1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Steven Universe thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr3urious, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

2. Pig's Laundry

Ok, dark question but, what would happen to Steven if you ripped his gem out? Is all of his physical form human or does some of it come from the gem?

3. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

That was an intense Stevenbomb.
    We got to see the big reveal that Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond were the same gem (and had some moral ambiguity of her own), the wedding of Ruby and Sapphire with the two finally locking lips on-screen, the attack of the Diamonds with just about all the protagonists fighting back, and the shattering of Peridot after insulting Yellow Diamond a second time. Though we would eventually see Steven reveal himself to Blue and Yellow as PD's re-incarnation, which is going to take a frustratingly long time to see what this comes to.

4. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, I literally just finished watching it, and OH MY GOD was that intense.
    *A MASSIVE SPOILER BELOW, THE SPOILER TAG ISN'T WORKING:
    I think these might be some of my favorite episodes! First of all, I have to say, Ruby is so cute, and I wouldn't mind seeing more episodes about her in the future. The whole time they were separated I kept thinking to myself, man it would be great if Garnet were here, and then I was like, oh wait. I freaking lost it when Ruby came in as a cowgirl and proposed to Saphire, I freaking, lost it. And, everything, from various characters' returns, to the pacing and tones of each episode was just perfect. Honestly, if these had been the final episodes of the whole show I would've been fine with that. I mean, sure they still have more plot lines to resolve, but I don't know how they're gonna top this.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  5. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought that Peridot was just temporarily poofed out of existence, and that her gemstone wasn't shattered...

6. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, thankfully our Peri was not shattered.

snichols1973 likes this.
  7. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Was a very cute moment, I agree.

8. Pig's Laundry

I didn't know you watch SU, Ole' Thunder Pants!

9. Old Thunder

I don't. It popped up in my Twitter feed.

10. Pig's Laundry

Ah. Well yeah, it's gotten pretty hard to avoid, lol.

11. Pig's Laundry

Oh, and can we just appreciate how nice Zach Callison's singing is!

ConsummateVs and snichols1973 like this.
  12. Pig's Laundry

Oh yeah, let's not forget that this is happening...

Which means, some scary stuff is probably gonna go down involving the diamonds :eek:. Or, judging by what looks to be the villain, it might be something entirely new. Would've been cool if it was theatrical release, but this way they can make sure that everyone who watches the show gets to see this.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  13. Pig's Laundry

Oh, @Old Thunder I forgot I used to call you Ole' Thunder Pants! I'm gonna go back to doing that, if you don't mind. :smirk:

14. Pig's Laundry

Ok, just a couple short rants...
    Firstly, this hiatus is killin' me! Most shows don't just go on hiatuses this long while the season is still going. It's pretty ridiculous. The show was in the middle of a really important arc for the series! Like, a lot of stuff happened and a whole lot has gone unresolved. You can't just have episodes like that and leave it hanging for... who knows how long. People are either gonna forget about what was going on or just completely lose interest. It totally ruins the flow of the season :rolleyes:.

Second, why is the only episode my brother ever goes to Onion Gang? I mean, of all the episodes. Why???

15. Old Thunder

I didn't know that you'd stopped, ya Laundromat.

16. Pig's Laundry

That's an offensive nickname. Why do you call me that? Is it because I steal dirty laundry from the financially vulnerable and don't give it back???! Huh, IS IT?!

17. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm getting tired of this hiatus too, GIMME SOME NEW EPISODES, CN!

Also, it's better than the episode Rocknaldo... give him that lol.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  18. Pig's Laundry

Ugh, you're right! Ronaldo is the only thing about the show that annoys me more than this hiatus.

19. snichols1973

With fewer episodes being released and multiple-month hiatuses in between, it may feel like the series may eventually be reaching its conclusion once the current storylines are concluded; then again, I might be mistaken.

*Sigh* I guess we'll just have to wait and see, even though at this time, it feels like there's more waiting than seeing...

20. snichols1973

The answer, for those who may or may not have seen the "Change Your Mind" episode:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019