of Archie Bunker's bigotry (which was kind of the point of illustrating out of touch he was with the times), or even SEINFELD because they say it's the most offensive sitcom there is (even though, like SNL, they were equal-opportunity offenders).

Again, honestly, in this day and age, people are quite practically just looking for any excuse they can to get unnecessarily offended over anything. I'm a southern, and I'm not offended by how we're often portrayed as being grubby, toothless, backwoods rednecks. I also have Irish in my blood, and I'm not offended by the old Irish (Keystone) cop stereotypes. I'm also part Cherokee, and I'm not offended by the broken-English, cowboy-sidekick portrayal of Native Americans.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One thing about All in the Family. In the beginning, obviously the focus was on Archie and his bigoted ways. Most of the conflict came from Archie and Meathead shouting each other down.
In later seasons, we got to see Mike was every bit as stubborn, chauvinistic, and closed-minded as he accused Archie of being.
He actually saw more things from Archie’s point of view, and for all their superficial trappings, they weren’t really that much different.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just like SNL. They've always made fun of everybody and everything that's topical and in the news . . . nobody batted an eye pre-2015 when they made fun of every Democrat who was prominent in politics at the time: Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, John Edwards, Bill Richardson, Mike Gravel, Dennis Kucinich - and even the occasions where they made fun of certain Republicans like Sarah Palin . . . but once Alec Baldwin started playing Trump, then all of the sudden, the right was offended and wanted to cancel SNL on the grounds that they clearly were pushing biased liberal agendas . . . by that logic, wouldn't that mean those years they spent making fun of all of the above-mentioned Democrats mean SNL was pushing biased conversative agendas?

Oh, and Millennials are wanting to retroactively cancel certain sitcoms they find offensive, like BEWITCHED because they think Darrin is an abusive husband to Samantha by forbidding her from using her witchcraft (which was actually Sam's choice out of her love for him), or ALL IN THE FAMILY because of Archie Bunker's bigotry (which was kind of the point of illustrating out of touch he was with the times), or even SEINFELD because they say it's the most offensive sitcom there is (even though, like SNL, they were equal-opportunity offenders).

Again, honestly, in this day and age, people are quite practically just looking for any excuse they can to get unnecessarily offended over anything. I'm a southern, and I'm not offended by how we're often portrayed as being grubby, toothless, backwoods rednecks. I also have Irish in my blood, and I'm not offended by the old Irish (Keystone) cop stereotypes. I'm also part Cherokee, and I'm not offended by the broken-English, cowboy-sidekick portrayal of Native Americans.
It’s because not everyone had access to the internet like we do today.

Truth is this is just a good example of life only getting shittier as time goes on. The 2020s decade is only going to continue to show how disappointing it will be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been noticing that lately, for whatever reason, 80s stations and channels have been playing this remix version of "The Safety Dance" rather than the original.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest, this is one video I actually roll my eyes at a lot more than find humorous.

The dog is clearly stressed out because he knows he’s going to be attacked by the cat…. And I feel like the owner knew it was going to happen. Yet she just continues to encourage the dog to walk and just laughs off the cat attacking him in the butt like that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Having had a bunch of cats, I can tell you this. Cats are very territorial. Even if you have more than one cat, they’ll find a spot they claim as their own. They’ll be very possessive over that spot, and anyone who comes near will get a swat.
Some dogs and cats do get along, other times they’re ready to fight. And some cats can hold their own against much bigger dogs.