The Steven Universe thread

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
The new episode was supposed to be on tonight...yet what did they air instead? TEEN TITANS GO! I'm really disappointed, and I'm honestly getting sick of TTG. Robin literally fills me with so much hatred.
The Crewniverse changed the new episode to September instead of this month due to work and scudding difficulties (I think) so hopefully the longer we wait, the better the episode!

Drtooth

Reaction score
To be fair, SU had 2 weeks of full episodes in the summer promotion while everything besides TTG (which clobbers Spongebob in the Ratings, especially since they show it just as much of the day) only got one. I really dislike how they only have one new night of episodes and only a mall selection of them fit in that rotation. But as long as there's no Dudes Happening, Testing Johnnies, or Annoying Web Cartoons on the schedule, I'm fine with it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Nightmare Hospital" was the 3rd episode to not feature the Gems at all. It was truly Connie's time to shine, and her mom's time to loosen the reins a bit in her parenting to let her save their lives.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Will their be a Halloween special for SU? I would love one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The mutant gems making a major comeback might signal something extremely sinister down the road. This show never has any true filler episodes, as most things wind up coming back or becoming important again. Even the ones with the mailman have some shades of important facts about the Crystal Gems. Not to mention the fact that Connie was frustrated enough to reveal the truth about Steven and the Gems. So that's out of the way and the glasses are probably not coming back. Every episode changes the show's narrative, even if it's gradual. The writers always have that perfect level of keeping things suspenseful so the fans can hang on. By all means, it's an intense show.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I actually took the time to torture myself with the Barney episode where Riff made his debut just to hear how he'd sound, and it's pretty eerie how close his voice sounds to the one Michaela Dietz would use for Amethyst, maybe a little softer.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey. They all have to start somewhere. And for her it was unfortunately on the downswing in popularity of the overrated, not really that good hit kids' show.

Anyway. Anyone remember that "extended theme song" that was floating around the internet for a few months from Comic Con? Well, I'm kinda disappointed by the fact the actual released version is just an internet exclusive short, and thus has no context in an actual episode. It's still cool, though. Love the Japanese opening theme song cliche they threw in. The big upcoming bad being shown only in shadow.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was a great episode focusing on Sadie and her overbearing mother. And like Connie, she chews her out at the end. It's obvious that this was specifically aimed at those vicarious parents who insist on controlling everything that their child takes an interest, no longer making it fun for them.

And I bet Sadie can still fit into her old tutu and swimsuit. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This episode is one of those little side things I was hoping would pay off later. They set something like this up forever ago with Steven seeing his mother on video tape. Also great to have Sadie actually sing something for a change too, considering her voice actress. Seems most of the cast can sing, and that includes a lot of the townspeople. This is very much a music based show down to the background score, and most of the cast comes from a musical background.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was so hilarious seeing Peridot in a more vulnerable state without her limb extenders. And we also got some buildup to an impending doom from her, which she is also terrified of.